Author Topic: Things I wish I'd known  (Read 1295 times)

HeidiB

• Cupcakes Member
Things I wish I'd known
« on: June 05, 2014, 12:46:33 PM »
I seem to be going through the game world ass backward; to help others avoid this fate, here are things I've learned.  Please add to the thread!

Disclaimer:  Things I wish I had done may be things you'll wish you hadn't done.  I didn't do them, so I can't tell.

*  Sell old gear.  An NPC tells you to salvage it, but unless you're a mad crafter or auctioneer you probably want to sell it to a vendor to raise the ~10g for your mount.

*  Right click on decorative items.  They go into an invisible crate in the sky, and stop cluttering your inventory.

*  There are two level 6-10 quest hubs.  The northernmost end of the low level zones are lowest level, increasing as you move south.  Sorry, I don't know where the free taxi is that gets you to the second low level quest hub.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
Re: Things I wish I'd known
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 01:12:13 PM »
*  There are two level 6-10 quest hubs.  The northernmost end of the low level zones are lowest level, increasing as you move south.  Sorry, I don't know where the free taxi is that gets you to the second low level quest hub.

Depends on which starter zone you chose.  One other thing that's not obvious is that there are two ways to exit the spacecraft after the mandatory "learner" sequence of quests.  Each way gets you to a different zone, sort of like taking a different boat out of Stormwind used to do.

Thanamira

• Bunny Champion
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 07:17:55 AM »
When do you get a house?  Is it a level thing or a reach-this-city thing?
Thanamira (110 arcane maga), Reonna (110 prot warrior), Gaillardia (100 eventual resto druid)

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 04:04:40 PM »
Level 14 you'll unlock a quest when you enter your main city to visit the proto-star representative. He'll take you on a little ride, show you some display models and then you'll be able to teleport up to your land plot.

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 04:07:22 PM »

HeidiB

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2014, 07:06:51 AM »
The XAS Forward Camp seems to be at a lower challenge level than Camp Dustdevil.  I was pretty stuck until I (literally) tried a new approach to the missing scientists quest.

Thanamira

• Bunny Champion
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 07:42:53 PM »
Is there a way to get map markers of settler tasks?  I see the 1, 2, 3 etc of quests, but not of settler things.  I don't how many times I've crisscrossed the map for over 1km.

Also, is there a way to disable challenges?
Thanamira (110 arcane maga), Reonna (110 prot warrior), Gaillardia (100 eventual resto druid)

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 09:21:18 PM »
Not by default, perhaps with addons?

HeidiB

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, 03:42:20 AM »
There are two tabs -- AMPs and abilities.  You get to the abilities tab by clicking on the new skill available to you that you were shown on leveling up.  Then you click on the AMPs tab and spend points there, too.

Those little capsules in your inventory are level 2 AMPs.  Right click on them to see if you can learn them.  Sell the spares -- some are worth a bunch of money on the AH, but yours are probably worthless.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2014, 06:12:25 PM »
My settler tasks do show up but not on the global map at distance.  When I get close enough they show up.  It's my experience that each path has a unique set of icons that decorate the map.  My soldier's missions don't look like my settler's missions, etc.

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2014, 06:13:24 AM »
Sorry, I was answering the challenge question. But yeah on my overhead map I have little explorer icons that pop up to show that there's an objective in the area, I don't think it shows up in the minimap however.

A lot of people really like this addon, it sends little trails out to quest/path objectives and I think also gathering resources: http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar/220588-ayth_quest

I haven't tried it, but it seems to be popular.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 06:16:39 AM by Wren »