Author Topic: Wild Star: server, factions, guilds, circles, oh my!  (Read 3727 times)

Thanamira

• Bunny Champion
  • Cupcakes Member
Wild Star: server, factions, guilds, circles, oh my!
« on: May 28, 2014, 10:32:32 AM »
Servers were announced today:

Quote from: http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/05/28/wildstar-releases-its-server-list/
US PvE servers are Avatus, Caretaker, Mikros, Thunderfoot, Orias, and Stormtalon. PvP players in the US can choose between Widow, Pago, and Pergo, while roleplayers will be on Evindra

Factions: Dominion vs Exiles.

Guilds and circles: you can be in only 1 guild and up to 5 circles.  Source: http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/uplink_analysis_what_is_a_guild.php/ scroll down to the bottom for the actual info.

---

Server: Evindra (RP)
Faction: Exiles
Circle: Deadly Cupcakes

Thanaomira: Thanamira (Aurin Esper Settler), alts to follow
Wren: Wren (Aurin Stalker Explorer), Dominion chuas to follow :D
Grace: Petraark (Human Medic)
Periastron: Periastron (Human Spellslinger)
Jenilea: Jenilea (Mordesh Engineer Scientist)
HeidiB: Kap (Aurin)
Snique: Niska (Human Engineer Settler)

Faction: Dominion
Circle: Volunteer Test Subject

Wren: Fraz (Chua Spellslinger)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 09:54:56 AM by thanaomira »
Thanamira (110 arcane maga), Reonna (110 prot warrior), Gaillardia (100 eventual resto druid)

Thanamira

• Bunny Champion
  • Cupcakes Member
Re: Wild Star: server, factions, guilds, circles, oh my!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 10:33:58 AM »
As such, I plan on being on Evinora and on Exiles.  If I don't get swept up into another guild, I'll form <Deadly Cupcakes> whenever I can.

Yes, I pre-ordered, but I won't be starting Head Start until Sunday evening, so if someone beats me to this, go them.  Read: that would be just as well, since we all know I don't play as much as the average DC person.
Thanamira (110 arcane maga), Reonna (110 prot warrior), Gaillardia (100 eventual resto druid)

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 10:36:31 AM »
I'm waiting to see how some people shake out but my feelings are that most likely I'll make my dominion character on whatever server the guild I'm considering chooses and I'll make my Exile folks on Evindra because RP. And that should work out well since I was leaning towards Wren being an aurin or mordesh stalker anyway :)

Periastron

• Guild Agitator :)
  • Cupcakes Member
Re: WildStar: server, factions, guilds, circles, oh my!
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 11:25:39 AM »
I'd like to roll on Evindra as well.  I suspect that Evindra is going fill up very fast, though.  :(  I have Head Start access and may stay up late so I can watch the server crash early Saturday morning, as a zillion people all try to get on at once.  Including me!

I am willing to be flexible about faction.  It looks like people are leaning towards Exiles here, which is fine with me, but I have no strong feelings one way or the other.  I played both during alpha/beta and they're equally ridiculous.

As a side note, I'm vacationing in the U.S. for two weeks and will be largely hors de combat June 5-17.  Bad timing, I know.  You'll all be max level when I get back.  :P

-- Peri
GW2 Tag: Periastron.7302; Server: Jade Quarry

Thanamira

• Bunny Champion
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 11:28:21 AM »
Wren points out:
http://novastar-wildstar.enjin.com/home

An Evindra/Exiles guild.  They've closed apps until after launch.  It might make more sense to have a DC circle and to join that guild instead.

TEH COMPLICATIONS WE HAZ THEM

Oh wait, I forgot to add

OH NOES OMG

There we go.

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 12:03:25 PM »
The good news is that the server capacity for individual servers is larger than most individual mmo servers, not as big as megaservers like Eve but still probably larger than what the typical WoW server would allow.

So even with only one RP server for NA we should be OK.

Also I kind of like that they're starting conservatively to encourage healthy server populations

If you want to hear about all the behind the scenes technical server stuff, they had Cougar their director of operations on the nexus report this week :

http://www.twitch.tv/wildstar/b/532722816 - Part 1 (relevant stuff starts around 21.10 mark)
http://www.twitch.tv/wildstar/b/532733035 - Part 2

summary if you don't feel like watching: http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/26mmqq/wildstar_the_nexus_report_may_27th_summary/

« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 12:08:18 PM by Wren »

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 12:09:13 PM »
Wren points out:
http://novastar-wildstar.enjin.com/home

An Evindra/Exiles guild.  They've closed apps until after launch.  It might make more sense to have a DC circle and to join that guild instead.

TEH COMPLICATIONS WE HAZ THEM

Oh wait, I forgot to add

OH NOES OMG

There we go.

We get confused when we have a lot of choices. *runs in circles*

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 12:20:02 PM »
If I can roll on the RP server I'll roll Exiles there. If there's a guild and someone wants to invite me that'll be nice.  My character names there will probably be different, though.

Periastron

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2014, 12:59:30 PM »
Thanks for the summary link, Wren.  (Life is too short for videos and podcasts!)  That sounds encouraging; I guess we'll see how it goes on Saturday!

I will roll Exile (but likely not Aurin) on Evindra.

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2014, 01:06:02 PM »
We can't create a guild until level 12 and some gold anyway so we'll definitely get a deadly cupcakes friend circle setup right away. Or rather I will because I'm the weirdo who will probably be awake when things go live :)

I'll post here as soon as I have character info and anyone I invite in will have invite privileges to make it all easy. (For Evindra/Exile)

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2014, 01:17:54 PM »
Shuffled this discussion into the new sub forum. Look, I'm moderating!

Periastron

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 01:22:59 PM »
Yeah... how much gold, anyway?

I'm guessing there will be... a non-zero chance... that I will be up when the servers go on.  I wonder whether they will soft launch them a little bit early, like other games have.

Grace

• Adjective Noun Member
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2014, 04:40:52 PM »
So, I realize this is going to be a silly question given that I play on Earthen Ring, but why an RP server? Is it for RP'ing, because you find the communities there are better, or some other reason(s)?

My initial thought was to go to a PVE since that's what I'm interested in, but all the guilds I've been looking at on http://wildstar.guildex.org/guilds/na and http://www.reddit.com/r/WSGuilds fit into one or more of the following:

1) Too hardcore for me.
2) Too family-friendly.
3) Interested in PVP (or RP).
4) Cannot spell.
5) Their forums do not have "Wicker Baskets of BALLS" nor "For Brynn..." threads.
/highfive

"My hard exterior masks a soft, nougat-y center."
- Tinkerballa, The Guild

Thanamira

• Bunny Champion
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2014, 06:28:29 PM »
I only have my experience from WoW and SWTOR, but I find that RP servers have less asshattery than PvE servers.  I think it's about norms and environment: if everyone has a name like JediLOLOL then 1, it's jarring to me and 2, people tend to be more of a jerk.

I neither do ZOMG MY IMMERSION YOU BROKE IT nor require that everyone RP walk in a dungeon, but just having the center of the bell curve shifted is something I appreciate.  :)

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2014, 06:21:08 AM »
+1 Thana.

I've been doing a lot of cross-realm groups in WoW lately for Ordos and celestials. The level of asshattery seen is... discouraging.  I would like to play with people whose goal it is to increase game enjoyment for everyone.