Author Topic: Sky Golem  (Read 2045 times)

ghoselle

• Three Rivers Moderator
    • Three Rivers
Sky Golem
« on: February 25, 2014, 06:50:31 PM »
Is there anyone who wants a Sky Golem, but does not have an engineer?  If so, I'm willing to make it for just materials. 

Andraax

• Adjective Noun Member
Re: Sky Golem
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 08:27:31 PM »
I'm interested, but don't really have a stockpile of enough mats at the moment.  Let me see what I can scrape around and see if it's worth it for me to bother going through the effort.

ghoselle

• Three Rivers Moderator
    • Three Rivers
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 09:05:57 PM »
I'm interested, but don't really have a stockpile of enough mats at the moment.  Let me see what I can scrape around and see if it's worth it for me to bother going through the effort.

Timewise, it takes 30 days of an engineering cooldown.  I've done 15 of them already, so it'd be 15 days before I could make the mount.  So you have time.  I'm going to be doing the engineering cooldown daily anyway -- its just a matter of if the mount gets made to be sold on AH or for someone in DC. 

So the big cost is the living steel.  Its 30 living steel in addition to the engineering cooldown tokens.  You can make 1 stack a day of living steel for another 6 stacks of ghost iron ore (or its trillium equivalent) once per day with an alchemist -- naturally a transmute spec'd alchemist may get lucky.  I can also provide some alchemist transmutes if that's helpful; but I need a few for myself.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 06:08:18 AM »
I have both alchemist and blacksmith cooldowns sitting unused that I can donate for making steel if you want.  Ping me in-game.

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 07:38:32 AM »
I have around 77 of Jard's Peculiar Energy Source and 96 Living Steel if someone wanted one (or even the pets)
Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 110),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 110)

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 08:21:57 AM »
I've got a transmute-specced alchemist. I've been churning out Primal Diamonds to make money to buy the uber-yak.

As a mount, how does the Sky Golem compare to that big yak? If the former is better, I might take advantage of Ghoselle's offer and start transmuting Living Steel instead.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

ghoselle

• Three Rivers Moderator
    • Three Rivers
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 08:49:10 AM »
I've got a transmute-specced alchemist. I've been churning out Primal Diamonds to make money to buy the uber-yak.

As a mount, how does the Sky Golem compare to that big yak? If the former is better, I might take advantage of Ghoselle's offer and start transmuting Living Steel instead.

The yak has a vendor and a reforger on it.  The sky golem you can pick herbs from without dismounting.

Andraax

• Adjective Noun Member
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 05:54:47 PM »
OK, looks like my stockpile of stuff is actually close enough this is worth it.

Mats would be 300 ghost iron bars (since the Jard's is BoP, I believe) and the 30 Living Steel, right?  I just did some farming and have 280 ghost iron bars and about 130 trillium.  Just some more trillium, then getting the transmutes and I'll have everything.

I'll ping Snique in game then for some transmutes and hit up some others as well.

-Andraax
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 07:01:20 PM by Andraax »

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 07:30:11 PM »
It turns out that the Sky Golem was a mere 19000gp at the Auction House, so I just bought one. For someone saving up 108000gp for the yak, it was a modest set-back.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 11:03:57 AM »
I'm not sure what'll happen to the sky golem (like other flying mounts) when WoD takes flying away.  Will you be able to be on the ground herbing?

The thing is ugly as sin on the ground - it waddles and clomps.  I'll be going back to my PWN bike, which also has the advantage of passenger carry.

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 02:59:42 PM »
To be honest it is ugly in flight too.
Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 110),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 110)

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2014, 10:26:54 AM »
dood, it does rolls.  No other mount does that on its own.  That alone makes it awesome.  Also, the closing bubble when you go underwater is unique.

Razov

• MKFL
  • Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2014, 03:00:25 PM »
dood, it does rolls.  No other mount does that on its own.  That alone makes it awesome.  Also, the closing bubble when you go underwater is unique.

Assuming your head and antlers aren't sticking out of said bubble.. cause they don't make an extra large version for some of us feathered people... >.>
Because he thought it was good sport. Because some gnomes aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some gnomes just want to watch the world burn.

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2014, 12:47:32 PM »
I think this sums up the Sky Golem

The next one was a big one and thirty yards long - a coach built limoship and obviously designed with one aim in mind, that of making the beholder sick with envy. The paintwork and accessory detail clearly said "Not only am I rich enough to afford this ship, I am also rich enough not to take it seriously." It was wonderfully hideous.
"Just look at it," said Zaphod, "multi-cluster quark drive, perspulex running boards. Got to be a Lazlar Lyricon custom job."
He examined every inch.
"Yes," he said, "look, the infra-pink lizard emblem on the neutrino cowling. Lazlar's trade mark. The man has no shame."
"I was passed by one of these mothers once, out by the Axel Nebula," said Ford, "I was going flat out and this thing just strolled past me, star drive hardly ticking over. Just incredible."
Zaphod whistled appreciatively.
"Ten seconds later", said Ford, "it smashed straight into the third moon of Jaglan Beta."
"Yeah, right?"
"Amazing looking ship though. Looks like a fish, moves like a fish, steers like a cow."

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2016, 06:08:00 AM »
Just bought mats for a Sky Golem. Whom can I send mats to to help me make it? I have Ghost Iron and Living Steel.
o/\o