Author Topic: Fallen Protectors  (Read 2120 times)

Honorata

• Your Own Personal Eeyore
  • Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
Fallen Protectors
« on: October 23, 2013, 02:58:46 AM »
Heroic
Pulled this but did not kill it today. Mechanics are very similar to normal with a few exceptions:

- The other two protectors can do their special attacks during a Desperate Measures phase. (clash during dark meditation, etc.)

- Other abilities have stacking buffs that are wiped by forcing the boss into Desperate Measures:
* Rook's Corrupted brew is thrown faster and faster (you have less time to react to it)
* Calamity does more and more % health damage between sun's desperate measures phases
* I think He does more poison?

- Mark of Anguish should not be placed on a tank in heroic as it gives a 4 minute stacking 80% armor debuff. Set up a rotation ahead of time of people with major DR cds/immunities (dispersion, divine shield, ice block) that can be given Mark of Anguish

- Rook's Desperate Measures adds share health. We found we mostly wanted to focus Gloom, since interrupting shock is pretty important. Cleave down others where possible to end this phase faster.

Overall, we found that the DPS check was fairly tight and the healing required was ALSO fairly high (we used 6 healers on early attempts, then switched to 7). The strat we're currently looking at using is gathering all bosses and cleaving them down to a safe range (75% or something) and then pushing them into desperate measures one at a time, but quickly, then repeating the cleave to ~40%/pushing one at a time to desperate measures.

Other stuff:
- top lust with cleave strat
- we are having ranged mostly stack up, and then run out on brew CD, the person with sha sear on them step out of group
- Sun's sha sear can be interrupted. do not interrupt the cast, but midway through the channel.
- really the only time you're going to focus on single-target instead of cleave here is to burn anguish during he's desperate measures phase
- shadow priest/symbiosis boomkin mass dispel is hugely helpful to healers here.
- during sun's desperate measures, raid should stack near edge of bubble nearest Rook, so that when he does clash/spinning crane kick, SCK doesn't fill the whole bubble.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 03:02:10 AM by Honorata »
WoW: Keana | Neraati | Honorata | Coriandra | Naian
Discord: Honorata#8760

Honorata

• Your Own Personal Eeyore
  • Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
Re: Fallen Protectors
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 03:27:30 AM »
What we ended up doing was a variant on the cleave strategy mentioned above. We cleaved down everyone, then pushed rook into his desperate measures phase and finished that. Then we pushed sun and he together into their desperate measures phases. (That is we had dark meditation and anguish at the same time.) This prevented the bubble from getting full of He's poison and killing everyone.

I believe we saved lust for second anguish/dark meditation, tbh it's all a bit of a blur to me.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 03:34:52 AM by Honorata »
WoW: Keana | Neraati | Honorata | Coriandra | Naian
Discord: Honorata#8760

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
Re: Fallen Protectors
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 08:13:03 PM »
TRR had an unusual amount of trouble with this fight on heroic, so we only just came back to it after getting Norushen, Galakras, and (post-5.4.8) Pride.

Before tonight I had missed Honorata's suggestion to focus on Gloom during Rook's desperate measures; previously I had almost all of the raid on Sorrow, which makes no sense with the shared health pool.  Initially I had people moving into the yellow circle right before the infernal blast cast goes off to avoid sha sear issues, but I changed my mind because that was causing too many missed Gloom interrupts.  So we just had everyone step into the yellow circle as soon as it was convenient unless they had sha sear.

By the time we did this, DPS wasn't really an issue even with three healers, so we didn't position too aggressively for cleave damage.  We did tank Rook outside of the dome during He/Sun desperate measures and tried to make sure that clash->crane didn't fill up the whole dome with bad.

The last part of the fight isn't quite as much of a stroll as it seems like it should be, because Rook's keg toss gets additional time to accelerate.  We lost a couple of people before we brought home the kill.