Author Topic: Garrosh Hellscream  (Read 4959 times)

Tweed

• Three Rivers Member
  • Cupcakes Member
  • Energy. Power. My people are addicted to it.
Re: Garrosh Hellscream
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2014, 10:03:50 AM »
Tell your resident mage (every raid is required to have one -- if your raid does not, that is why you can't kill Garrosh) that this is her moment to shine with Ring of Frost. Granted, I've only used it once or twice back when we were first learning the fight, but I can totally see a world in which Ring of Frost saved the off-tank's ass while she tries to kite the adds around the round.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2014, 11:44:03 AM »
A recent hotfix:
During the Garrosh Hellscream encounter, Word of Glory no longer generates threat during stages 2 and 3 to address an issue that was making the encounter more difficult than intended for raid groups with Protection Paladin tanks.
I assume the problem here is empowered whirling corruption adds all converging on the prot paladin (where they are further kept in one place by incidental tank AOE) instead of going to the DPS who are killing them or to the healers who at least won't generate a pile of additional threat on them.  We haven't had too much of a problem with this but it does happen.

I'm not sure why frenzied regen and death strike aren't also mentioned.  Maybe they already didn't generate threat?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/13021019/547-hotfixes-april-23-4-23-2014

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2014, 12:07:57 PM »
Or Expel Harm!
o/\o