Author Topic: Siegecrafter Blackfuse  (Read 1080 times)

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
Siegecrafter Blackfuse
« on: October 04, 2013, 09:00:06 PM »
As a healer, I don't have a lot to say here that's probably helpful besides "don't stand in fire," but here were some things that helped our group:

- You won't necessarily want to send your best overall DPS up to the assembly lines, but you will want to send your best burst DPS. I believe in 10m you assign two people (going one at a time) to handle this mechanic. (We used 6 people going three at a time on 25m.) You'll also probably want to assign a backup in case someone dies or can't make it up there in time. If you can't otherwise make a decision, send melee, since melee aren't very good at helping kill the adds.

- We ended up just having the DPS on the assembly line kill the thing DBM told them to instead of going in with a predetermined kill order. This meant we got magnets a little more often than we would have otherwise, but overall it wasn't too bad.

- Having DPS fail once at the assembly line isn't necessarily an auto-wipe, although dealing with three abilities at once and the boss shielding is really annoying. You want to avoid this happening, but it's survivable and won't necessarily prevent a kill.

- Try to have a stack point for the saw blades. We started off all on one side of the room, and slowly moved across the room as the fight went on. This also helped ranged to not be in the way of saw blades flying into a magnet when one activated.

- try to have a raid cooldown available for the 3rd aoe pulse from the add if you get one. It really hurts. Ideally, try to have it killed before that point.

- We had hunters assigned to handling mines, and tried to always have frost traps up in the back of the room where the mines would come from to help slow them. (I believe on our 10m team's kill of this, they had 2 ranged dps on mine duty.)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 09:03:06 PM by Honorata »
WoW: Keana | Neraati | Honorata | Coriandra | Naian
Discord: Honorata#8760

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
Re: Siegecrafter Blackfuse
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 08:23:49 AM »
Ok, got a chance to do this fight as DPS going to assembly line in 10m.

In 10m, you will have two people alternating going up. (Debuff lasts ~30s.) As far as what to kill goes, I just go by what DBM tells you. As DPS you can set it up to show a bubble that will say something like:

[Crawler Mines] Laser Turret/Crawler Mines

With [Crawler Mines] in yellow. Kill the thing that's in yellow text.

The tube will port you up far-ish back in the first section of the assembly line, but you can jump and run forward to move against the flow of the conveyor belt. (Letting you get a bit closer to where the items come out so you can start DPSing them earlier as melee.)

Personally, I found I needed a DPS cooldown to burst down the items up there. Some are easier to do than others. (Electromagnets have a butt ton of health.) (For any ret pallies doing this without the CD reduction trinket, I used wings on first assembly line, GOAK on my second, wings again on my third, a strength potion on my fourth, and made my decision on fifth and sixth based on what i had to kill. [prefer goak for electromagnet])

At about a 550 gear level getting nicked by one of the lasers won't actually one-shot you, just leave you really low health.

When it's time to get off the assembly line, you can try to jump into the pipe to the side, but if you miss you can die. I've found it's best to jump/run against the flow of the assembly line until the boss basically death grips you down off the assembly line. You'll spend a little less time actively DPSing, but you won't fall to your death either.
WoW: Keana | Neraati | Honorata | Coriandra | Naian
Discord: Honorata#8760