Author Topic: Hearthstone (and battlenet desktop)  (Read 86041 times)

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
Re: Hearthstone (and battlenet desktop)
« Reply #705 on: February 17, 2018, 08:51:59 AM »
This morning I got a warning that "Wildfest is coming to Arena" and that my arena run would be ended "soon" if I didn't finish it. If you have runs you're holding onto you might want to play them out.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #706 on: February 25, 2018, 06:01:41 AM »
https://www.hearthpwn.com/news/4403-all-player-decklists-for-the-2018-hct-sydney-tour

the Sydney HCT deck lists are out and it's exactly as disappointing as I'd thought. Priest Warlock, Mage, Paladin dominate. The other five classes summed up take fewer slots than the lowest of the top 4. I'm hoping Blizzard takes some action soon to deal with this, rather than just letting it ride until the next release throws everything back up in the air.

Compare with the class popularity chart on Hearthpwn's front page, which is much more evenly distributed. I'm not sure why that is - people experimenting? Need to do daily quests?

Cree

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #707 on: February 25, 2018, 10:10:54 AM »
I hope that next "year of the" will have more variety.  Not only do I feel like I see the same half dozen decks, they're not fun to play against.  Kingsbane and the warlock deck in particular feel awful to play against.
Cree (Dr 120) Haikili (Sh 102) Eep (Ma 93) Elisya (Dk 81) Maxine (Pa 85) Urusai (R 90) Gihr (H 83) Nikolievna (Wk 100) Anae (Pr 99) Ressha (Wr 76) Mayu (Mo 37) Adali (DH 112)

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #708 on: February 26, 2018, 05:52:24 AM »
I find the Kingsbane deck hilariously bad. I run Harrison in all my decks now. Warlock demon-summoning weapon, mage card-draw weapon, kingsbane are major targets plus every paladin has multiple weapons - it's only a dead card against priest.

Kingsbane doesn't run a lot of healing (if any) so making him use the weapon and his face to take out minions makes it vulnerable. Once he's used the second minion to draw it again, it's safe to Harrison. Sometimes I do it earlier if I need the card-draw tempo.

I also run double silence in every deck. Figuring out when to play it against warlock is tricky - I only silence the voidlord if that's going to let me get a kill. Otherwise I target the cubes or the demon summoners. Smart warlock players are now using the cubes on charge demons, which can easily generate one-turn-kill combos. I find that if I haven't killed them by Turn 10 it's generally over. It's not easy to draw all the combo pieces, though, so if I can get enough face pressure generated they start getting nervous about tapping.

I hate the priest thing. Turn 3 Lich King, and then two more copies before turn 10? Yeah, F that.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #709 on: February 27, 2018, 08:29:02 PM »
https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/21534739

First big drop of the next Hearthstone year info. Year of the Raven, first set announced next month, meaning likely rolled out in about 5-6 weeks. The expected three sets go to Wild, and three cards from standard go to Hall of Fame (meaning Wild-only). They're also reverting one of the nerfs they made a couple years back, to Molten Giant.

Quests will get easier, so more gold for fewer games, and there will be player-organized (and Blizzard validated) tournaments at some point. Beta for that kicks off sometime in the Raven year. My guess here is that organizers will be able to use an in-game UI to set up tournament rules and invite battletag friends. The HS servers will then validate that participants' decks conform to tourney rules.

New druid hero you can get for just 10 Standard wins, so that's a gimme.

Nothing really exciting at this point, but Brode did say they were taking out Coldlight Oracle because of interactions with battlecries. This makes me guess that they're planning to do something like a minion or spell that lets battlecries trigger multiple times, or possibly a way to trigger a minion's battlecry once that minion is already on the board.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #710 on: March 18, 2018, 04:26:51 PM »
HCT decklists are getting narrower. https://www.hearthpwn.com/news/4463-top-pro-decklists-from-hct-bangkok-2018

Bangkok lists show 8 warlock 8 priest. 7 mage, which surprises me a little. Three of those are the secret mage - I've seen people net-decking that list but not well enough to understand how it should play.

4 rogue and 4 paladin, plus a warrior snuck in somehow. It's slightly surprising that there's no shaman; I've found that in the ranks I play Devolve shaman is effective against big spell decks and not bad against the cubelock variants. Devolving the big demons not only breaks the defense wall but it leaves nothing for resurrection when the DK comes out.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #711 on: March 22, 2018, 05:16:35 AM »
Stuff about next expansion - Year of the Raven - is starting to come out, with card announcements and such.

This week's tavern brawl is in honor of Starcraft anniversary. You pick a class then pick one of three "themes" that aligns with the main races of Starcraft. The cards are the full wild set of HS cards. I picked Mech and won easily - mech has lots of good minions and synergies. I'm hoping to get the quest for winning brawls so I can go try other things. Winning one brawl gets you three packs

Speaking of quests, it's worth saving up your quests if you can. Starting the 26th each completed quest will award a pack from one of the sets that will remain in standard after the rotation: Un'goro, Frozen Throne, K&C

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #712 on: March 27, 2018, 05:53:21 AM »
Complete-a-quest-for-a-random-pack is live as of this morning.

Cree

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #713 on: March 27, 2018, 08:59:07 AM »
I didn't save any quests.  Do only the new quests have packs?
Cree (Dr 120) Haikili (Sh 102) Eep (Ma 93) Elisya (Dk 81) Maxine (Pa 85) Urusai (R 90) Gihr (H 83) Nikolievna (Wk 100) Anae (Pr 99) Ressha (Wr 76) Mayu (Mo 37) Adali (DH 112)

Jenilea

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #714 on: March 27, 2018, 02:48:46 PM »
I didn't save any quests.  Do only the new quests have packs?
Old quest give the packs too. :(
Jenilea - 110 Warlock, Dalae - 110 Monk, Lindi - 100 Priest, Wintergreen - 100 Paladin, Sunrayle - 100 Mage, Moonrayle - 100 Druid, Prasi - 100 Rogue, Valri - 100 Hunter, Zardi - 100 Shaman, Sindi - 100 Warrior, Xalvi - 100 Death Knight

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #715 on: March 28, 2018, 06:02:33 AM »
All quests give packs during this event. Blizzard announced that they were disabling "play a friend" during this time but if you had one of those saved it apparently counts (I didn't have one to test). They may also have disabled "watch a friend" but I haven't seen definitive blue text either way on this.

Cree

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #716 on: March 29, 2018, 07:09:32 AM »
The rules on this week's brawl are annoyingly inconsistent.    If you have a minion that summons another minion, it will be reduced to 1/1, but if it's buffed, then it's ok, unless you're changing it into a minion, and then it's not.    It's quite an annoying brawl.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #717 on: March 29, 2018, 10:24:44 AM »
The rules on this week's brawl are annoyingly inconsistent.    If you have a minion that summons another minion, it will be reduced to 1/1, but if it's buffed, then it's ok, unless you're changing it into a minion, and then it's not.    It's quite an annoying brawl.

Agreed. I got by on my second try with a handbuff paladin deck by swapping out some inconsistent/confusing cards for cards that say "give adjacent minions..." Those appear to work exactly as you'd expect. Standard paladin handbuff cards also appear to work as you'd expect.

ETA: it's worth noting that you can't silence off the 1/1 effect. I had the idea of playing some heavy minions at 1 cost and then silencing them to pop their stats back to 8/8 or whatever. Yeah, not so much. It appears to be a variant on the rogue quest mechanic that forces all minions to be 5/5 regardless.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #718 on: April 10, 2018, 05:05:11 PM »
The next (big) patch is going out today, though witchwood won't launch for another couple days. If you play on mobile you might want to open Hearthstone while on wifi to save your data plan.

Cree

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #719 on: April 11, 2018, 08:09:47 PM »
I don't usually like totally random brawls, but this week's amused me because of random random cards.  Though lore walker cho is not at all random.