Author Topic: Hearthstone (and battlenet desktop)  (Read 61954 times)

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
Re: Hearthstone (and battlenet desktop)
« Reply #675 on: September 26, 2017, 05:18:19 AM »
Entirely possible this will be my worst ranked month in a very long time. Not at all sure what happened, but an 0-8 streak contributed to a long stretch of losing two games for every one I won. I've clawed my way back to something like 20-30 but still very low rank. Big Priest is just a completely fucking annoying deck. I tend to quit immediately against it. Turn 3 Lich King followed by Turn 4 Lich King is just stupid. My bet is that Blizzard will just sit tight and not do anything because Barnes is going to cycle out eventually. Meanwhile it's a cost check - did you buy or make those particular legendaries? If so, you win.

(They could solve the problem by making Barnes not pull a Legendary minion from your deck. That would still leave it quite useful but not stupid OP.)

Jade Druid is still viable against pretty much everything else, including the so-called "druid killer" decks. You can still lose if the other guy gets their death knight out early enough but mostly you don't. I could probably grind up some ranks playing Jade Druid even though I don't have the druid Death Knight.

Midrange decks still exist but they're just not consistent enough winners to be top tier. Speed decks appear to be pretty completely dead, between the new high-quality blockers and the proliferation of low-cost AOEs/cheap-but-quality blockers

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #676 on: September 30, 2017, 01:06:12 PM »
Well, apparently I don't play Jade Druid well. Also the Keleseth decks are the new hotness and I don't own that card either. I played for about a solid hour today just to see if I could get some traction, using a variety of decks and just no. 30-44 is way way below my usual - win 50-53% of the time. I managed to get to 15 by a lucky streak and thank goodness you can't lose stars at that level or I'd be back down to 18 or so.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #677 on: October 06, 2017, 04:10:01 AM »
HCT Summer championship deck types are up and it's both predictable and interesting. http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/3394-all-player-decks-for-the-2017-hct-summer

Expected large dominance of Jade Druid, Razakus (which they call Highlander) Priest, and Keleseth Rogue. I'm surprised at how popular evolve shaman remains with the top players - it has virtually disappeared from ladder, at least in the basements where I play. I'm also surprised at the lack of hard control decks including big priest and control warlock, both of which I thought were much stronger decks. I find I win 3/4 or better of my control warlock vs razakus priest matches.

Time to dig into the deck lists and see what they're doing differently, particularly for Jade...

Cree

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #678 on: October 06, 2017, 08:07:47 AM »
Evolve shaman is still my go to deck.   It's a bit sensitive to the mulligan especially if you're up against a quest deck, but it has some nice power against almost anything.   I can also lose to almost anything.

I haven't been playing that seriously for a long while, but I am causally back into it.   I start my month of with a junk renounce deck just to clear out some of my quests and to level warlock. 

I really want to try the Dead Man's Hand warrior mill deck, but there are too many cards I don't have.   I miss playing mill and actually made classic rogue mill deck for this week's brawl.
Cree (Dr 110) Haikili (Sh 102) Eep (Ma 93) Elisya (Dk 81) Maxine (Pa 85) Urusai (R 90) Gihr (H 83) Nikolievna (Wk 100) Anae (Pr 99) Ressha (Wr 76) Mayu (Mo 36) Adali (DH 110)

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #679 on: October 10, 2017, 06:52:33 AM »
I'm surprised that evolve works for you. Everyone is playing Geist now because Jade and that also torpedoes Evolve. Actually, Geist is a strong advantage against several other decks and I expect to see it in every match-up. If you can get your turn 6 doppler/coin/evolve off then that's usually a win condition but I try to coin/Geist on turn 5 whenever possible.

I've been fiddling around with Control deck style. I don't much like it but midrange has faded badly in the current meta - too slow/weak against the Prince decks and not enough staying power against control/DK decks. I'm still at 20-25 this season but slowly figuring out how to play this style so maybe I'll get back up to my usual ranks.

Cree

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #680 on: October 10, 2017, 07:36:52 AM »
I've not seen many geists, but played right and evolve deck is better than just the evolve.   The variation I play also has a little bit of jade golem action going on and I also have my DK thrall.  Part of it is anticipating if you have to be aggressive (jade druids, any quest decks, mages) or focus on getting enough totems down to get the 0 cost thing from below.   
Cree (Dr 110) Haikili (Sh 102) Eep (Ma 93) Elisya (Dk 81) Maxine (Pa 85) Urusai (R 90) Gihr (H 83) Nikolievna (Wk 100) Anae (Pr 99) Ressha (Wr 76) Mayu (Mo 36) Adali (DH 110)

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #681 on: October 10, 2017, 07:49:04 AM »
OK I can see DK Thrall being workable even if your Evolve spells get killed. I'll have to keep an eye out for that. The DK cards are sufficiently powerful that if you can play them on the first turn they're available, or at least on curve, you tend to win with them. NEED MOAR DUST!