Author Topic: Hearthstone (and battlenet desktop)  (Read 61642 times)

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
Re: Hearthstone (and battlenet desktop)
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2013, 07:43:49 AM »
(I think it's hilarious that the character in Hearthstone I seem to be worst at is Rogue. There are some balance issues which may be part of it, but oh dear does my rogue deck suck.)

More serious question: For a long time WoW has supported "drag-and-drop" install.  Meaning I can just copy my WoW folder onto a stick and play it from whatever PC I have available without needing to install on that machine.

Does anyone know if Hearthstone and the desktop launcher follow that same paradigm?

Cree

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2013, 02:41:03 PM »
I have a paladin arena deck with lots of blessing of mights, blessing of kings and most importantly blessed champion (which doubles a minion's attack.) This is resulted in a number of rounds where I've attacked with 20+ attack minions.  The last game I got to play gruul.  The opponent didn't kill it, so it started my turn as a 9/9, I gave it +4 and then doubled for 26.  The opponent was at 24 health when I did this.   I had no idea a pally deck could do that.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 02:52:46 PM by Cree »
Cree (Dr 110) Haikili (Sh 102) Eep (Ma 93) Elisya (Dk 81) Maxine (Pa 85) Urusai (R 90) Gihr (H 83) Nikolievna (Wk 100) Anae (Pr 99) Ressha (Wr 76) Mayu (Mo 36) Adali (DH 110)

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2013, 02:02:47 PM »
I have a paladin arena deck with lots of blessing of mights, blessing of kings and most importantly blessed champion (which doubles a minion's attack.) This is resulted in a number of rounds where I've attacked with 20+ attack minions.  The last game I got to play gruul.  The opponent didn't kill it, so it started my turn as a 9/9, I gave it +4 and then doubled for 26.  The opponent was at 24 health when I did this.   I had no idea a pally deck could do that.

Holy crap that sounds fun! It seems like Pally is the best at buffing minions so it sticks in arena-they get out of range of most removal pretty quickly, and on the cheap, so you can store up your buffs and dump them all in one turn.
o/\o

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2013, 06:38:21 AM »
My pally deck isn't that uber, but it does OK except it falls to zerg decks and denial decks a lot.

Cree

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2013, 01:17:03 PM »
The patch went in today. Warning if you play ranked. it's kind of demoralizing right now.   Hopefully it will be less so once everyone isn't an angry chicken.
Cree (Dr 110) Haikili (Sh 102) Eep (Ma 93) Elisya (Dk 81) Maxine (Pa 85) Urusai (R 90) Gihr (H 83) Nikolievna (Wk 100) Anae (Pr 99) Ressha (Wr 76) Mayu (Mo 36) Adali (DH 110)

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2013, 07:27:14 AM »
Is there a convenient link to patch notes?  I got a notification saying that one hunter card had changed (and it's a major change - watch all the new hunter zerg decks appear) but I have the feeling more things in game changed than that.

Also I'm kind of sad that I'm no longer an angry chicken.  Or even a leper gnome.  OK, maybe i"m not sad about that. I'd really like some kind of rank system that was separated from my visual representation, though.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2013, 10:15:26 AM »
Patch notes for Blizzard games are generally posted on the game's Battle.net page with a minimum of searching.
o/\o

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2013, 06:27:58 AM »
I thought the hunter change was a nerf. 

Thanks for the link. I'm not sure the change was a nerf so much as a change that blocked a single broken combo.  The card in general wasn't that good outside the one combo.  The change is a vast improvement.

That said, I've been crushed recently by people playing warlock decks with what also seem to be majorly broken cards, one of which lets the warlock summon a 6/6 demon every turn for 2 mana.  Seriously??

I continue to suck at this game.  I haven't kept track of how much I suck at ranked play, but Arenas are easier to track.  I'm 7-12 in Arenas and my sense is that's about how I play in Ranked.

Cree

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2013, 10:05:04 AM »
I thought the hunter change was a nerf. 

Thanks for the link. I'm not sure the change was a nerf so much as a change that blocked a single broken combo.  The card in general wasn't that good outside the one combo.  The change is a vast improvement.

That said, I've been crushed recently by people playing warlock decks with what also seem to be majorly broken cards, one of which lets the warlock summon a 6/6 demon every turn for 2 mana.  Seriously??

I continue to suck at this game.  I haven't kept track of how much I suck at ranked play, but Arenas are easier to track.  I'm 7-12 in Arenas and my sense is that's about how I play in Ranked.

Huh, I've only been jaraxas'd once ever.  I think I was playing something that had sheep/hex/mind control, so the internals didn't bug me much.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2013, 05:28:45 AM »
Yeah if I have unblockable removal in hand when Jaraxxus appears then you can deal with him.  If not, it's GG. He's just way more powerful than other cards of similar rarity/cost.

Actually I was thinking of a different card, the name of which eludes me.  3 mana demon, you play it and it "eats" the two cards to either side of it, gaining their attack/health.  I've died twice to decks that use that.

Currently running 8-16 in arenas.  Sigh.  At least it's a chance to do something different.  I chafe at the 9-decks-max restriction since it prevents me from trying lots of whacky things.  I would love to have my standard X deck (mage, paladin, hunter, etc) and then fool around with other builds for the same character.  I'm leery of dumping my standard X decks because when the quest pops up to win N games I want to just pull out a deck and know how it'll work.

(Of course, this is all because I'm a cheap bastard and don't want to pay cash for Arenas.  So I do quests and play games until I have enough gold for an Arena entry.  Then I go play my 3-4 games there and am done.)

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2013, 10:26:39 AM »
Here's a good coaching series on Arena: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPgqoxaNatw&list=PLDQ9l4dJYWnM0RRvyfGQr-cZ_OXq2CEt7&index=1

It's super long, and I apologize for the heavy British accents.
o/\o

Seniummortus

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2013, 11:21:15 AM »
I got my beta the other day and tried my hand at arena... I ended up winning 1 game going in blind and was 1 turn away from winning 2/3 of my losses when I got ragnaros'd... which I'm going to throw in felt kinda BS, I didn't see raggypoo or any equivalent card in my draft so I felt pretty disadvantaged. That said it seems pretty fun, but there feels like there's too much luck involved in drawing the right card, that could just be me tho.

Cree

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2013, 11:46:30 AM »
I got my beta the other day and tried my hand at arena... I ended up winning 1 game going in blind and was 1 turn away from winning 2/3 of my losses when I got ragnaros'd... which I'm going to throw in felt kinda BS, I didn't see raggypoo or any equivalent card in my draft so I felt pretty disadvantaged. That said it seems pretty fun, but there feels like there's too much luck involved in drawing the right card, that could just be me tho.

The arena picks have some weird rules, like your first and last (and something in the middle) picks will always be epic or legendary, for example.  It is a bit of luck, but you don't ever be completely screwed with common only picks, for example.

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2013, 12:41:12 PM »
The arena picks have some weird rules, like your first and last (and something in the middle) picks will always be epic or legendary, for example.  It is a bit of luck, but you don't ever be completely screwed with common only picks, for example.

In addition to those 3, you have a chance of getting Epic or Legendary picks elsewhere in the draft.
o/\o