Author Topic: Borderlands  (Read 18910 times)

Kharvek

• Adjective Noun Moderator
Re: Borderlands
« Reply #135 on: March 29, 2019, 11:58:31 AM »
Really for me, as long as they adjust the rare gun drop rate to not be as asstastic as it was in BL2?  I'll be happy and largely agree with Tweed.  I don't need this game to blow me away, I want more Borderlands and I've been away from it long enough I'll be happy with just that.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #136 on: April 01, 2019, 10:21:43 AM »
I generally agree that the play and mechanics are fun and I wouldn't like a major change to that. But 2 (iirc, it's been a lot of years) introduced vehicle combat and airborne enemies. The Pre-Sequel introduced another resource to manage and lots of jumping combat.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #137 on: April 01, 2019, 11:40:54 AM »
Borderlands 1 had vehicles.  Airborne enemies might have been new in 2 but they weren't that prevalent; I wouldn't call them a bigger new idea than "gun with legs".

Piralyn

• Boomcop Posse Friend
« Reply #138 on: April 01, 2019, 12:05:22 PM »
Nothing is a bigger new idea than guns with legs.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #139 on: April 04, 2019, 10:55:44 AM »
The game web site is up: https://borderlands.com/en-US/welcome/

Release date is September 13.

There's some brief information about the vault hunters but nothing detailed:
Fearless renegade mercenaries on the wildest interplanetary treasure hunt of all time. FL4K is a wandering robotic tracker whose cold steel heart warms only for their pet beasts. Amara beats bad guys into pancakes with her psychic fists. Moze’s best friend is a 10-ton walking killing machine. And Zane, the semi-retired corporate hitman... well, he’s Zane.

I see a new gun manufacturer, <OV, whose guns all have zany designs.

The only hint of something substantially new is the term "interplanetary treasure hunt".  We know that means a more varied art design for the game zones because we saw some of that in the trailer.  If there were any spaceflight gameplay I suspect we'd have heard about it by now.  Procedurally-generated zones are also a possibility, but I doubt we will see that either.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #140 on: June 09, 2019, 09:31:58 PM »
There's a new Borderlands 2 DLC called Commander Lilith & the Fight for Sanctuary which is supposed to set the stage for Borderlands 3.  It is free until July 8.  I don't know if that means you have to play it by then, or just claim it.

https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2019-06-09-free-now-commander-lilith-dlc/

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #141 on: June 14, 2019, 02:04:27 PM »
I played through the Commander Lilith DLC.  It's comparable in size to the other BL2 campaign DLCs.  The writing is decent Borderlands faire, although it's no Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep.  On normal mode, I found it to be a decent challenge for a level 30 character (ending at level 36).  I assume on TVHM it's tuned for level 60.

There's a new trailer focusing on the vault hunter classes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTnYksXt7Xg .  The same channel has a 10-minute gameplay demo from E3.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 02:19:06 PM by Marco »