Author Topic: Spoils of Pandaria  (Read 1292 times)

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
Spoils of Pandaria
« on: September 26, 2013, 05:14:57 AM »
This fight is mostly about learning how quickly you can handle opening boxes.

Here's how we opened them:
- Panda boxes for buffs
- One large box
- open a few small boxes with large box if you can handle the damage
- all medium boxes with all small boxes (not all at once, but basically chain pull them.)
- leave one large box untouched

If you have lust on each side, use it for the large mogu box.

We found the damage needed was overall higher in the mogu sections, and had some floater DPS dedicated to switching sides and only killing mogu boxes. If you find you want to have a floater dps, you will probably want to dedicate ranged to doing this, since there are a few mobs on the mogu side that are difficult to kill as melee. The mogu side also has to have its boxes opened a little more slowly than the mantid side since mogu boxes can contain urns, which you don't want to have too many of up at one time.

We 6-healed on 25, but it's 2-healable on 10.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 05:21:53 AM by Honorata »
WoW: Keana | Neraati | Honorata | Coriandra | Naian
Discord: Honorata#8760

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
Re: Spoils of Pandaria
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 08:01:40 PM »
My raid team did this on Flex this week when it opened up, and I'm not sure if it was a bug or not, but we had one fewer box than usual in the final Mogu room, and had to open both of the large boxes to fill the bar to open the room. This did not happen in Normal, though, so it may have been a Flex specific thing.
WoW: Keana | Neraati | Honorata | Coriandra | Naian
Discord: Honorata#8760

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 06:27:28 AM »
We are making SLOOW progress on this fight and would appreciate tips.  Some tricks we've tried - open one of the green-marked boxes early, and then the other one.  Supposedly this gives buffs but we haven't figure out how to deal with that. As DPS last night I was able to see that the adds dropped SOMETHING on the floor but I didn't have time to study it.

We've learned not to open more than one big box at a time, but those big-box adds seem to die slowly.

Suggestions and ideas welcome.

HeidiB

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 07:24:07 AM »
I'm not a pro, but we beat this once.

I think the buffs dropped by the green box panda ghosts appear as a glowy orb in a green circle with a weapon through them.  Mousing over the orb activates a grabby hand icon.  Grabby the orb to activate the buff.  It doesn't matter who does this, but it does seem to take more time than a quick click (maybe 1GCD?)  Your healer will know if you grabby the staff, because she or he will start randomly spouting tidal wave effects.

There's supposed to be some sort of Mogu rune buff.  I think it might come with a purple circle, but I didn't figure that out.

On the klaxxi side, the chief danger may be the bombs.  I'm told the bearer of the bombs should run to a place where people aren't (but not necessarily out of healing range) and then run in little circles madly clicking the drop bomb button.  (There's not much of a cooldown on the drop, I hear.)  We had a lot of trouble with healers being stunned by the mistweaver panda's charge on this side; let me know if you discover whether the charge target is determined by distance.

On the Mogu side, you have to train people to stand in the red beams, open boxes so that you never get a boss with a mob that can heal it (?), and dps the urns down.  It was my impression that it's harder for the tank to judge the pace of box opening on the Mogu side because the adds scatter into the room, whereas they mostly stack on the tank on the klaxxi side.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 07:33:28 AM »
We learned this on normal last night.  I think both sides evolved towards:

* Open both green boxes at once.  The adds they create are pretty disruptive but die quickly; the first one may not even really need to be tanked much.  Start opening more boxes when the second one is about to die.  When pandaren bosses die, they leave behind little orbs on the ground; as long as someone runs over and right clicks it, everyone of the relevant specialization should get the buff.

* Open small boxes freely alongside other small boxes and medium/large boxes.  However, in mogu rooms, stop when you get a phylactery and wait until it is killed, as multiple phylacteries can overwhelm the group with sparks.

The major pitfalls we ran into were:

* In the mantid room, if anyone spaced out on the bombs, they died, generally putting that team behind the timer.  (Tip: symbiosis a paladin to get an extra combat res in that person's group.)

* In the mogu room, it's easy to waste a ton of time fighting modified anima golems (from the medium crates) because of the red healing zones they put up.  Tanks need to recognize those and move quickly.  This is also a good reason not to open multiple medium crates at once, and not to open a medium crate when fighting a large.

I never figured out how to recognize the mogu runes of power left by Mogu Shadow Ritualists.  I think they died too fast to put many of them down.  I saw purple orbs lying around occasionally, but when I moved into one it would disappear right away.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 07:38:13 AM by Marco »

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 07:13:48 AM »
Yeah, I suspect our lack of burst DPS is a big issue right now. On 10s we're not able to kill Norushen before the timer expires (7% on our best go, 12% more typically).  I did see the tidal waves happening but had no idea why.  Apparently it was because I clicked the thingy.

We have been unable to cope with the disruptions of having both green boxes open at once. If the adds die faster that might change.  We did figure out "no leave robot in healy poo" and " stand in red beams".

I'm growing to despise this fight.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 03:50:52 PM »
In the Vox Immortalis video for this fight, I found a count of the number of each kind of crate in each room.  There are 18 small crates (giving 1 energy each), 6 medium crates (giving 3 energy each), and two large crates (giving 14 energy each), for a total of 64 potential energy.  Panda crates give no energy, just buffs.  So you can skip one large crates if you open all of the medium and small crates; or, if you open both large crates, you can skip four medium and two small crates or some other combination.

Right now I'm thinking that the best strategy is to use both large crates in the mogu room and open only two of the medium crates, to avoid being slowed down too much by anima golems.  In the mantid room, skipping one of the large crates probably makes more sense, to avoid having to deal with too many of those annoying bomb debuffs.