Author Topic: Dumbest web site complaint ever  (Read 1777 times)

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
Dumbest web site complaint ever
« on: May 14, 2013, 09:14:19 AM »
For no reason I can articulate, I decide to update my profile with my newest toon, Yungi: male pandaren monk. However, the pandaren race and the monk class aren't available on the WoW character profile page.

Is there any fix for this? Or are pandarens and monks forced to live in well-deserved obscurity?
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
Re: Dumbest web site complaint ever
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 09:39:15 AM »
For no reason I can articulate, I decide to update my profile with my newest toon, Yungi: male pandaren monk. However, the pandaren race and the monk class aren't available on the WoW character profile page.

Is there any fix for this? Or are pandarens and monks forced to live in well-deserved obscurity?

The mod for race/class combos has not been updated for several years. Goblins and worgens are also not available.
o/\o

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 06:48:43 AM »
In the most recent update the shortcut at the footer of the page that would let you navigate laterally from a post to any other forum has disappeared. Is that gone forever or retrievable?

Thanamira

• Bunny Champion
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 08:49:55 AM »
In the most recent update the shortcut at the footer of the page that would let you navigate laterally from a post to any other forum has disappeared. Is that gone forever or retrievable?

That's odd; I still see the <<previous  next>> links -- is that what you mean, or something else?
Thanamira (110 arcane maga), Reonna (110 prot warrior), Gaillardia (100 eventual resto druid)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 09:14:58 AM »
I see a "jump to" menu which lets me select a forum to go to, which is probably what Snique was talking about, but which is also still present for me.

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 11:28:53 AM »
Yes, do you mean "Jump to" or "previous next?" I see both-and I haven't updated the theme in a long while.
o/\o

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 11:31:33 AM »
Also, the latest update to the forum software was back in September. I haven't changed anything since!
o/\o

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 06:09:39 AM »
Also, the latest update to the forum software was back in September. I haven't changed anything since!

DOH, this one's my bad (told you it was a dumb question).  I started using ScriptBlock and forgot to turn it off for this domain.  Nothing to see here, move along.

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 07:45:01 AM »
I applaud your safe surfing. ScriptBlock is pretty good, but I still can't seem to make Wired.com work through it, and those CondeNast sites are CondeNasty with scripts.
o/\o

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2016, 11:36:01 AM »
I applaud your safe surfing. ScriptBlock is pretty good, but I still can't seem to make Wired.com work through it, and those CondeNast sites are CondeNasty with scripts.

As it happens, WIRED.com was the impetus for my installing ScriptBlock. I found their slam-the-door-in-your-face approach so offensive I never wanted to see it again. I haven't been back since I installed it; maybe I'll try and see.