Author Topic: WoW is dying!  (Read 5025 times)

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
Re: WoW is dying!
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2016, 06:42:40 AM »
What?

I'm beginning to think that the hunter devs have no imagination.

I guess you're Marks and don't find Windburst impressive? Having a second pet in BM and a channeled cleave in Survival seems neat!
o/\o

HeidiB

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2016, 12:22:40 PM »
What?

I'm beginning to think that the hunter devs have no imagination.

I guess you're Marks and don't find Windburst impressive? Having a second pet in BM and a channeled cleave in Survival seems neat!
Got it in one!  I don't consider a high dps ability with a long cast time and a cooldown to be particularly innovative.  :)

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2016, 12:43:21 PM »
Got it in one!  I don't consider a high dps ability with a long cast time and a cooldown to be particularly innovative.  :)

Oh, sure, it's not innovative. It's high DPE, which feels meaningful sometimes, but it's not going to change your gameplay. Maybe it's cooler in raids where you can use it to help a bunch of folks to run out of Something Bad!
o/\o

Tweed

• Three Rivers Member
  • Cupcakes Member
  • Energy. Power. My people are addicted to it.
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2016, 06:42:09 AM »
Don't know if this falls under the rubric of "WoW is dying!", and I'm also sure everyone has seen it by this point, but Chris Metzen is retiring at the ripe old age of 42. The Internet has taken this news with its usual introspection and nuance, with opinions ranging everywhere from, "Man this guy was transformative of my early gaming life and I will miss him" to "He's no better than George Lucas and has almost killed the franchise several times with his awful storytelling" to "He is a literal hack who stole all his ideas from Warhammer so good riddance I'm sure Blizz can find someone better than him to tell its stories."

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2016, 06:48:40 AM »
I hope they get a Thrall VO replacement who doesn't say "shay-men." He was the only one who said it that way!
o/\o

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2016, 08:27:02 AM »
I hope they get a Thrall VO replacement who doesn't say "shay-men." He was the only one who said it that way!
Unless you used to watch Olivia Grace (Legendary or wowhead weekly) before she got hired by Blizzard.  (And then recently by Curse, but she still isn't doing video content.)

Anyway, Thrall will probably continue to be voiced by Chris Metzen: https://twitter.com/ChrisMetzen/status/775564770996912128

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2016, 09:39:51 AM »
I'm sorry, I typed too fast. I was talking about the Shaman intro scenario in Legion, where lots of Earthen Ring folks are saying "shaman" like "shah-men".
o/\o

HeidiB

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2016, 01:51:56 PM »
Don't know if this falls under the rubric of "WoW is dying!", and I'm also sure everyone has seen it by this point, but Chris Metzen is retiring at the ripe old age of 42. The Internet has taken this news with its usual introspection and nuance, with opinions ranging everywhere from, "Man this guy was transformative of my early gaming life and I will miss him" to "He's no better than George Lucas and has almost killed the franchise several times with his awful storytelling" to "He is a literal hack who stole all his ideas from Warhammer so good riddance I'm sure Blizz can find someone better than him to tell its stories."
Is he responsible for the Khadgar plotline?  I should throw a party.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2017, 08:16:06 PM »
Blizzard posted a photo of the WoW dev team, which makes it possible to count how many people are in it.  My back-of-the-envelope guess is about 140 (ten rows of 15, minus ten-ish people for the statue).