Author Topic: 5.3.x stuff  (Read 6363 times)

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
Re: 5.3.x stuff
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2013, 05:44:16 AM »
There is an achievement you can track to see how far along you are,

Except it's broken right now. I put in a bug report about it after one of the various Tuesday fixes rolled out and it stopped working.

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2013, 07:14:42 AM »
Looks like it's working on the battle.net website, and it looks like I only have 250 to go! Thanks, Bleu.
o/\o

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2013, 12:02:49 PM »
Some interesting stuff in the latest patch notes update:
* Experience needed to increase from level 85 to level 90 has been reduced by 33%.
* Reduced the number of Lesser Charms of Good Fortune needed for the Mogu Runes of Fate weekly quest to 50, down from 90.
* Players no longer need to have defeated Grand Empress Shek'zeer to enter the Terrace of Endless Spring in Normal difficulty.
* Shado-Pan Assault belts now require Friendly reputation to purchase, down from Revered.
* Shado-Pan Assault chest pieces now require Honored reputation to purchase, down from Revered.
I think this is the first time that leveling XP has been nerfed during an expansion cycle for the current expansion.

Also, if you missed it, the first daily heroic scenario and the challenge-mode daily will award a box with a chance to contain a 516 epic item.  Both of these are also really fast ways to get valor points if you don't get stuck finishing, but they will both require preformed groups (three people for heroic scenarios and five for challenge modes).

We're at a point where we can make guesses about the 5.3 release date.  I saw a statement somewhere (not sure if it was a GC tweet or a blue post) that they want to give enough warning that people can bank valor for upgrades; that would be three weeks' notice.  ATwo months from the release of patch 5.2 will be May 7, which is two weeks from tomorrow.  So I expect 5.3 to come out on May 14... maybe May 7 if they decide that two weeks is enough time to bank valor.  Either way, we should expect a notice soon.

Grace

• Adjective Noun Member
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2013, 12:27:50 PM »
The XP reduction gives me hope that my alts will actually get leveled and my fervor in the game will be renewed.
/highfive

"My hard exterior masks a soft, nougat-y center."
- Tinkerballa, The Guild

Razov

• MKFL
  • Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2013, 10:24:05 AM »
Does anyone have any ideas when 5.3 is going to be released or is that sorta still up in the air right now.
Because he thought it was good sport. Because some gnomes aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some gnomes just want to watch the world burn.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2013, 01:50:15 PM »
We don't know.  It's not tomorrow.  Greg Street has tweeted a couple of times that they want to give enough warning for people to make decisions about valor, but I don't know how much warning we'll really get.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2013, 06:45:00 AM »
There was a rumor floating around LFR last night that in 5.3 they're finally going to fix the bug whereby people who have released/are in loading don't get resurrections properly.  Apparently this was in some tweet or other that I can't be arsed to chase down. Be nice if it happened.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2013, 06:58:09 AM »
The bug is that mass rez only works on released people if they're in your 5-man group.  You can work around this if you know about it, but it's pretty non-obvious.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2013, 05:23:37 PM »
Blizzard just announced that 5.3 will be released on the 21st.  That's not nearly enough notice to make intelligent decisions about valor, unfortunately; I'm glad I hedged my bets.

You'll want to bank as much valor as possible going into 5.3, because 4 item levels per 250 valor is a really good deal.

ETA: Also, if you're bored of all of the current ways of earning valor, remember that you'll be able to grab two other people and run a heroic scenario.  They award a great deal of valor, I think 120-150 for the first one of the day, plus a chance at a 516 epic.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/260949-preparing-for-patch-53-escalation/
https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/335560422767882240
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 06:15:51 PM by Marco »

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2013, 10:19:30 AM »
"Items upgraded with Valor will now cost 250 Valor Points to upgrade per 4 Item Levels, for a total of 500 Valor for 8 Item Levels per item. This applies retroactively to all items that can be upgraded using Valor."

So I will be receiving valor points as well? What if this were to push me over the cap?

EDIT: Also, say Edalia is 70% of the way from 85 to 86. Will she be level 86 after the xp needed for 86 is reduced, will she still be 70% of the way (a reduction in total xp), or something in between?

Answer: Edalia will be 1 xp from 86. Found it here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8796451030
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 10:24:55 AM by Edalia »
o/\o

Kharvek

• Adjective Noun Moderator
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2013, 10:39:57 AM »
I didn't take that to mean I got valor for stuff I spent it on, but things like T14 gear is now open to be upgraded again too.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2013, 12:22:07 PM »
There's no way they are handing out 1000 VP per 2/2 upgraded item to people who upgraded in the past.  They just mean the cost change applies to upgrading T14 items (in the future) as well as T15 items.

Aviel

• Feral Cat Mistress
  • Three Rivers Member
  • Master of the Kitty-Fu
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2013, 06:54:50 AM »
Slow patching is slow

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2013, 10:14:33 AM »
We've been told to expect a possible display issue related to pet collections and not to panic:
We are currently aware of an issue in which upon logging into the game, it may appear that some pets are missing. A fix has been applied to address this issue, though it may take a few hours before pets appear on the pet list again properly.
Nothing is actually missing. It's just won't show up on the list right away. They're still there and will show up on the listing before too long.
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/261115-known-pet-license-issue/

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2013, 06:14:16 AM »
I guess I'll put this here; mods can split if they see a need.

I was confused about the new things, though I had read a couple guides.  Here's what I've learned so far:

Most of the time (did not work for all my alts) when you enter the Valley you get an automatic quest to talk to Lorewalker Cho.  Even if not, you get an in-game mail from him asking you to visit.

From him you get a quest chain, which first takes you through two of the new scenarios, then sends you to Durotar and the Barrens.  Apparently there is some PvP aspect to this that I missed; I went through completely as PvE and saw Horde characters that were not hostile.  Nothing I have done so far flagged me. Several of the level 90 mobs I killed while doing this dropped lesser coins.

As with many things you do the quest once and that opens it up as a daily (weekly in this case) that appears to give 150 VP. Despite the VP reward it appears that any character 85 or above can get this; I'm guessing lower-level characters get XP instead?

The quest scenario boxes contained the usual assortment of junk as well as JP badges (that I couldn't loot because I'm JP capped).  I have no idea what to do with the excess JP so I may just junk these.

I also noticed a change in LFR, in that some of the trash mobs now award VP.  I did one LFR (part 4 of ToT) and two of the big trash mobs each awarded 10 VP on kill.  My guess is that this is a consolation prize for people whose LFRs can't finish the instance.  The full instance also appears still to give 90 VP for a total of 110.

People whose characters were between levels 85-89 reported that with the XP squish they were bumped up to 1 XP below leveling so the first kill leveled them but they did not get any "free" levels.