Author Topic: 5.2 healing trinkets  (Read 2003 times)

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
5.2 healing trinkets
« on: March 06, 2013, 04:20:52 AM »
Yo, can we talk about 5.2 healing trinkets and what they are and aren't an upgrade over from T14? Because I am hella confused.

Blue post detailing the RPPM information on all the raid-drop trinkets, which mostly use a RPPM system.

T15 healing trinkets
Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault (1750 Valor; passive int, mana on-use)
Horridon's Last Gasp (Horridon; passive int, procs mana)
Inscribed Bag of Hydra-Spawn (Megaera; passive spirit, procs absorb shields)
Stolen Relic of Zuldazar (Primordius; passive spirit, procs charges that can be used to fuel an absorb shield) <-- this sounds fiddly
Lightning-Imbued Chalice (Lei Shen; passive int, procs a smart heal)
WoW: Keana | Neraati | Honorata | Coriandra | Naian
Discord: Honorata#8760

jsoh

• Three Rivers Member
Re: 5.2 healing trinkets
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 12:57:03 PM »
askMrRobot did a blog post about how they valued trinkets - I dont have the link handy, but shouldnt be hard to find.

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 01:44:29 PM »
How Mr. Robot Handles Trinkets seems to be what you were pointing me to. It was very helpful.

jsoh

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 02:47:16 PM »
That'd be the one.

I'll probably try to gin up some fake math (or find the fake math on the internets) in re: the trinkets this weekend.

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 10:43:53 PM »

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 02:17:24 AM »
Overall, what I'm seeing is that if you have:
-Heroic Qin-xi's Polarizing Seal
-Heroic Spirits of the Sun
- Normal Qin-xi's Polarizing Seal upgraded twice
-Normal Spirits of the Sun upgraded twice
those trinkets are very close to the trinkets from this tier or possibly even better, depending on class/spec.

Overall, right now it looks like:
- the VP trinket from Shado-Pan Assault
- Horridon's Last Gasp (normal and heroics) <-- this is better for classes that have high haste values
are both possible upgrades over normal mode & LFR trinkets from the previous tier for all specs, and may be better than heroic trinkets fom last tier depending on class/spec.

AskMrRobot is valuing most of the rest of the healing trinkets from normal & heroic T15 somewhere around heroic dungeon trinket levels. They are pretty bad.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 02:32:44 AM by Honorata »

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 02:36:56 AM »
Updates to trinkets:
Protections for unlucky streaks have been added for trinkets that use the RPPM (real procs per minute) system.
-Activation chance for trinket effects on a pull has been increased.
-Every time the trinket fails to activate, there's an increasing chance that it will activate.
-Increased the activation chance for agility and strength trinkets from Throne of Thunder by 10%.
-Increased the activation chance for intellect and spirit trinkets from Throne of Thunder by 5%.

I'm hearing Horridon's Last Gasp is pretty good now? I don't know, I haven't gotten my hands on one to try it out yet.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 05:20:53 AM »
Is there a good way to estimate how much spirit gives how much mana?  In particular, Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault is 29,805 mana per 3 minutes.  How much SPI would I need to generate that much mana in 3 minutes?

29.8k is a shade under one mana potion so having this trinket is more or less like having a second potion cooldown and given that boss fights are generally >3 minutes it's actually more like 2 more potion cooldowns when healing.

Of course it's not that straightforward to math out since I'm not replacing a pure spirit trinket; I'd be replacing Spirits of the Sun (chance to proc 6,121 SPI for 20 sec).

jsoh

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 06:21:29 AM »
From here: http://joeego.wordpress.com/2012/07/20/theorycraft-paladins-options/

Combat Mp5 = Total Mana *0.02 + (1.1287 *Spirit* Holy Insight%)

Replace "Holy Insight%" with 0.5 if you're not using the Glyph of Illumination. Which you probably arent.

Making the (simplistic) assumption that the VP trinket will be used on CD, and the fight is a multiple of 3 minutes:

30k mana/180s ~= 167mps ~= 833mp5.

833 mp5 = 1.1287*0.5 * Spirit

Spirit ~= 1476

Spirits of the Sun (normal version, non upgraded) averages to ~1256 spirit, per wowhead comments.

The relative value of the VP trinket (expressed as +spirit) varies significantly more than Spirits of the Sun as the effective ICD is way higher (180s vs 45), as there are going to be less activations over a given period of time.