Author Topic: Ta'yak targeting  (Read 814 times)

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
Ta'yak targeting
« on: March 05, 2013, 07:39:19 AM »
Does anyone know for certain how Ta'yak picks his targets for tornadoes and wind step?  He appears to target only people at range, but there has to be code for other target selection or it would be trivial to just stack on him and avoid those mechanics.

We've been trying him with 4 ranged and 2 healers, which has made keeping the 8-yard buffer harder than we'd like.  We've tried putting a healer or ranged in with melee and it appears (small sample size caveat) that he does target that ranged or healer.  Except I can't tell if he does it because of that person's class or role or because the player got sloppy and stepped slightly out of melee range.

We did it once with a monk healer and Ta'yak never targeted that person, but again RNG and small sample size.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
Re: Ta'yak targeting
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 08:02:01 AM »
I don't know for sure.  But Mistweavers are at least sometimes counted as a melee spec when a boss favors ranged/healer specs for an attack, presumably because their DPS healing style relies on melee attacks.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 08:43:12 AM by Marco »

HeidiB

• Cupcakes Member
Re: Ta'yak targeting
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 08:05:33 AM »
I don't know for sure.  But Mistweavers are at least sometimes counted as a melee spec when a boss favors ranged/healers for an attack, presumably because their DPS healing style relies on melee attacks.
Yes.  We've been killing this bug for a while and I'm not sure I've ever been targeted with wind step.  I also don't think I've ever had the debuff that makes you leave a trail of burny pools on the floor, from either Un'sok or Windlord.  Apparently I'm doing this xpack in ezmode.

Jinsu Mistweaver