Author Topic: crafting mats: where to farm?  (Read 1012 times)

Thanamira

• Bunny Champion
crafting mats: where to farm?
« on: February 05, 2013, 04:21:52 AM »
I may level up my hunter just by farming for crafting mats.  Oof.  :)  It's the Fine Ingredients I'm short on:
* bone chip
* vial of weak blood
* tiny {totem, venom sac, claw, scale}

Any recommendations on where to go?

For green wood, I found that Metrica Province was a good area: a loop around Akk Wilds, Artegon Woods, and Desider Atum got me a lot of lumber, plus a fair bit of copper.  Also, near the south, there's the floating potato farm.

Fortunately, hunters seem to be death-dealing machines, so hey, maybe it's not so bad.  And I have all these XP boosters, hmm.

And in the highly unlikely case that someone isn't using their crafting mats (because crafting is worth a *lot* of xp), the shiny new guild bank should be online very soon, so you can throw them in there.  :)
Thanamira (110 arcane maga), Reonna (110 prot warrior), Gaillardia (100 eventual resto druid)

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
Re: crafting mats: where to farm?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 04:40:53 AM »
Oh that reminds me, we compiled a list of all the various farms for cooking mats at one point. I should go find that and post it here. We might have info about other things as well. *goes to peer at the Diss forums*

I shall return!

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 05:02:14 AM »
OK that's done. Anyway...what was the original...oh right crafting bits.  Skrit caves/ Bandit caves are often great for the small crafting bits.

I found this: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/57320-master-list-of-crafting-materials-farms/

Which isn't even close to complete but it's something. Also just as a random tip in case anyone didn't know, holding down control will highlight gathering nodes. (sometimes useful)

Thanamira

• Bunny Champion
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 03:37:09 AM »
Note to self: Artegon Woods loop today got me:

2 cinnamon
4 onion
13 potatoes
1 mushroom

2 jute

32 copper
4 gems

38 wood

3 dust
4 tiny totem

plus a bunch of blues/whites that I haven't shredded yet for parts.

It's the 32 cu/38 wood that was the main focus, but the others are a pretty nice side-benefit.  :)
Thanamira (110 arcane maga), Reonna (110 prot warrior), Gaillardia (100 eventual resto druid)