Author Topic: Questions from noobs  (Read 4012 times)

Vylin

• Mains Are For Casuals
  • Cupcakes Member
Re: Questions from noobs
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2013, 09:47:06 AM »
Lesse...

* I haven't done any pvp.  I have not heard that I've missed cookies because of such.

Just to hit this topic...you won't miss anything by not participating in GW2's PvP. It exist in its own sphere, and nothing you do in either the proper game or the sPvP game affect each other. The exception is dye unlocks from reward bags, but those aren't exclusive to either realm.
SWTOR Characters: Republic - Zerana, Hedrak, Joanna, Delmond; Empire - Destro, Entropi, Pennance, Purgatori

AdmiralShardy

• Ahoy!
  • Cupcakes Member
    • Twitter Account
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2013, 06:39:05 AM »
As a note for Winston, 4/5 of my characters are female and all of Falafal's are, and we've encountered 0 abuse over the matter.  'Course, we both have general chat turned off and we don't PUG dungeons, but out in the world doing events nobody particularly cares what virtual bits your avatar has.  It helps that for everybody but human/norn/sylvari female cloth users, there's always a choice whether to wear modest gear or not (and with a bit of work and transmutation stones you can wear classy cloth armour once you're over level 10, but I just made a male elementalist), and the two very-much-not-human races do not have the usual exaggerated secondary sex characteristics.

In fact, the models on asura and charr don't have pronounced mammaries at all.  When asked about the lack of cleavage on female charr (the kittycat race), their designer declared that in her mind the only choice was, "Six or none!"  This made me giggle.
Admiral Shardrell, Retired Nelfy Pirate
Julia Cappo, Active Guild Wars 2 Pirate.  I like pirates.
Twitter: @BeckyCFreelance

Thanamira

• Bunny Champion
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2013, 06:43:38 PM »
Okay, wow, there is one jumpy puzzle that is bugnuts hard.  That said, I managed to do it, but holy crap was it involved.  (Ascalon ghost wall, for the rest of you.)

It got a ton easier when I realized I could run past a zillion mobs that respawn crazy fast but can't follow you across jumps.
Thanamira (110 arcane maga), Reonna (110 prot warrior), Gaillardia (100 eventual resto druid)

AdmiralShardy

• Ahoy!
  • Cupcakes Member
    • Twitter Account
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2013, 03:30:39 PM »
Okay, wow, there is one jumpy puzzle that is bugnuts hard.  That said, I managed to do it, but holy crap was it involved.  (Ascalon ghost wall, for the rest of you.)

It got a ton easier when I realized I could run past a zillion mobs that respawn crazy fast but can't follow you across jumps.

The Great Wall is tough-ish on your first go-through, but isn't too bad overall.  Try some of the asura lab-type puzzles if you really want to scream in agony.  :)

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2013, 07:32:19 AM »
The sky puzzle in Metrica is one of my absolute favorites, it's long and it's tough but SO COOL

AdmiralShardy

• Ahoy!
  • Cupcakes Member
    • Twitter Account
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2013, 10:48:20 PM »
The sky puzzle in Metrica is one of my absolute favorites, it's long and it's tough but SO COOL

Yeah, that's one of the ones I was thinking of when I thought of the trickier ones.  At least it has "bookmarks" of a sort, though it took me forEVer to figure out the wind part.

Thanamira

• Bunny Champion
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2013, 09:06:29 AM »

Is this in southeast Metrica?  I remember seeing one and thinking "durr?", but then didn't do my usual thing of googling it.  (Ascalon Wall, I figured out by myself.  Others, I'm like, f it, what?!?  :)  )
Thanamira (110 arcane maga), Reonna (110 prot warrior), Gaillardia (100 eventual resto druid)

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2013, 09:33:18 AM »
It's actually northeastish Metrica (I think...maybe I'm imagining the map wrong) , the puzzle is Goemm's lab.

The entrance is a rock cut between Cuatl Waypoint and the skill challenge to the south. Go south from waypoint and follow the rock formation on your left. About halfway to the skill challenge, you'll find a path partially obscured by greenery. The path to the entrance platform has two floating jump stairs and 3 sets of horizontal platform jumps; the last featuring small platforms and long jumps (and a fall that will likely kill the character). At the end you are on the entrance platform with a portal that will bring you to the jumping puzzle. Note that there is a chest you can open to the right of the portal.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 09:35:57 AM by Wren »

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2013, 09:33:56 AM »