Author Topic: Pet Battles Have Eaten My Brain  (Read 74277 times)

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
Re: Pet Battles Have Eaten My Brain
« Reply #555 on: January 01, 2018, 03:24:03 PM »
 Now that we found a time that works for everybody, I would like, if possible, to change it to 11 AM instead of 4 PM. I have a game party to go to that afternoon, and 11 AM is more convenient for me. On the other hand, Iím willing to abide by the time I proposed.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Jenilea

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #556 on: January 01, 2018, 07:42:07 PM »
Unfortunately, I cannot make 11AM. My daughter has a soccer game at noon and I will be out of the house from 11AM to about 1:30PM. I could do any time from 2PM onwards.
Jenilea - 110 Warlock, Dalae - 110 Monk, Lindi - 100 Priest, Wintergreen - 100 Paladin, Sunrayle - 100 Mage, Moonrayle - 100 Druid, Prasi - 100 Rogue, Valri - 100 Hunter, Zardi - 100 Shaman, Sindi - 100 Warrior, Xalvi - 100 Death Knight

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #557 on: January 02, 2018, 06:56:19 AM »
Being a mom trumps board-game party every time! Let's stick with 4PM (unless Snique can't make it then). I'll tell my gamer friends they'll have to play the first round of Terraforming Mars without me; I never win that game anyway.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #558 on: January 02, 2018, 09:41:06 AM »
Confirming that Shurten is available to heal for this on Saturday at 4PM and likely earlier if need be. I've even had experience chasing... err, healing Ghoselle before.

Shurten is not exactly raid-geared, but I do M10 each week with little trouble (*) so I imagine this'll be a cakewalk.

(*) OK, little trouble assuming people are even vaguely competent. Let me tell you about the upper Kara 10 where people stood in fire a lot and didn't know the opera mechanics and the tank got frustrated and quit so the key holder decided to rail at me about how terrible a healer I was. Then I did an M+11 with an actually competent crew and only two DPS deaths because the mage didn't move when the volcanoes popped under his feet because yeah.

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #559 on: January 02, 2018, 11:27:51 AM »
Hopefully you won't have to chase Ghoselle this time, since as you pointed out the timers are pretty generous and there's no need for her to rush. But if you're looking for someone who keeps standing in stuff and is slow on the mechanics, you need look no further than good ol' Yungi.

What may help is all of us getting on voice chat so we can coordinate interrupts, etc. What's the voice-chat program du jour and corresponding login information?
Bill Seligman

HeidiB

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #560 on: January 02, 2018, 11:34:53 AM »
Hopefully you won't have to chase Ghoselle this time, since as you pointed out the timers are pretty generous and there's no need for her to rush.
Ahahahahahaha!

ghoselle

• Three Rivers Moderator
    • Three Rivers
« Reply #561 on: January 03, 2018, 07:15:37 AM »
Hopefully you won't have to chase Ghoselle this time, since as you pointed out the timers are pretty generous and there's no need for her to rush.
Ahahahahahaha!

I probably won't wear my run "raid-speed" gearset...

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #562 on: January 05, 2018, 06:17:47 AM »
I have a feeling that everyone else on tomorrow's Poor Unfortunate Soul team knows more about these instances than I do. Please excuse me for being a nervous Nellie:

I suggest we rendezvous at Valarjar 53,44. We can queue up for Heroic Black Rook Hold, quit the instance at the end, then immediately walk into Mythic Maw of Souls after resetting the difficulty.

I'll have the potions and food I need for Yungi. If anyone would like me to pick up some consumables for them, please let me know.
Bill Seligman

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #563 on: January 05, 2018, 01:26:01 PM »
If you want to make it a bit safer you clear up the to the first boss in the mythic before going to do Black Rook Hold
Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 110),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 110)

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #564 on: January 06, 2018, 08:32:44 PM »
For all those who weren't there: The Poor Unfortunately Souls run was slick and smooth. The achievement timers allowed for an hour total, and we completed it in thirty minutes. My thanks again (in print) to Ghoselle, Andius, Snique, and Jenilea.
Bill Seligman

ghoselle

• Three Rivers Moderator
    • Three Rivers
« Reply #565 on: January 07, 2018, 08:05:03 AM »
For all those who weren't there: The Poor Unfortunately Souls run was slick and smooth. The achievement timers allowed for an hour total, and we completed it in thirty minutes. My thanks again (in print) to Ghoselle, Andius, Snique, and Jenilea.

I'd like to thank Winston for organizing this, and for doing all the research in to everything about this achievement.  He did the preparation so that if it'd been much harder we'd still have had a good chance of success.

And my offer still stands, that if there are people who want this pet, I'm willing to tank this again.

What we did:
gathered at Maw of Souls
cleared the trash in mythic maw of souls up to the first boss
exited the instance
group queued for heroic black rook hold
in the first room, click on the blue candle/brazier   (This starts the timer)
completed heroic BRH
left instance group, which put us back at the Maw of Souls entrance
cleared mythic maw of souls
checked mailbox and got pet

This gave us lots of time for every step.  We could have skipped the trash clear for maw, but there is no reason to do so.  Each boss you kill in Maw resets the timer.  The timer is relatively generous at current gear levels.  Folks world quest geared should have no problems with it.

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #566 on: January 14, 2018, 10:02:56 AM »
A bit of an update on my insanity:

I've discovered that Andius' and Honorata's advice on PvP grinding for the pets is accurate. When I tried the Warden's Towers quests on my Prot Warrior about a year ago, they were tedious and I couldn't bring down the boss. Now, with gear improvements from insta-completing the 500-honor PvP quests, the Prot Warrior can solo them trivially. I still group up with WQGF to make the process quicker.

For the 500-honor PvP quests I still use the 18-hour insta-complete, except for Black Rook Hold. With that one, I just group up and tell my party to kill me. I get progress in completing the quest from my own death. It's quick, and I can save the insta-complete for the next instance of the 500-honor quest.

One more Darkbrul Arena, and I'll have the Prestigious War Mount (which requires 20 completions of each of the 500-honor world quests). Not bad for someone who hates PvP.

Andius gave a great tip on completing the Master Paku encounter in the Brawler's Guild on my Warlock: Use a target macro ("/tar Master Pak" since I don't know if it's spelled with one or two "k"s) to lock onto him. I haven't had a chance try it yet, since I need to have a lot of patience stored up to venture into the Brawler's Guild. (250 Brawler's Gold for a cemetery doesn't hurt either.)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 10:33:27 AM by Winston »
Bill Seligman

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #567 on: January 14, 2018, 11:10:37 AM »
Remember you can walk instead of running around the maze, by using the run/walk key :D
Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 110),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 110)

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #568 on: January 14, 2018, 01:28:40 PM »
That's what I do. It's still tricky for me to do without hitting the maze's edge. As I've said before: Take look at the Wikipedia article on "clumsy". You'll see a picture of me there.

(Actually, you'll see a picture of Fergie. So much for comic exaggeration.)
Bill Seligman

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #569 on: January 15, 2018, 08:36:35 AM »
Minor discovery: If you go to the Black Rook Hold PvP area, and there's no one else there, the game will start throwing NPCs at you. They're easy to defeat and count towards quest completion.
Bill Seligman