Author Topic: Pet Battles Have Eaten My Brain  (Read 72019 times)

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
Re: Pet Battles Have Eaten My Brain
« Reply #495 on: August 01, 2017, 09:02:44 AM »
I do run PetTracker, which is good for telling me at a zone level but not where things are. It also doesn't decorate the map, except for the standard trainers.

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #496 on: August 01, 2017, 03:44:28 PM »
There's a mod that helps you keep track of pet achievements, along with annotations when you mouse over pet tamers:

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/worldquest-tips-timers

The mod has been abandoned. If you go to the comments on the web page, you'll find an lua patch that will remove most (but not all) of the problems.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #497 on: August 01, 2017, 07:54:15 PM »
Pet Battles
Anomalous Animals of Argus (New) Defeat the following corrupted pets on Argus. 10 points. Account Wide.
Aquatic Assault (New) Defeat the corrupted pets of Argus with all Aquatic pets. 5 points. Account Wide.
Beast Blitz (New) Defeat the corrupted pets of Argus with all Beast pets. 5 points. Account Wide.
Critical Critters (New) Defeat the corrupted pets of Argus with all Critter pets. 5 points. Account Wide.
Draconic Destruction (New) Defeat the corrupted pets of Argus with all Dragonkin pets. 5 points. Account Wide.
Elemental Escalation (New) Defeat the corrupted pets of Argus with all Elemental pets. 5 points. Account Wide.
Family Fighter (New) Complete the following achievements. Reward: Felclaw Marsuul. 10 points. Account Wide.
Fierce Fliers (New) Defeat the corrupted pets of Argus with all Flying pets. 5 points. Account Wide.
Humanoid Havoc (New) Defeat the corrupted pets of Argus with all Humanoid pets. 5 points. Account Wide.
Magical Mayhem (New) Defeat the corrupted pets of Argus with all Magic pets. 5 points. Account Wide.
Mechanical Melee (New) Defeat the corrupted pets of Argus with all Mechanical pets. 5 points. Account Wide.
Unstoppable Undead (New) Defeat the corrupted pets of Argus with all Undead pets. 5 points. Account Wide.

A Family Familiar style thing on Argus gives a Felclaw Marsuul, plus there is some new wild pets around Argus
Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 110),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 110)

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #498 on: August 02, 2017, 10:48:13 AM »
New mount and pet bundle in the shop Twilight and Luminous Starseeker

This special bundle includes Twilight, a cuddly chromatic in-game pet, and the Luminous Starseeker, a brilliant hue-shifting in-game mount. Make two new additions to your collection with this radiant new mount and captivatingly colorful little kitten-- at a discount!

Cost is $30

Edit: You can each separately ($25.00 for the mount and $10.00 for the battle pet) or you can buy the bundle which includes both for $30.00.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 12:45:58 PM by **andius »
Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 110),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 110)

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #499 on: August 03, 2017, 08:05:45 AM »
New mount and pet bundle in the shop Twilight and Luminous Starseeker

This special bundle includes Twilight, a cuddly chromatic in-game pet, and the Luminous Starseeker, a brilliant hue-shifting in-game mount. Make two new additions to your collection with this radiant new mount and captivatingly colorful little kitten-- at a discount!

Cost is $30

Edit: You can each separately ($25.00 for the mount and $10.00 for the battle pet) or you can buy the bundle which includes both for $30.00.

Wowhead are doing a Twilight and Luminous Starseeker Bundle Giveaway! right now

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #500 on: August 05, 2017, 05:27:20 AM »
From https://www.warcraftpets.com/
Currently on the PTR the Crysa and Environeer Bert encounters will scale down in level to the highest level pet on your team.

Using a full team of level 1 pets will result in the enemy team scaling down to all level 1 pets. A team of two level 1 pets plus one level 25 pet results in an all level 25 enemy team.

Available abilities depend on the level the team scales to (for example, level 1 scaling only unlocks the first ability). The quality (rare, epic, etc.) of the trainer team does not change.

Interesting but at the same time kind of pointless.

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #501 on: August 05, 2017, 02:32:02 PM »
Agreed. Most of the people who'll attempt these encounters will have a substantial roster of level 25 pets. Scalable entry-level pet encounters might make sense in entry-level zones, but not here.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia

HeidiB

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #502 on: August 06, 2017, 04:27:41 AM »
Agreed. Most of the people who'll attempt these encounters will have a substantial roster of level 25 pets. Scalable entry-level pet encounters might make sense in entry-level zones, but not here.
Perhaps they're testing something that will be more useful next expansion?  We've reached a point where folks who haven't started leveling pets never will if it means spending hours in Westfall.  Maybe they want to do something like they did with fishing, where you can do the quest even if your pet is only level 5.

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #503 on: August 06, 2017, 07:05:08 AM »
Perhaps they're testing something that will be more useful next expansion?  We've reached a point where folks who haven't started leveling pets never will if it means spending hours in Westfall.  Maybe they want to do something like they did with fishing, where you can do the quest even if your pet is only level 5.
That's a good point. If the goal is to give rank-and-file players (as opposed to the insane like me) a chance at interesting pet encounters and rewards, it does sound like a reasonable compromise.
Bill Seligman

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #504 on: August 06, 2017, 10:48:17 AM »
That's a good point. If the goal is to give rank-and-file players (as opposed to the insane like me) a chance at interesting pet encounters and rewards, it does sound like a reasonable compromise.

No a fan of the idea of scaling everything, pets are not hard to level even for a beginner. To me it introduces extra complexity for very little reason.

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #505 on: September 01, 2017, 03:21:08 PM »
If you are doing the prestige grind to get the pets stop doing it on both factions. Once you have unlocked it for one faction you can now buy it from a vendor on the opposite side without having to regrind the prestige levels. (https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17220)

While kind of nice wish they would have said something about doing it or at least documented it! All the more painful as I hit prestige 7 of my horde alt on the 25th :/

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #506 on: September 02, 2017, 02:50:29 AM »
Congratulations, Andius! You are a more determined person than I!
Bill Seligman

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #507 on: September 03, 2017, 12:30:50 PM »
I've mentioned my wowcation a couple of times. The reason for the break is that I've come to understand that the only reason I'm playing WoW these days is potentially be at #1 in the warcraftpets.com list for Earthen Ring. I've experienced some brief times in the past year when I've enjoyed playing (leveling up a rogue to get a pet), but by and large the game has turned into a lengthy and often-expensive grind for a dubious honor.

So I'm taking a break. I'll let others (hopefully Andius or Ellemir or Kyttin; even Britehawk) be #1 on the list for a while.

Unless something special happens related to pet collecting (e.g., someone here organizes a Lagan run), I won't play again until the Hallow's End event starts, since I'd have to grind for the holiday pet to have a chance to return to #1. Maybe I'll see something in 7.3 that will re-ignite my love of playing. If not, perhaps it's time to close up shop.

I'd miss WoW. I've played since the days of the vanilla beta before the game was formally released. But at this point the one remaining goal I've set for myself is looking more and more ridiculous.

Unless Andius is #1, of course. Then it's worthwhile!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 03:06:42 PM by Winston »
Bill Seligman

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #508 on: September 12, 2017, 11:09:47 AM »
New pet in the shop it would have been the Blizzcon charity pet but they decided not to wait.

Due to recent natural disasters around the world—and the great needs of those affected—we’ve decided not to wait for BlizzCon 2017 to release this year’s new charity pet. The immediacy of the events, including Hurricanes Harvey and Irma, flooding in South Asia, and countless other crises, have shown we need to act now.

For every Shadow fox adopted between now and December 31, 2017, 100% of the $10 USD adoption fee will be donated to both American Red Cross Disaster Relief and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) Disaster Relief Fund. Your donation will be split equally between both organizations: for the American Red Cross to help people affected by disasters big and small in the U.S., and the IFRC to help Red Cross Red Crescent Societies respond to disasters through their Disaster Relief Emergency fund.

It is a colour changing Fox Shadow (https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/world-of-warcraft/21037559/new-pet-adopt-shadow-the-fox-and-help-support-disaster-relief-efforts) costs $10

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #509 on: September 13, 2017, 06:15:13 AM »
It is a colour changing Fox Shadow (https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/world-of-warcraft/21037559/new-pet-adopt-shadow-the-fox-and-help-support-disaster-relief-efforts) costs $10

I got this last night and tested with the toy that makes you look like your companion pet. You also get the color-change effect when you do this, which kind of made me squee a little.