Author Topic: Pet Battles Have Eaten My Brain  (Read 72536 times)

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
Re: Pet Battles Have Eaten My Brain
« Reply #480 on: June 16, 2017, 04:17:56 AM »
I gave the Deaths of Chromie a few rounds. It wasn't as bad as the various descriptions (both here and on wowhead) made it sound, given that I have no interest in completing the scenario. After some preliminary work, it's not hard to get 12 Sands of Time to drop for each run.

The question then becomes what is the drop rate for the satchels from the Sands of Time, and what is the drop rate of the pets from the satchels. Hopefully wowhead will accumulate some statistics after a while.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #481 on: June 16, 2017, 06:41:51 AM »
I gave the Deaths of Chromie a few rounds. It wasn't as bad as the various descriptions (both here and on wowhead) made it sound, given that I have no interest in completing the scenario. After some preliminary work, it's not hard to get 12 Sands of Time to drop for each run.
There's a Chromie talent to increase the sands drop rate by 100%.  It takes three days (so I'll get it today) and I think four levels of the rep grind to get it.

I have gotten five pet drops so far (four ageless, one proto), but I couldn't tell you how many sands of time that represents.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #482 on: June 16, 2017, 06:43:29 AM »
Also, the community recently discovered a new secret which leaves to a pet:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=142223/sun-darter-hatchling#comments

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #483 on: June 17, 2017, 08:42:47 AM »
The pet that Marco referred to, the Sun Darter Hatchling, can be caged and is showing up on the AH at the usual outrageous prices.

If anyone would like to pool resources to get this pet, let me know.

In particular, Winston is an alchemist who knows the recipes for Pygmy Oil, Ethereal Oil, and the recipes for the Major Fire, Holy, and Nature potions. The Perky Pug is an achievement reward and is not tradeable, but Yungi is sitting on about 5000 pet charms so I can give anyone the Princess costume who wants one. The level 1 Intellect scroll is so easy for an Inscriber to make that my old character Pellinore, whom I use as an auction alt, happened to have all the ingredients on him from adventuring eight years ago.

There's still a fair bit of grinding to be done (Scotty the  sprite isn't going to get much peace for the next few days; now is not a good time to sell life insurance to the Winterfall) but you don't have to pay the ridiculous prices currently being charged on the AH for the tradeable puzzle components.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #484 on: June 17, 2017, 12:07:58 PM »
My Alchemist (Shandius) can make all of the alchemy stuff, the only stuff he is missing to make them is the fish (Glassfin minnow and the Pygmy suckerfish and the Mana thistle.
Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 110),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 110)

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #485 on: June 18, 2017, 06:11:27 AM »
I'd be glad to get the fish; Winston has 800 fishing, so it's just a matter of patience.

Gathering 18 Mana Thistle (3 for each potion) will take a while, given that I assume everyone and their second cousin will be farming for it. I'll see what I can do.
Bill Seligman

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #486 on: June 19, 2017, 05:59:15 AM »
The complex maze thing sounds like it's way more work than it's worth to me so I'll probably skip that.  The Deadmines thing isn't bad, but I feel it's unnecssarily drawn out. Having teams in advance sped things up a bit but it's still a lot of battles.

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #487 on: June 19, 2017, 10:25:14 AM »
It's all relative. The Deadmines pet challenge is shorter than the Wailing Caverns pet challenge, which I'd been doing weekly up until I gave up and bought the spore pet on the AH. With the Deadmines, after six weeks you're guaranteed to have all its new pets while with WC it depended on an RNG.

As for the puzzle challenge: I'm torn. On the one hand, I'll continue farming for Mana Thistle since I promised to help Andius out. On the other hand, the Sun Darter pet is now available on the AH for $40 (two WoW tokens are about 250K gold at current prices); is the time I'd save by not having to grind for all the puzzle pieces worth $40 to me?
Bill Seligman

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #488 on: June 20, 2017, 11:27:11 AM »
It's all relative. The Deadmines pet challenge is shorter than the Wailing Caverns pet challenge, which I'd been doing weekly up until I gave up and bought the spore pet on the AH. With the Deadmines, after six weeks you're guaranteed to have all its new pets while with WC it depended on an RNG.

As for the puzzle challenge: I'm torn. On the one hand, I'll continue farming for Mana Thistle since I promised to help Andius out. On the other hand, the Sun Darter pet is now available on the AH for $40 (two WoW tokens are about 250K gold at current prices); is the time I'd save by not having to grind for all the puzzle pieces worth $40 to me?

My brother went out and farmed up 42  Mana Thistle, so I have more than enough. I'll send you some of the potions when I log in.
Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 110),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 110)

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #489 on: June 20, 2017, 11:59:42 AM »
Midsummer Fire Festival (June 21 - July 5) new stuff this year is Igneous Flameling (pet) 350 Burning Blossom and Set of Matches (toy) 500 Burning Blossom.

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #490 on: July 31, 2017, 04:56:23 AM »
At least 19 new pets coming in 7.3.

Raiding With Leashes V: Cuteaclysm (https://www.warcraftpets.com/news/patch-7-3-ptr-raiding-with-leashes-v/)

16 new pets have been added to the 7.3 PTR. These latest additions are part of Raiding With Leashes V: Cuteaclysm!

Collectors will find 15 of these pets inside Cataclysm raids, and the final pet, Amalgam of Destruction, is the reward for completing the achievement.

Blackwing Descent (3 pets)

Discarded Experiment - Maloriak
Rattlejaw - Nefarian
Tinytron - Magmatron

Dragon Soul (3 pets)

Corrupted Blood - Spine of Deathwing
Faceless Mindlasher - Yorsahj
Unstable Tendril - Deathwing

Firelands (4 pets)

Blazehound - Shannox
Cinderweb Recluse - Beth'tilac
Infernal Pyreclaw - Majordomo Staghelm
Surger - Baleroc

The Bastion of Twilight (3 pets)

Bound Stream - Elementium Monstrosity
Faceless Minion - Cho'gall
Twilight Clutch-Sister - Valiona

Throne of the Four Winds (2 pets)

Drafty - Nezir
Zephyrian Prince - Al'Akir

Fishing

Ghost Shark - Fishing Vendor
- Sold by Ilyssia of the Waters
- Costs 50 Fragmented Enchantment
- Require 'Good Friend' reputation with Ilyssia
- Bind on Pick Up
- Currently listed as vendor pet From Nat Pagle (garrison), however this is Placeholder information

Hallow's End

Naxxy - Holiday Vendor
- Previously named 'Mini Naxx' and datamined from 7.2 PTR
- Sold by holiday vendors during Hallow's End
- Costs 150 Tricky Treats
- Bind on Use

New Trainer

Dibbler - Drop
- Previously named 'Mini Spider Tank' and datamined from 7.2 PTR
- Drops from Leprous Sack of Pet Supplies
- Bag is a new trainer daily reward from Environeer Bert, Leprous Pet Tamer
- Bind on Use

Plus there is another 18 new pet NPCs datamined https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17118
Legendary pet NPCs? Similar to Tanaan Jungle pets?

Edity Spelling
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 12:00:11 PM by **andius »

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #491 on: July 31, 2017, 07:28:12 AM »
Augh.

Is there a good add-on that helps keep track of what one hasn't done, particularly when one is in the area to do something? Like, I went into the cave a zillion times before I realized I could do the racing achievement there to get a pet. Just dumb luck I remembered it when I went there.

I'm thinking of something like the Field Photographer add-on that decorates the map with camera icons to note locations where you want to take selfies for that achievement...

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #492 on: July 31, 2017, 07:50:22 AM »
Augh.

Is there a good add-on that helps keep track of what one hasn't done, particularly when one is in the area to do something? Like, I went into the cave a zillion times before I realized I could do the racing achievement there to get a pet. Just dumb luck I remembered it when I went there.

I'm thinking of something like the Field Photographer add-on that decorates the map with camera icons to note locations where you want to take selfies for that achievement...

I think what your looking for is PetTracker (https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/pettracker)

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #493 on: July 31, 2017, 08:01:52 AM »
Has there been mention of a new Pet Battle Dungeon yet?
Bill Seligman

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #494 on: July 31, 2017, 11:59:43 AM »
Has there been mention of a new Pet Battle Dungeon yet?

Sadly only to say no dungeon

New Trainer
Initially, it was speculated that the new reward bag, Leprous Sack of Pet Supplies, would be from a Gnomeregan Pet Battle Dungeon. However, as of this writing, there is no indication that this Pet Dungeon will be included in 7.3.

So where will the Leprous Sack of Pet Supplies come from? WarcraftPets user Flohsakk discovered that this bag is rewarded from a new trainer!

Environeer Bert and his team of Mechanical pets can be found in Gnomeregan. He's located in the left tunnel after exiting the elevator area. He offers the daily quest, 'Bert's Bots'.

Similar to Crysa and her team of all Flying pets, Bert is accompanied by a pet team comprised of a single pet family type. He has three level 25, epic quality Mechanical pets.

There is always the chance it could be in later or 7.3.5