Author Topic: Pet Battles Have Eaten My Brain  (Read 81569 times)

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
Re: Pet Battles Have Eaten My Brain
« Reply #630 on: June 02, 2018, 07:49:26 PM »
I'm going on the Horde version tomorrow. Did you clear all the achievements in a single run? Or did you have some of them, and filled in what you didn't have?
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Jenilea

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #631 on: June 02, 2018, 08:18:07 PM »
I'm going on the Horde version tomorrow. Did you clear all the achievements in a single run? Or did you have some of them, and filled in what you didn't have?
We cleared them all. I did have one from before but we did it.
Jenilea - 110 Warlock, Dalae - 110 Monk, Lindi - 100 Priest, Wintergreen - 100 Paladin, Sunrayle - 100 Mage, Moonrayle - 100 Druid, Prasi - 100 Rogue, Valri - 100 Hunter, Zardi - 100 Shaman, Sindi - 100 Warrior, Xalvi - 100 Death Knight

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #632 on: June 03, 2018, 04:02:58 PM »
Just got out of the Horde version of Neall's raid. I've got my Micronax. The experience is just as Jenilea described: Neall is an excellent raid leader.

I was one of the raid tanks. I let Neall know that I'd never tanked a raid before, only normal 5-mans. He explained everything to me, and everyone was forgiving when I flubbed occasionally.

I'm not back to #1 on Earthen Ring pet owners at warcraftpets.com yet; somehow Nicksmithcc has one more point in their score than I do. Next weekend I'll go after Tyler Gronnden.

Edit: I discovered that there was one pet (Shadow) that I hadn't maxed out to level 25 yet. So I may be #1 until BfA comes out. After that... 400 toys. Meh.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 04:13:13 PM by Winston »
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #633 on: June 04, 2018, 09:07:51 AM »
A recent BfA build added a pet which requires a million gold on your character to get, but doesn't actually take away the million gold.  (So people with gold-rich friends could potentially borrow a million gold for a few minutes to get the pet.)

https://www.wowhead.com/news=284713/francois-the-faberge-egg-pet-for-one-million-gold
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 09:58:13 AM by Marco »

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #634 on: June 10, 2018, 09:31:37 AM »
To my amazement, I got through the Master Pakku encounter in the Brawler's Guild on my second try today.

Thus begins my next wowcation. A part of me wants to start on the long grind to go from 170 to 400 pets, but having recently gone through a months-long grind for the PvP Prestige pets, my heart isn't in it.

I'll see how I'll feel about the whole pet-collecting deal when BfA is released.
Bill Seligman

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #635 on: June 21, 2018, 07:39:15 AM »
You may be in luck, since they don't plan to add to the prestige system
I based that on statements made in interviews circa Blizzcon, I think, but Blizzard does not seem to have held to this philosophy.  As Jeni noted a while ago, the term "prestige" has been retired and now you simply gain account-wide honor levels forever, with your initial honor level determined by adding together all of the honor earned on your account's characters.  I don't know if anyone has reverse-engineered the conversion.  I copied Jammerwoch to the PTR a little while ago and have honor level 10, but I don't know if that took into account more than just the one character and I didn't do much Legion PvP.

So, they recently added Sir Snips (alliance) and Bucketshell (horde) as battle pet rewards for honor level 400, which seems like it will take a lot of effort to reach as the last reward (a mount) is at honor level 500.  So Winston isn't in luck after all.

https://www.wowhead.com/pvp-overview-battle-for-azeroth

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #636 on: June 21, 2018, 09:44:50 AM »
Thanks Marco. This adds to my conviction that, with BfA, it may be time to stop my pet-collecting efforts. It's been a good run, and I was #1 on ER for longer than I ever dreamed I would be, but perhaps it's time to let the skilled collectors assume that title.
Bill Seligman

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #637 on: June 22, 2018, 03:50:05 AM »
Wait a sec... what exactly is an "Honor Level"? It doesn't seem to be the the same as the current "Prestige Level". If an Honor Level is the same as the current Honor Rank (50 per Prestige Level), then with one toon at Prestige 7 and another at Prestige 1 I'd have 350 Honor Levels already. On that scale, the grind to 400 Honor Levels doesn't seem that bad.

... except it can't be like that, because then all the expert PvPers in Legion would already be at max Honor Level in BfA. Oh, well.
Bill Seligman

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #638 on: June 22, 2018, 08:48:10 AM »
It's somewhere in between current honor levels and current prestige levels.  Right now on the PTR it looks like it's a flat 8800 honor points per honor level.
 There's an addon which will calculate your BfA honor level using that conversion, after you log in your characters on live.

I also don't know what BfA honor sources will be like.  The grind could be very painful or quite mild depending on what they are.

https://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info24650-ZigiPrestige-AccountPrestigeCalculator.html