Author Topic: Pet Battles Have Eaten My Brain  (Read 96501 times)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
Re: Pet Battles Have Eaten My Brain
« Reply #615 on: May 21, 2018, 07:14:46 AM »
This property is called "account-wide progress", and Glory of the Tomb Raider is listed as having it on the wowhead entry (https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=11763/glory-of-the-tomb-raider).

Some achievements do not have this property, like Field Medic (https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=11139/field-medic) but I don't know if any of them are meta-achievements in the sense of having other achievements as criteria.

Jenilea

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #616 on: May 22, 2018, 04:13:03 AM »
MMOC shows the new reward structure for Prestige, now called simply Honor, Levels. The Dutiful pets will require only level 5 vs level 7 previously. However, the Alliance Enthusiast/Horde Fanatic will require level 20 vs level 1 now.

Anyone interested in pet who does not have the Enthusiast/Fanatic already should get them soon. Level 1 is pretty quick to get.
Jenilea - 110 Warlock, Dalae - 110 Monk, Lindi - 100 Priest, Wintergreen - 100 Paladin, Sunrayle - 100 Mage, Moonrayle - 100 Druid, Prasi - 100 Rogue, Valri - 100 Hunter, Zardi - 100 Shaman, Sindi - 100 Warrior, Xalvi - 100 Death Knight

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #617 on: May 22, 2018, 05:33:41 AM »
Anyone interested in pet who does not have the Enthusiast/Fanatic already should get them soon. Level 1 is pretty quick to get.

How do I get this thing? (I can look it up when I get home; work firewall blocks the sites I'd typically search for this kind of thing.)

Jenilea

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #618 on: May 22, 2018, 02:04:29 PM »

How do I get this thing? (I can look it up when I get home; work firewall blocks the sites I'd typically search for this kind of thing.)
PvP until Prestige lvl 1 before 8.0 and you will get one of the pets automatically - alliance or horde. To get the other faction, log into a toon on the other faction and visit the pvp vendor in Dalaran.
Jenilea - 110 Warlock, Dalae - 110 Monk, Lindi - 100 Priest, Wintergreen - 100 Paladin, Sunrayle - 100 Mage, Moonrayle - 100 Druid, Prasi - 100 Rogue, Valri - 100 Hunter, Zardi - 100 Shaman, Sindi - 100 Warrior, Xalvi - 100 Death Knight

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #619 on: May 22, 2018, 03:26:07 PM »

PvP until Prestige lvl 1 before 8.0 and you will get one of the pets automatically - alliance or horde. To get the other faction, log into a toon on the other faction and visit the pvp vendor in Dalaran.
Follow my earlier advice (here's the link so you don't have to search) and you'll get those pets in about three weeks of grinding less than a half hour per day.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #620 on: May 24, 2018, 08:46:18 PM »
Current pet upgrade tokens will work on new pets.  It's possible that the old currency won't purchase upgrade tokens any more, but that's just speculation.
It's no longer speculation.  The old currency will buy old pets, but upgrade tokens will require the new currency.  So spend your old pet charms on upgrade tokens if you aren't planning to spend them on existing pet-charm pets.

Also, if you haven't gotten a pocket pet portal yet (increases max pets to 1500), it will be available for some number of new pet charms in BfA, rather than as an achievement reward for doing 30 Legion pet battle world quests.

http://us.battle.net/forums/wow/topic/20762158027?page=5#82

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #621 on: May 25, 2018, 01:22:45 AM »
Thanks, Marco!

Now on to the next grind: toys. I presently have 144, out of the 400 needed to get that pet in BfA. Right now I'm grinding at the Argent Tournament both Alliance- and Horde-side, since a total of 10 toys are available there.

There are toy-collection pages at wowhead, but they're mostly lists. Before I start farming Pandaren rare elites for toy drops or something like that, let me ask you experts: Where does one start ones toy collection? Are there places where you just go and buy toys for gold? Any typical AH deals?
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #622 on: May 25, 2018, 06:00:42 AM »
Almost every crafting profession can produce multiple toys now. Usually one or two per expansion's recipes. That should easily net you another 10-20 assuming you don't have those already. It's a timewalking week and those vendors often have 2-3 toys per vendor. If you have the badges and can access the vendor you don't have to wait for that particular TW week to come around. Some vendors are only in game on their weeks but some (e.g. Timeless Isle Pandaria) are around always. I believe each class hall in this expansion has 2-3 toys, and of course there are faction vendors for those factions you have rep with. Most of those are purchasable for gold, but some require specific foos. I can't double-check right now but Garrisons had a number of toys. If you can send your alts back to their garrisons to search the various options there you can net some.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #623 on: May 25, 2018, 07:11:13 AM »
Notes on timewalking:

* It's slow to grind out timewalking badges in a short period of time, but the first timewalking dungeon you do in a given week gives 500 badges.  You can do that on multiple alts; while you can't then pool the currency together, doing that across multiple timewalking weeks is the most efficient way to get enough currency to buy toys (or mounts or whatever).

* Pit of Saron (during Wrath week) can be pretty difficult; the other dungeons are mostly pretty easy.  The queue times for DPS aren't usually too high.  If you heal, the tank may require more attention than in a random heroic.

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #624 on: May 25, 2018, 02:23:14 PM »
The TImewalking stuff is going to make me unpopular. I don't remember the old instances, or (for Cata and WoD) I was never in them. Of the characters I'd send out to gather the badges, three of them are tanks (Warrior, Death Knight, Druid) and there's not much forgiveness out there for a tank who doesn't know the encounters. It can be even worse when I bring my healer, since even as a Mistweaver Monk I can fall behind in a strange instance; a couple of times I was locked out of a boss encounter.

This is why I can be willing to spend $60 to get a pet. It's better than dealing with the insults and embarrassment. 
Bill Seligman

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #625 on: May 27, 2018, 08:17:17 AM »
YMMV of course, but I've found healing these things to be pretty easy. I agree that having a tank who doesn't know the instance can make things bad. If you can time it so that you queue when there's a shortage of healers (which there very often is) you get 50 bonus badges, which can shorten the misery considerably. Since you're driving for account-wide rewards it can all be done on a single toon. Miserably repetitive but so are most grinds.

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #626 on: May 27, 2018, 10:54:09 AM »
Hmm... easier as a healer? I've got my Mistweaver geared up. Perhaps I can take advantage of Ghoselle's Law and groom the healing spec of my Druid. That would at least give me two toons to easily grind for foos.
Bill Seligman

ghoselle

• Three Rivers Moderator
    • Three Rivers
« Reply #627 on: May 27, 2018, 04:33:47 PM »
Hmm... easier as a healer? I've got my Mistweaver geared up. Perhaps I can take advantage of Ghoselle's Law and groom the healing spec of my Druid. That would at least give me two toons to easily grind for foos.

I'm not sure what "Ghoselle's Law" is - but I'm assuming its something like "you can do anything with a druid", or maybe "everything is better when you are a druid."

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #628 on: May 27, 2018, 05:19:46 PM »

I'm not sure what "Ghoselle's Law" is - but I'm assuming its something like "you can do anything with a druid", or maybe "everything is better when you are a druid."

It's "Druids are the coolest thing ever!"
Bill Seligman

Jenilea

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #629 on: June 02, 2018, 04:08:25 PM »
The Micronax pet is a reward for completing the Glory of the Tomb Raider achievement. If you'd like this pet, but you're not part of a guild or group that's going for the achievement, I found an opportunity (referred by warcraftpets.com): There's a fellow named Neall on on OpenRaid (http://openraid.zergid.com/) who organizes a wide array of instance-related achievement runs, including Tomb.

If you create an account on OpenRaid and do a search on #Neall, you'll see a list of his raids: http://openraid.zergid.com/events/find#event_name=%23Neall
Thanks for this advice. I got into his Alliance raid today from the reserve list - I was about 10 spots down. I am now the proud owner of a Micronax! He is a great raid leader and quite amusing too! Highly recommended.