Author Topic: Pet Battles Have Eaten My Brain  (Read 80352 times)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
Re: Pet Battles Have Eaten My Brain
« Reply #570 on: January 21, 2018, 08:46:28 PM »
I found this mildly interesting: apparently you can make a lot of gold quickly by picking random people on your server and asking to buy their pets for less than market value.  (Aside from any potential ethical considerations, spending hours a day cold-whispering strangers isn't my idea of fun, but it's still interesting to know that it works.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/woweconomy/comments/7s06yw/the_ethically_gray_way_i_made_my_fortune_before/

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #571 on: January 22, 2018, 06:47:15 PM »
A new pet has become available: the Silithid Mini-Tank. It can drop from rares in Silithus: http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=133064/silithid-mini-tank#comments

This can only drop in the post-Antorus phase of Silithus. Fortunately for me, it can be caged. It's available on the AH at prices that (on the insane pet collector scale) are reasonable.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #572 on: January 22, 2018, 08:39:24 PM »
There is two pets in 7.3.5 the  Silithid Mini-Tank and the Mailemental.

Mailemental
Mailemental Players must first obtain the breadcrumb quest from a lootable BoP letter on the ground next to a mailbox in Dalaran (Broken Isles). The item begins the quest Lost Mail. The lootable object has respawn time of roughly 2-3 hours.
Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 110),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 110)

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #573 on: January 23, 2018, 03:32:00 AM »
Thanks, Andius. I hadn't noticed the Mailemental: http://www.wowhead.com/postmaster-questline

Even though picking up the initial breadcrumb quest is difficult (there's already a line at the mailbox in Dalaran), once it's completed you can send a copy of the Lost Mail to someone else so they can do it. Finally, World of Warcraft has a chain letter!

Edit: Even though the Mailemental is not cageable, the Lost Mail is tradeable. It's available on the AH at the usual inflated prices.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 03:35:53 AM by Winston »
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #574 on: January 23, 2018, 05:36:06 AM »
the mailbox in Dalaran

Does that mean it only spawns at one of the Dalaran mailboxes? There are quite a lot...

jsoh

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #575 on: January 23, 2018, 06:04:58 AM »
The quest starts with a dropped  Lost Mail on the ground by a mailbox in Dalaran, near the stairs leading to The Violet Citadel.

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #576 on: January 23, 2018, 10:48:06 AM »
Thinking on it, I wouldn't worry to much about grabbing the Lost Mail from the ground before anybody else does. At the end of the quest chain, you get a new Lost Mail. You can pass it on to another one of your characters if you want more than one to have the Postmaster title. Or can you can sell on it on the AH. What I plan to do with mine (assuming that I'm weak-willed enough to buy it on the AH, which is a safe assumption) is to offer to pass it onto one of the Poor Unfortunate Souls who joined me on the Lagan run. If we pass it on to one another, we can all get the pet.
Bill Seligman

Fallowgrey

• Boomcop Posse Member
  • All the feelz, all the healz
« Reply #577 on: January 23, 2018, 11:14:56 AM »
The quest starts with a dropped  Lost Mail on the ground by a mailbox in Dalaran, near the stairs leading to The Violet Citadel.

Had to be they did this to my favorite mailbox.  (It's a quick jump out the window from the Priest Class Hall portal).  I guess I'll jump off the interior balcony to the courtyard mailbox until things calm down.
Alliance: Fallowgrey, Dwarf Priest / Evring, Nelf Druid / Arkibal, Human Paladin / Gayelette, Dwarf Shaman / Haikeebah, Pandaren Monk
Horde: Rinkitink, Belf Hunter
Misc:  Kikiaru, L51 Gnome Mage / Erzula, L9 Human Rogue / Zelbinion, L68 Worgen Warrior /  Sootandash, L100  Tauren Druid

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #578 on: January 23, 2018, 07:18:15 PM »
I now have the lost mail :)

Edit :
Achievements
The  Priority Mail achievement and Postmaster title are now account-wide.
Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 110),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 110)

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #579 on: January 24, 2018, 04:44:45 AM »
I'm curious to learn if you find any part of the Mailemental quest chain to be difficult. I'm a bit worried about the mail sorting.
Bill Seligman

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #580 on: January 24, 2018, 10:15:52 AM »
If this item can indeed be passed around I'd be interested in taking a turn somewhere in the line.

erstyx

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #581 on: January 24, 2018, 02:31:31 PM »
Note that it's now been hotfixed to spawn in front of a random Dalaran mailbox, not always the same one.

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #582 on: January 24, 2018, 03:08:14 PM »
The quest is easy the mail sorting if you know the zones towns well not to0 hard if you do not it is difficult.

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #583 on: January 24, 2018, 03:37:30 PM »
If this item can indeed be passed around I'd be interested in taking a turn somewhere in the line.

I'll set up a thread to do this but today (Wednesday) I'm a little busy. I hope to get around to it Thursday.

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #584 on: April 28, 2018, 04:46:12 AM »
The Micronax pet is a reward for completing the Glory of the Tomb Raider achievement. If you'd like this pet, but you're not part of a guild or group that's going for the achievement, I found an opportunity (referred by warcraftpets.com): There's a fellow named Neall on on OpenRaid (http://openraid.zergid.com/) who organizes a wide array of instance-related achievement runs, including Tomb.

If you create an account on OpenRaid and do a search on #Neall, you'll see a list of his raids: http://openraid.zergid.com/events/find#event_name=%23Neall

He plans his raiding schedule a couple of months in advance, and I've signed up for the Alliance-side Tomb Achievement raids as Winston. His raids are usually over-subscribed. I believe he takes the first 30 people to sign up, and I'm not among the first 30 (though I'm 31st for the June 2 raid).

But...

On the Horde side, the June 3 Tomb Achievements sign-up list has not yet reached 30. I've signed up as Grotar for Damage/Tank. (I'll tank if he asks, but I've noted that I've never tanked a raid before.)  If you've got a Horde-side alt and you'd like the pet, this may be your chance; I certainly hope it's mine: http://openraid.zergid.com/events/view/311530#roster
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 05:40:20 AM by Winston »
Bill Seligman