Author Topic: Pet Battles Have Eaten My Brain  (Read 22444 times)

Cree

• Cupcakes Member
Re: Pet Battles Have Eaten My Brain
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2013, 03:56:41 PM »

I still need Chrominius. 

Andy gave me a Chrominius!  So now I can level my all cat/no beast team of Cinder Kitten (ele) Mr. Bigglesworth (undead) and Fluxfire Feline (mech)
Cree (Dr 110) Haikili (Sh 100) Eep (Ma 92) Elisya (Dk 81) Maxine (Pa 85) Urusai (R 90) Gihr (H 83) Nikolievna (Wk 100) Anae (Pr 98) Ressha (Wr 76) Mayu (Mo 36)

Aviel

• Feral Cat Mistress
  • Three Rivers Member
  • Master of the Kitty-Fu
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2013, 03:07:45 PM »
I keep going into places I can solo and the darn pets wont drop! I also cannot solo that Viscious-whatever blob in Aq40. I can get him frozen but I cannot kill him. I also cannot solo the first boss in BWL.

So far I have 1 from MC, 1 from Naxx and 1 from BWL.

Seniummortus

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2013, 07:02:50 PM »
There's a few tricks you can use to help get the melee hits in. Tree summons are a for sure thing and you can also use barov peasant caller I think for a huge boost to melee hits. I also dug up this chunk of advice from WoWhead. Also assuming you're playing druid >.> its hard to tell these days with not being on and people switching mains! :P

Solo'd this today as a druid who's normally balance. Just swapped my OS to feral, kept most of my int gear on but swapped my MH/OH for a agi staff with Elemental Force enchant. The reason you want to be feral is for the melee version of Force of Nature (Which obviously swap to that talent for this), your gear/dps/rotation doesn't mean much. When you're on Viscidus the enchant will count as frost damage and freeze him; when you get the emote "Viscidus is freezing up" or whatever (The one right before he's frozen), stop doing anything but auto attack and let your energy stay topped. After a bit your autoattacks will freeze him; as soon as this happens, blow force of nature, mangle spam, tiger's fury as soon as your energy is too low to mangle anymore, ferocious bite, mangle spam some more and he should die.

I'm a balance druid and don't have a clue how cat works and even I managed to do it, so i'm sure a better player can manage it even more easily.

PS when you use Force of Nature, try to drop it near his backside or you'll lose melee hits to the trees running to get behind.

Aviel

• Feral Cat Mistress
  • Three Rivers Member
  • Master of the Kitty-Fu
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2013, 03:37:05 AM »
So far been doing everything with Oanae, my prot pally. I need to go back with my mage and use mirror images.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2013, 07:00:05 AM »
Would that work?  The mirror images won't melee attack, will they?

Andraax

• Adjective Noun Member
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2013, 10:40:54 AM »
Would that work?  The mirror images won't melee attack, will they?

No it won't.  To get Viscidus, I equip a fast one-hand, Barov Peasant Caller and the trinket that summons a mini-drake (Netherwing something?).  Bring him to zero HP, use Frost Orb and Ice Lance to freeze him (Mirror Images will make this slightly faster as Frost spec), activate Heroism, activate the trinkets and stand there auto attacking.  Win.

-Andraax

Seniummortus

• Cupcakes Member
Re: Re: Pet Battles Have Eaten My Brain
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2013, 11:00:26 AM »
The wowhead comments for this guy have tips and tricks for most classes if others are having issues with him (comments being helpful? What the hell)

Aviel

• Feral Cat Mistress
  • Three Rivers Member
  • Master of the Kitty-Fu
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2013, 11:39:14 AM »
I do not have any barov peasant collars any more. I deleted them for bank space. And it needs to be melee swings? Maybe I should bring my enhancement shaman, do the wolves count?

Seniummortus

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2013, 12:12:19 PM »
The wolves very much count. Enhance is probably one of the easier classes to shatter him on.

The way he works is basicaly frost attacks till he freezes, then x number of melee swings in y seconds (its posted somewhere above I think) to shatter him. If he's at 1 health when he shatters he'll die.

Gwyddyon

• The Fired Lord
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2013, 12:34:12 PM »
Since everybody's quest logs got reset in Cata, I'm willing to bet you have some PCs who haven't redone the WPL/Scholo quests. If you redid them... maybe more peasants?
Gwyddyon | Gwyllow | Gwyah | Gwystal | Eckhardt | Gwymbulvetr | Tethys | Gwynyang | Gwyabolic | Gwynchester

Aviel

• Feral Cat Mistress
  • Three Rivers Member
  • Master of the Kitty-Fu
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2013, 01:15:46 PM »
Since everybody's quest logs got reset in Cata, I'm willing to bet you have some PCs who haven't redone the WPL/Scholo quests. If you redid them... maybe more peasants?

Good point my dear

Andy

• Infraction Champions Member
  • Tanking mandatory, spanking optional.
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2013, 08:42:37 AM »
The Amazon Women of the Storm Peaks (Brun-something-something) sell weapons that do a tiny amount of frost damage. This is what I used with my hunter to get the job done. These weapons aren't even BOE; they are white items that can be transferred to any character. The frost damage is enough to get him to freeze and eventually shatter.

Crayzfurball

« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2013, 04:19:06 PM »
N-N-REVIVAL!!

So I'm looking ahead to 5.4 and the Celestial Tournament, which is the weekly quest thing for pet battles. So far I've seen a number of possible tamers that you go against and what kind of pets/abilities they're using but the one thing that really has me interested is the "No Healing!" debuff that's put on, making a number of utility pets not all that useful.

My question, for fellow pet battle fanatics, is what heavy hitters do you find yourself using? There are some fairly obvious choices from PVP battles (Snowman, Anubisith Idol, Kun-Lai Runt) but I'm looking for some high impact pets that can dish damage quick and in a hurry.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Cree

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2013, 05:02:21 PM »
I've been enjoying the little big wolf, but I'm not that good at pvp.  The howl debuff is kind of nice for doing chunk damage.
Cree (Dr 110) Haikili (Sh 100) Eep (Ma 92) Elisya (Dk 81) Maxine (Pa 85) Urusai (R 90) Gihr (H 83) Nikolievna (Wk 100) Anae (Pr 98) Ressha (Wr 76) Mayu (Mo 36)

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2013, 07:47:07 AM »
N-N-REVIVAL!!

So I'm looking ahead to 5.4 and the Celestial Tournament, which is the weekly quest thing for pet battles. So far I've seen a number of possible tamers that you go against and what kind of pets/abilities they're using but the one thing that really has me interested is the "No Healing!" debuff that's put on, making a number of utility pets not all that useful.

My question, for fellow pet battle fanatics, is what heavy hitters do you find yourself using? There are some fairly obvious choices from PVP battles (Snowman, Anubisith Idol, Kun-Lai Runt) but I'm looking for some high impact pets that can dish damage quick and in a hurry.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=217148/5-4-ptr-celestial-pet-tournament-and-new-battle-pets I read that you can not heal your pets between fight not that your pets can not heal.

As for pets I'm looking at pets that have a strong defence and attack vs other pets (so called super pets)

For example toads they have a stong defense against undead, two of their attacks Swarm of flies and Tonge Lash are strong against undead. They also have a self heal Healing Wave which is a useful thing to have even if you just use it for times when your attacks going to miss due to what your opponent is doing (flying high, burrow etc).

Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 102),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 103)