Author Topic: Password Resets  (Read 1990 times)

Vylin

• Mains Are For Casuals
  • Cupcakes Member
Password Resets
« on: August 29, 2012, 04:17:36 AM »
I just got 2 emails this morning stating that someone was trying to reset my password. Its very likely our friends in Eastern Europe and China have ramped up their account shenanigans with Guild Wars 2. That sure didn't take long.
SWTOR Characters: Republic - Zerana, Hedrak, Joanna, Delmond; Empire - Destro, Entropi, Pennance, Purgatori

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
Re: Password Resets
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 05:05:34 AM »
Yeah the phishing has stepped up hardcore, and I'm seeing a lot of victims complaining on facebook with "I followed your link that you sent me and now I can't login!" I had sort of a facepalm moment.

Vylin

• Mains Are For Casuals
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 06:21:25 AM »
I was reading about some others getting these emails on MMO-Champion this morning as well.
SWTOR Characters: Republic - Zerana, Hedrak, Joanna, Delmond; Empire - Destro, Entropi, Pennance, Purgatori

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 11:15:06 AM »
I got two emails then they stopped. I went (independently) and changed some of my info just to be on the safe side. I'm still having no trouble logging in and playing, it'll be ideal with the trading post is up and grouping with overflow is smoothed out but the servers have stayed  up which is a big plus.

Aviel

• Feral Cat Mistress
  • Three Rivers Member
  • Master of the Kitty-Fu
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 01:22:48 PM »
Even I did and I haven't played Guild Wars in 5 years. I got 2, back to back. I don't even remember my password.

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 07:31:43 PM »
it's stunning to me how many people still click on things that appear in their email that they know they didn't initiate

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 06:54:38 AM »
it's stunning to me how many people still click on things that appear in their email that they know they didn't initiate

It often stuns me at 4 AM when our outgoing mail queue hits 2k messages originating from all over Europe. Then the customers come in and are surprised we disabled their accounts.
o/\o

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 04:31:12 AM »
I received a pair of messages indicating someone changed the e-mail address on my Guild Wars 2 account.

Hmm. GW and GW2 are PC-only, and I'm one of those foolish Mac users. I've never had a GW2 account.

Still, it's probably legit, right? I should click on that link! I'm sure everything will be OK.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Aviel

• Feral Cat Mistress
  • Three Rivers Member
  • Master of the Kitty-Fu
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 11:51:12 AM »
I cannot log into Guild Wars. It claims my PW is wrong and when I try to reset my password it says this service is temporarily unavailable. Gwyd finally has the game and I cannot even log into to finally play. :(

AdmiralShardy

• Ahoy!
  • Cupcakes Member
    • Twitter Account
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 04:35:12 PM »
Doesn't look like you've been hacked. You're still in the guild, logged out in a low-level area, and I have no spam from you.  Put in a support ticket here and they can help you reset your password.
Admiral Shardrell, Retired Nelfy Pirate
Julia Cappo, Active Guild Wars 2 Pirate.  I like pirates.
Twitter: @BeckyCFreelance

Aviel

• Feral Cat Mistress
  • Three Rivers Member
  • Master of the Kitty-Fu
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 08:32:57 AM »
I went into the website, used my serial numbers to reset the password. I dunn what happened.

Glognar

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 05:55:40 PM »
... GW and GW2 are PC-only...

GW2 has Mac version (although using Cider, so not purely native).

Glog
WoW: Glognar - 110 Hunter GW2: Kohllina - 80 Silvari Ranger, Galveg - 14 Norn Engineer

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 06:52:10 PM »
... GW and GW2 are PC-only...

GW2 has Mac version (although using Cider, so not purely native).

Glog

To be fair he posted that before they had the mac client beta available :)

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 10:57:05 AM »
After being badly burned on the Witcher 2 and Half-Life 2 Mac ports on Steam, I feel no impulse to try out the Guild Wars Mac ports, especially if they're using a emulator.

I hope I'm not contributing to topic drift or anything. I feel as bad as a spammer trying to capture a password through a phishing e-mail.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Thanamira

• Bunny Champion
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 12:23:22 PM »
Fwiw, I'm at level 21, and have encountered zero glitches, with settings cranked to Best Appearance.  (New 2012 iMac.)
Thanamira (110 arcane maga), Reonna (110 prot warrior), Gaillardia (100 eventual resto druid)