Author Topic: Guild Wars 2 Contact List and Useful Stuff  (Read 4106 times)

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
Re: Guild Wars 2 Contact List and Useful Stuff
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2013, 07:51:33 AM »
FF XIV IS looking surprisingly good after their overhaul, I may have to re-up my subscription to tinker. It's getting some well deserved buzz.

Periastron

• Guild Agitator :)
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2013, 11:35:24 AM »
I've been been testing FF14: ARR since alpha and it really is a different game now... more like a Western MMO with most of the modern conveniences.  There's a fear that it has maybe gone a bit too "WoW-style"; however, I will reserve judgement until I've had a chance to see what lies beyond the first 20 levels.  If the game eventually ends up with a similar diversity of endgame content to what FFXI has, I won't complain.

Chulo and I will likely end up on the Hyperion server, with some FFXI acquaintances.  I have a Gladiator from 1.0, but I never did get very far with her, and so I'm just as likely to restart from scratch.

-- Peri
GW2 Tag: Periastron.7302; Server: Jade Quarry

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2013, 04:27:12 PM »
Yeah I beta tested pre-ARR and I've dipped in and out throughout the ARR testing and I've been impressed with the changes. They've done a good job of keeping the Final Fantasy flavor but making the gameplay more interesting and approachable. Like you said I'm interested to see if they're able to carry that through to the end game.

I'm also super excited about Wildstar but Wildstar won't be ready for a while so I have time to tinker elsewhere.

Hjorolf

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2013, 06:03:54 PM »
I've been playing during the trial week. Enjoying it mostly, but I'm not sure yet if I'm going to stick with it- I have a pretty extensive backlog of SP games and have been gradually losing interest in MMOs. (I don't even play LOTRO, though I have a lifetime account.)

Account is hjorolf.####. Currently playing as Vagnan on Fort Aspenwood.