Author Topic: 5.0.x stuff  (Read 7984 times)

Marco

  • Three Rivers Member
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 6676
5.0.x stuff
« on: August 20, 2012, 06:56:22 PM »
5.0.x is scheduled for August 28, if you missed it.

Blizzard has published details on currency conversion.  This post leaves me a bit confused about caps for justice and honor; they say explicitly that there will be no hard cap on justice/honor on August 28, and then they don't mention anything about caps after that.  So those caps may be gone forever.  However, there will be new caps on valor (3000) and conquest (4000) as well as the weekly 1000 valor cap.

Leahnidas

  • Guest
Re: 5.0.x stuff
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 07:36:36 PM »
I was never really clear as to why there was a hard cap on JP/HP, especially since there wasn't a weekly cap to go with it. You could earn as much JP/HP in a given day/week/whatever as you wanted, so long as you spent some of it so as not to lose the next batch to the cap. Seeing as how those currencies were basically used for catch-up gear (outside of first tier of raiding/pvp), having a cap makes no sense. So if it's gone for good, good riddance, I say.

**andius

  • Cupcakes Member
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 902
Re: 5.0.x stuff
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 08:12:24 AM »
They are recapping for honor points when MoP comes out so I should assume the same for Justice points.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 10:09:25 AM by **andius »
Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 110),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 110)

Marco

  • Three Rivers Member
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 6676
Re: 5.0.x stuff
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 10:54:27 AM »
There's a followup to the blue post I linked to, saying that honor and justice will be capped at 4000 on September 25, with a conversion rate of 35 silver per point.  Between August 28 and September 25, there will be no honor or justice cap (so even if you're over the cap, you can continue earning points, which will then be converted into gold if you don't spend them).

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/233093-reward-currencies-conversions-504-you/

ETA: Corection, 35 silver per point for excess honor, 47 silver per point for excess justice.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 05:08:16 PM by Marco »

Snique

  • Cupcakes Member
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1890
Re: 5.0.x stuff
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 05:43:11 AM »
Assuming you've bought all the BOE gear you can get for points already, what is there to do with the thousands of excess points I have sitting around?

Marco

  • Three Rivers Member
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 6676
Re: 5.0.x stuff
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 06:58:53 AM »
Once you're done buying gear for yourself, the only sink I'm aware of is to buy BOE gear (boots and wrists at the moment) and sell it on the AH.  You may not be able to get more than 47 silver per point that way any more, though.  A few weeks ago I was able to get amounts varying between 1000g and 5000g per piece, but that was before the release date announcement.


Marco

  • Three Rivers Member
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 6676
Re: 5.0.x stuff
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 11:06:16 AM »
5.0.4 will nuke your logs directory.  Save any combat and chat logs you care about.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/233540-save-your-chat-logs/

Marco

  • Three Rivers Member
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 6676
Re: 5.0.x stuff
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 06:20:54 AM »
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/233696-known-issue-master-looter-in-raids/

"Under certain conditions" (which generally means "all the time"), master looters in raids can't assign loot to raid members outside their party.  You can shuffle someone into your party and assign loot to them, or you can assign a BOP item to yourself and trade it.

Snique

  • Cupcakes Member
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1890
Re: 5.0.x stuff
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 09:24:45 AM »
Going to thread-jack this for patch day stuff; if people object mods feel free to fork it or I'll start a new thread.

Patching: starts with "optimizing files".  This hangs, or appears to hang.  If it seems to be stuck at 0% or 1% for more than 15-20 minutes, kill the launcher and restart it with right-click and "run as administrator".  The usual caveats about firewalls and security software apply here.

The %-o-meter is crap.  After taking 15 minutes to move off 0%, mine spent another 10 minutes at 1% and finished the other 99% in under 10 minutes.

Lots of add-on authors appear to have updates out, but a lot do not.
Nothing new from: Altoholic, Archy, Auctionator, Clique or NeedToKnow.

Auctioneer (and its ilk) have 5.14 branch that is labeled development, but is also said to be stable. It's not up on curse.

As of 1:20PM Eastern there is no ETA on server uptime.

**andius

  • Cupcakes Member
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 902
Re: 5.0.x stuff
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 10:49:45 AM »
Going to thread-jack this for patch day stuff; if people object mods feel free to fork it or I'll start a new thread.

Patching: starts with "optimizing files".  This hangs, or appears to hang.  If it seems to be stuck at 0% or 1% for more than 15-20 minutes, kill the launcher and restart it with right-click and "run as administrator".  The usual caveats about firewalls and security software apply here.

The %-o-meter is crap.  After taking 15 minutes to move off 0%, mine spent another 10 minutes at 1% and finished the other 99% in under 10 minutes.

Lots of add-on authors appear to have updates out, but a lot do not.
Nothing new from: Altoholic, Archy, Auctionator, Clique or NeedToKnow.

Auctioneer (and its ilk) have 5.14 branch that is labeled development, but is also said to be stable. It's not up on curse.

As of 1:20PM Eastern there is no ETA on server uptime.
At 45 minutes ago they posted

We are continuing to work on updating all servers with Patch 5.0.4 and will be extending the scheduled maintenance by approximately two hours. We anticipate all realms will be available for play at 1:00 p.m. PDT.
Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 110),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 110)

jsoh

  • Three Rivers Member
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 2741
Re: 5.0.x stuff
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 11:12:55 AM »
I wonder why they bother providing ETAs on patch days anymore.

"We are upgrading all realms with patch 5.0.4 today. All realms will be unavailable indefinitely"

Tweed

  • Three Rivers Member
  • Cupcakes Member
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1564
  • Energy. Power. My people are addicted to it.
Re: 5.0.x stuff
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 11:30:19 AM »
I wonder why they bother providing ETAs on patch days anymore.

"We are upgrading all realms with patch 5.0.4 today. All realms will be unavailable indefinitely"

"We are upgrading all realms with patch 5.0.4 today.  All realms will be unavailable until they are not."

Marco

  • Three Rivers Member
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 6676
Re: 5.0.x stuff
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 01:45:17 PM »
Servers are up, fifteen minutes ahead of an hour behind an hour behind two hours behind schedule.

Edalia

  • Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4134
Re: 5.0.x stuff
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 01:56:24 PM »
Servers are up, fifteen minutes ahead of an hour behind an hour behind two hours behind schedule.

Time Til Down: 2 hours.
o/\o

jsoh

  • Three Rivers Member
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 2741
Re: 5.0.x stuff
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 08:59:51 PM »
Things Not Immediately Obvious That I Didn't See In Writeups (inscription division)

* While the inscription trainer will be more than happy to teach you a butt-load of glyphs now (mostly monk ones, but some others), apparently there are a bunch of glyphs per class which are only trainable once MoP launches. So all you people who want the Glyph of Bladed Judgement (and who doesnt?) will have to wait a month.

* The ink trader now only accepts MoP inks in exchange for other types. Which means making new glyphs just got a bit more annoying.