Author Topic: Guild Wars 2 - Who's Planning to Play?  (Read 6240 times)

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
Re: Guild Wars 2 - Who's Planning to Play?
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2012, 08:34:54 AM »
Also a note here in case you didn't see in the contact list. There is a guild you can join if you want, it's mostly dissonance folk and related friends but they're all nice adult gamer types who probably would have ended up on these boards except they played horde and didn't :) There's about 20ish people in guild right now, a decent portion of them are interested in WvWvW pvp and you'll probably see them hanging about vent pretty regularly for that reason.

Anyone is welcome to an invite just holler at me. I've already abducted Ungrimmar.

Guild name is: Chaotic Agents of Terror (CAT)

Also of note: you can be in more than one guild, so you have options!

Kharvek

• Adjective Noun Moderator
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2012, 10:59:27 AM »
Is it possible to play on two different servers?  It seems like you need to pick one and stick with it....which really sucks since I"m playing on Henge of Denravi to play with work people but also wanna play with you guys...and it appears I can't have characters on both.

Periastron

• Guild Agitator :)
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2012, 12:34:37 PM »
This is not possible*.  All of your characters are bound to one server.  However:

Quote from: ArenaNet
In time, we’ll also introduce free “guesting,” which will allow players to visit other worlds as guests as long as they have friends on those worlds. This feature will be free, but guest players will not be able to enter World vs. World, and the Power of the Mists bonuses from their home world will continue to apply to their characters.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-world-of-choice-the-regions-of-guild-wars-2

No timetable for this has been given yet.

* Server transfers are free and unlimited for the time being, so you can move around that way; however, you run the risk of being stranded on a server with no way to get back, if your original server hits "Full" status while you're away.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 12:36:37 PM by Periastron »
GW2 Tag: Periastron.7302; Server: Jade Quarry

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2012, 01:26:21 PM »
Yeah there will eventually be the guesting feature and you can belong to guilds cross-server as well. So it'll open up over time. I think they probably want to get past launch and let the populations settle before they tackle opening up guesting.

Kharvek

« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2012, 02:29:55 PM »
Well that sucks.  Guess I won't see any of you guys unless someone wants to hang out on the totally sweet Henge of Denravi server.  It's so cool.  There's barely any Asura players and that jerk Wren isn't there!

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2012, 05:33:21 PM »
Please be kind :(

Also you should post your contact info anyway (if you didn't already, I haven't checked) And if you want a guild invite so you can chat when you're not with your big fancy work friends you're welcome to one.

Kharvek

« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2012, 07:57:22 PM »
I'm Vanderhuge.7819 and I'm on the Henge of Denravi server.

Is there any kinda cross-server communication allowed at all?

.....and it's okay Wren.  It's just my anger coming out that I realized I can't hang with both groups of people I wanna play with.

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2012, 08:44:55 PM »
yep you can talk to folks, it's much like battlenet. In fact we're talking RIGHT NOW.

Kharvek

« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2012, 10:04:33 PM »
We totally did talk.  And we're also in the same guild...AND I AM NOT ON YOUR SERVER.  I can be your guild rep over on Denravi.

Vylin

• Mains Are For Casuals
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2012, 04:18:28 AM »
I got sucked into the PvP scene last night and it was awesome. I didn't play long, but it was a lot of fun to see how fast paced and quick the matches go. It reminds me a lot of Counter-Strike, and I especially like that once the match is over, you are loaded into a new match and can just deathmatch in your current match. I have a feeling I will be doing this style of gameplay the most, as I can just log in and do a few matches, then split.

Another cool aspect (aside from FINALLY having gear normalization) is that every "level up" in PvP, you get a treasure chest that has a few PvP items you can add to your collection. These are purely cosmetic and looking at the list there are hundreds of them. And the best part...the collection is accessable to any of your other characters. So even if you are a Light Armor class and you get some Heavy Armor items, your Heavy Armor class can go to the PvP Locker and pick up the skins.

Anyways, I'll look to join CAT this evening when I get on. =)
SWTOR Characters: Republic - Zerana, Hedrak, Joanna, Delmond; Empire - Destro, Entropi, Pennance, Purgatori

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2012, 05:18:25 AM »
OK. I'll check for you when I login too :)

There's about 30 folks in guild at this point, as I said before it's mixture of Diss folk and their related friends. And with the addition of Kharvek we're becoming strangely well-rounded in representing different game studios.
So far we have EA, Ubisoft and now Volition.

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2012, 12:59:01 AM »

Vylin

• Mains Are For Casuals
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2012, 07:10:11 AM »
Really thorough overview of the game:

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/bt/aj/ajsreview/36459-angry-reviews-guild-wars-2

Its Angry Joe's review which can also be found here (so he gets YouTube view credits): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax-_06Acj8Y

I really enjoy his game reviews, and he usually has pretty good judgments on games. For hilarity look at his "Top 32 Reasons Fable 3 Sucks". =)
SWTOR Characters: Republic - Zerana, Hedrak, Joanna, Delmond; Empire - Destro, Entropi, Pennance, Purgatori

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod