Author Topic: Guild Wars 2 - Who's Planning to Play?  (Read 6334 times)

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
Guild Wars 2 - Who's Planning to Play?
« on: July 23, 2012, 08:51:11 AM »
Just starting a new thread now that beta is over and launch is in about a month. Anyone else have plans to play? The fun I had in beta combined with no monthly subscription pretty much guarantees I will be playing, there are also a small group of Dissonance folks already in the pre-purchase camp so I'm putting out the feelers since we'll probably create a guild so everyone has buddies to talk to. (and that extends to anyone here who is interested).

Kharvek

• Adjective Noun Moderator
Re: Guild Wars 2 - Who's Planning to Play?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 08:56:39 AM »
I'm probably gonna play.  Maybe not at launch but the no subscription fee part is pretty much a guarantee I grab this at some point.  The other guarantee is I will never, ever, ever have one of those creepy ass things as a character.  Good lord. 

Varyl

• Jedi Archivist
  • Cupcakes Member
    • Varyl's Home
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 09:54:11 AM »
I have it pre-ordered. I'll be on as soon as the early access starts.

Kharvek

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 09:59:44 AM »
I just noticed this thing is coming our pretty close to Borderlands 2.  I'll probably grab this once I'm done thoroughly cracking out on Borderlands.

Vylin

• Mains Are For Casuals
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 10:11:40 AM »
I have a copy pre-ordered and will be playing this when it comes out next month. I will probably be one of the creepy looking rats! >: )
SWTOR Characters: Republic - Zerana, Hedrak, Joanna, Delmond; Empire - Destro, Entropi, Pennance, Purgatori

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 10:19:34 AM »
We decided they are gnome-goblin hybrids or gnomblins. I'm going to organize an all Asura fan-club to follow Kharvek's character around.

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 12:40:47 PM »

Vylin

• Mains Are For Casuals
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 12:49:31 PM »
We decided they are gnome-goblin hybrids or gnomblins. I'm going to organize an all Asura fan-club to follow Kharvek's character around.

We can constantly tug on his coat tails to inform of of how wrong he is, and then call him a Bookah.
SWTOR Characters: Republic - Zerana, Hedrak, Joanna, Delmond; Empire - Destro, Entropi, Pennance, Purgatori

Kharvek

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 01:58:24 PM »
Ya'll are assholes.

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 12:27:26 PM »
http://kotaku.com/5928822/one-of-the-designers-of-guild-wars-2-is-answering-your-questions-right-now

Some really good info coming out of this.
One quote I noticed that goes back a little to what Snique asked

The world is pretty big. Players have only seen a fraction of the number of maps that will be in at launch. There's also 7 dungeons that we haven't shown yet, either.

Also for what it's worth it looks like the Dissonance folks are landing on Yak's Bend for server choice. Tarnished Coast is the unofficial RP server. Fort Aspenwood is the Penny Arcade server. (There's a list of community choices by server I'll remember to link it eventually)

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 05:52:57 AM »
Are people planning to play GW2 instead of WoW or in addition?  I find myself wholly unenthusiastic about Pandaria but may go there out of inertia alone. Nothing else has captured my social interest.

Vylin

• Mains Are For Casuals
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 07:46:17 AM »
I lost interest in WoW awhile back, but depending on how good GW2 is I might cancel my SWTOR account. Basically, if GW2 does the things I enjoy (PvP) better than what I'm currently playing, then it would be silly to continue with the latter.

That being said, I know most all of the Cupcakers are big Raiders, so I doubt GW2 will scratch that particular itch well. But its really easy to justify playing both since only 1 has a monthly fee.

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 08:56:02 AM »
I'm finding myself totally uninterested in the new expansion, I just can't work up excitement about another expansion of the same but slightly different.

I'll most likely be playing GW2 and a little Secret World on the side.

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 04:57:41 AM »

Kharvek

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2012, 10:56:28 AM »
Oh my god why.  So creepy.