Author Topic: Huttball  (Read 2403 times)

Aviel

• Feral Cat Mistress
  • Master of the Kitty-Fu
Huttball
« on: January 19, 2012, 08:08:06 AM »
I love it! I am sure the announcer must get annoying eventually but I found it to be a really cool touch. The team names make me giggle too. I was top healer, but I was the only one healing others, so that was a gimmie.

Andy

• Infraction Champions Member
  • Tanking mandatory, spanking optional.
Re: Huttball
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 01:56:34 PM »
The announcer is very annoying after the first couple of matches.

Fun discoveries:
- If the score is 6-0, the game ends. I'm guessing the limit is 6 no matter what the other score is, but my team was terrible.
- Throwing the ball is a major pain in the ass and a clunky mechanic but pretty much the best way to move the ball. Now, if only the other people on the team knew about that...
-  Group queueing is alive and well and means you're going to get mumped.

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 06:33:08 PM »
I haven't tried this in a while but back closer to launch it was great fun

Vylin

• Mains Are For Casuals
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 04:31:46 AM »
As Imperial, 75% of the games are Huttball. Most PUGs are basically Huttball professionals.

Some other fun things to note, tanks with a "death grip" (specifically Assassin/Shadow Tanks) can save a bunch of time by chilling out in the enemy base and pulling the ballcarrier up to them.

The easiest and fastest way to score is for a Juggernaut to jump into the enemy Pit and then leap up to an opposing player on their ledge (or be gripped up).

When there is a ball carrier, move ahead of them and get just past a hazard.

Stealth players can not catch a ball.

Also, I love Huttball. =)
SWTOR Characters: Republic - Zerana, Hedrak, Joanna, Delmond; Empire - Destro, Entropi, Pennance, Purgatori