Author Topic: Stuff You Wish Other Classes Knew About You  (Read 953 times)

Thanamira

• Bunny Champion
  • Cupcakes Member
Stuff You Wish Other Classes Knew About You
« on: January 18, 2012, 06:51:50 PM »
Since I started with my JC-Shadow tank, I thought the "knock stuff away from you" move was great: take less damage, right?

Except now I'm playing my JK-Sentinel dps, and realizing, oh wait, every few minutes, we build up enough resources to enable Cheat Mode, which lets us attack two mobs at the same time for a short time.

I don't know much about smugglers and I don't know crap about troopers, so if there's stuff that other people do that cramps your style, please drop a note here.  :)
Thanamira (110 arcane maga), Reonna (110 prot warrior), Gaillardia (100 eventual resto druid)

Vylin

• Mains Are For Casuals
  • Cupcakes Member
Re: Stuff You Wish Other Classes Knew About You
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 04:36:29 AM »
Except now I'm playing my JK-Sentinel dps, and realizing, oh wait, every few minutes, we build up enough resources to enable Cheat Mode, which lets us attack two mobs at the same time for a short time.

That is spec dependant. Each tree uses a different stance which leads to different benefits when you pop Zen. As a Watchmen (the spec I recommend for...everything) you use Juyo Form and Centering builds up within a single rotation and can be used to make DoTs be instant crits...which heal you for 2% of your health per crit.
SWTOR Characters: Republic - Zerana, Hedrak, Joanna, Delmond; Empire - Destro, Entropi, Pennance, Purgatori

Kharvek

• Adjective Noun Moderator
Re: Stuff You Wish Other Classes Knew About You
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 09:02:28 AM »
The knockback was annoying for me too.  With so many mobs in this game ranged, knocking them out of a cluster means most AoE doesn't work.