Author Topic: Spoilers for end of Trooper Act 2 [assigning companions]  (Read 8008 times)

Honorata

• Your Own Personal Eeyore
  • Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
Spoilers for end of Trooper Act 2 [assigning companions]
« on: January 13, 2012, 01:29:42 PM »
At the end of Act 2, you will assign two of three available members of Havoc Squad to a dangerous sub-mission on the bridge of the ship while you and Yuun and Vik are sabotaging the Gauntlet. One of the two you assign to the bridge mission will be seriously injured and will be unavailable for play for a minimum of several hours after the fight.

As far as I can tell this is pre-scripted and based only on whom you choose to send to the bridge. Here is who gets hurt for all possible assignments:

Forex & Jorgan: Jorgan is injured
Forex & Dorne: Dorne is injured
Jorgan & Dorne: Dorne is injured
WoW: Keana | Neraati | Honorata | Coriandra | Naian
Discord: Honorata#8760

Gellin

• Master Waffler
  • CotRR Moderator
Re: Spoilers for end of Trooper Act 2 [assigning companions]
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 07:21:07 AM »
At the end of Act 2, you will assign two of three available members of Havoc Squad to a dangerous sub-mission on the bridge of the ship while you and Yuun and Vik are sabotaging the Gauntlet. One of the two you assign to the bridge mission will be seriously injured and will be unavailable for play for a minimum of several hours after the fight.

As far as I can tell this is pre-scripted and based only on whom you choose to send to the bridge. Here is who gets hurt for all possible assignments:

Forex & Jorgan: Jorgan is injured
Forex & Dorne: Dorne is injured
Jorgan & Dorne: Dorne is injured
Yeah but be careful in that for some reason when this happened. My game went super buggy. I couldn't talk to companions in my ship until the story missions got resolved cause they would be in the wrong spot on my ship. Also I fell through the ship once and my companion did too in that mission and died :/. On a final note, you don't get this companion back for 2-3 "story" worlds so easily a couple hours if not more. Just a heads up since this is already a "spoiler" thread. This hurt me a lot since Dorne is your only healing companion and I had gone back to gunnery at this point.
Current addictions ... Bioshock Infinite, Starcraft 2 and Mass Effect 3 (Single and Multiplayer).

Honorata

• Your Own Personal Eeyore
  • Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 11:08:59 AM »
I got Dorne back about 14 (real time) hours/2+ in-game hours after completing the R&R on The Fleet, and the quest for her to come back didn't show up until after I completed the introduction questline to Act 3. I don't know if you have to do the introduction to Act 3 to get your companion back or if that's just how the timing worked out for me. I know you do have to do the R&R quest to get them back though.

But yeah, if you rely heavily on Dorne to quest, DO NOT send her to the bridge.
WoW: Keana | Neraati | Honorata | Coriandra | Naian
Discord: Honorata#8760

Leahnidas

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 11:55:37 AM »
Did this on my Trooper today and I'm very glad for the heads up because I have geared and relied on Jorgan quite a bit as super dps so I would've hated to lose him. I'm spec'd heals so losing Dorne doesn't hurt so much and may even provide a decent romance option, who knows?

As an aside, I was very underwhelmed by this end to Act 2. I won't spoil anything but especially compared to Act 1, this was a major letdown. Granted, the idea behind what's going on is epic and could've made for an epic story on TV or something but it was just very boring and felt like any other quest, imo.