Author Topic: Jedi Consular - Sage  (Read 929 times)

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
Jedi Consular - Sage
« on: December 20, 2011, 11:44:35 AM »
Sort of an early overview, Lianali (my sage) is currently level 16 and I haven't ventured into any flashpoints as a healer yet although I've done one or two group quests.

Healing: So far there are two main healing spells, a "bubble" and a cooldown that resets your stun and does a HoT to your entire party. And of course the usual resurrection spells.

Damage: In addition to lightsaber melee attacks you have two abilities to hurl projectiles at your enemy, two abilities to throw a wave or burst of force at your enemies (one knocks everyone in a circle around you away), two abilities that squish the mind and leave a DoT (an instant and a 3sec cast).

Then you get a bucket of utility abilities: a ranged stun, the ability to remove movement impairment, a force lift crowd control and a sprint.

So far the sage has been very fun to play although I'm currently feeling a little overwhelmed by choices. I feel like currently while soloing you have a lot of options for how to get things done. Whether that's jumping into the middle of things and hurling projectiles and swinging your lightsaber or standing back and keeping your companion healed while you use a few well places "spells" is really up to what you prefer.

Thanamira

• Bunny Champion
  • Cupcakes Member
Re: Jedi Consular - Sage
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 05:07:42 PM »
FYI, I think all those abilities are JC skills except for the healing spells -- Thana, as a Shadow, has them as well.

From the sound of it, the Shadow-specific skills we get are Stealth and a backstab.
Thanamira (110 arcane maga), Reonna (110 prot warrior), Gaillardia (100 eventual resto druid)

Varyl

• Jedi Archivist
  • Cupcakes Member
    • Varyl's Home
Re: Jedi Consular - Sage
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 09:27:06 PM »
Thus far my Sage has been my primary character. Only level 20 at the moment though due to alt-itis already.

I love my Sage, but I am disappointed in the lack of healing abilities. I'm heal-spec, but I only really have two heal abilities, and no AoE heal except the Companion-only one.

it appears the only AoE heal is the one at the very top of the talent tree. So that'll be a long time coming.