Author Topic: Commendations revue  (Read 1794 times)

Thanamira

• Bunny Champion
Commendations revue
« on: December 19, 2011, 12:43:43 PM »
(I'm not sure if this belongs here or in General.)

TYTHON

You only need 8, at which point, you get a new chest.  I got mine basically as I caught the ship out of the zone, so it's more a parting gift.  There's a vendor in the Temple cantina, and there's a vendor in the quest hub east of the Temple (the first one you get sent to).  I haven't doublechecked that the vendors have exactly the same thing or not.

CORUSCANT

A lot of the cool stuff opens up at 16: I got a very shiny new lightsaber at 16.  That said, almost everything else available, I had better.

When I was levelling up, I was wondering: take the upgrade, or take the commendation?  My recommendation would be "take the upgrade".  You can cash out commendations by buying lockboxes.

The vendors are in the west wing of Vendor Alley (the below-ground vendor area near the Senate tower), in the most southwest niche.  Note that the guy in the center-back sells weapons which, at least for a Shadow, are not as cool as the weapon vendor standing behind the east counter.  I'm pretty sure there are vendors up in the Fleet, but I haven't explored there.
Thanamira (110 arcane maga), Reonna (110 prot warrior), Gaillardia (100 eventual resto druid)

Hjorolf

• Cupcakes Member
Re: Commendations revue
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 12:53:30 PM »
Ord Mantell is similar- 8 for a medium or heavy chest that comes similarly late in the questline. The vendor is in the group of vendors by the fort's speeder platform.

I replaced mine with an upgradable chest fairly quickly on Coruscant; I think it was a quest reward.

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 01:17:56 PM »
It looks like commendation vendors for every location can also be found in the Supply sector of the fleet in the lower level.

Jeir

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 09:54:24 AM »
Had heard you could trade in lower level commendations for the next planet's commendations at a certain conversion rate. 

Does anyone know if this is true?  Have not looked into it yet.

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 11:18:56 AM »
I haven't found where that can be done yet but it'd be nice if possible.

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 11:22:27 AM »
Oh also it's worth noting for Coruscant commendations that not only can you get upgraded items but you can get upgrades for modifications for your items. So don't forget that!

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 08:27:40 AM »
If you have a lot of leftover commendations that you never spent on mods/upgrades in an old zone, there are also lockboxes you can buy with the commendations.
WoW: Keana | Neraati | Honorata | Coriandra | Naian
Discord: Honorata#8760

Vylin

• Mains Are For Casuals
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 10:28:49 AM »
I have found it useful to purchase Equipment Mods with the Commendation, specifically Blue Quality Lightsaber Hilts that increase the damage range. Its fairly cheap to do, and most of the gear didn't appeal to me.
SWTOR Characters: Republic - Zerana, Hedrak, Joanna, Delmond; Empire - Destro, Entropi, Pennance, Purgatori

Gwyddyon

• The Fired Lord
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 06:40:51 AM »
Yes, hilts and barrels determine the damage range of your weapon and so are the most effective way to upgrade, I think. In terms of armor, the Armor Enhancement mods up the armor value of your armor (and based on the armor type and body slot, a multiplier is applied); mods often give more stats, and are cheaper, so if you don't care about armor rating (ie are not a tank) it might be more useful to focus on those first. It's the 3rd slot that seems the hardest to come by; I haven't seen any commendations merchants yet that sell them--I think only artificers can make them, or treasure hunters find them.
Gwyddyon | Gwyllow | Gwyah | Gwystal | Eckhardt | Gwymbulvetr | Tethys | Gwynyang | Gwyabolic | Gwynchester

ghoselle

• Three Rivers Moderator
    • Three Rivers
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 07:09:01 AM »
As a minor subtlety for those of us who do tank.  If you are trying to maximize armor, the head, chest, and leg slots have more armor than the other slots.  So if you have a limited number of armor patches they are often good first choices for upgrade, since you will get more armor for your buck.

Gwyddyon

• The Fired Lord
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 07:19:51 AM »
Yeah, I was surprised that my delicate silver headband had as much armor as my chest piece and far more than say, my boots.
Gwyddyon | Gwyllow | Gwyah | Gwystal | Eckhardt | Gwymbulvetr | Tethys | Gwynyang | Gwyabolic | Gwynchester