Author Topic: Slicing  (Read 2667 times)

Thanamira

• Bunny Champion
Re: Slicing
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 01:09:37 PM »
Recorded more runs.  Now averaging 434 credits/run/companion (up from 385).  Not having failures really helps.  :)
Thanamira (110 arcane maga), Reonna (110 prot warrior), Gaillardia (100 eventual resto druid)

Aviel

• Feral Cat Mistress
  • Master of the Kitty-Fu
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 03:24:39 PM »
Ever since the last big update my C2-N2's failure rate has sky rocketed. Very frustrating. Even when I send him on a grey or green level mission.

Vylin

• Mains Are For Casuals
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 04:14:27 AM »
The thing that kills me about Slicing is when I take a speeder between hubs and see all that free money just laying on the ground with no one taking it!
SWTOR Characters: Republic - Zerana, Hedrak, Joanna, Delmond; Empire - Destro, Entropi, Pennance, Purgatori

Thanamira

• Bunny Champion
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 05:12:53 AM »
Ever since the last big update my C2-N2's failure rate has sky rocketed. Very frustrating. Even when I send him on a grey or green level mission.

I presume that that's just a case of "RNG is random".  The way it manifests for me is that on discovered missions, my first companion (Qyzen or Corso) usually fails.
Thanamira (110 arcane maga), Reonna (110 prot warrior), Gaillardia (100 eventual resto druid)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2012, 12:33:51 PM »
Since 1.1 came out this morning, slicing mission payouts seem substantially improved, and I've seen similar noises on the forums and in guild chat.  There hasn't really been time to collect data yet (and I don't have the patience to collect even individual data), but I'm guessing the mission payout averages more like 60 credits per minute per companion now, up from 20.

I don't believe this was mentioned in the patch notes, so it could be a mistake--the hotfix to nerf slicing could have been accidentally not applied to the 1.1 branch.  We'll see.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2012, 01:02:03 PM »
Yeah, looks like slicing was nerfed again today, based on forum discussion (and my own experience, but only ~6 data points).  Some people think it was nerfed worse than before, but I suspect that's just RNG.

So, the backoff was probably just a release engineering mistake.