Author Topic: We have a server..YAY  (Read 2361 times)

Razov

• MKFL
  • Cupcakes Mod
We have a server..YAY
« on: December 12, 2011, 10:09:57 AM »
Shattered Moon
# Allegiance to: The Galactic Republic
# Server: Lord Adraas
# English, US East (EST)

Its RP

It was on the guild website i happen to be checking a half hour ago. tho it doesn't say if its RP, PVE, or PVP. But still yay for a home.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 10:29:30 AM by Razov »
Because he thought it was good sport. Because some gnomes aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some gnomes just want to watch the world burn.

Periastron

• Guild Agitator :)
  • Cupcakes Member
Re: We have a server..YAY
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 10:41:54 AM »
Oh... it's RP, all right.

I did not know this before today, but apparently there is an organized group of SWTOR RPers, operating out of http://swtor-rp.com/.  This is not a single guild; rather, it is more like an association of RP guilds (some of which appear to have deep roots in the SWG community).  Apparently, they decided that come server assignment day, they'd tally up the servers to which the various member guilds had been assigned, and then select the one with the most guilds as the "superserver" for their group.  The guilds that ended up on a different server are all expected to migrate to the superserver.  There will be separate superservers for PvP vs. PvE, and NA vs. EU., so I guess four in all.

Guess which server ended up getting selected as the NA RP-PvE superserver by these people?

That's right... ours.

I don't know whether this is good news or bad news.  It is always good to have a vigourous population, and while I am not at all dismayed by the prospect of sharing a server with a bunch of dedicated role players, I am more than a little concerned that the sudden appearance of some 30+ extra unplanned-for guilds on Lord Adraas, comprising approximately 600+ additional players, is going to cause queueing nightmares for the rest of us.  I don't know how much slack capacity BioWare left on each server with their guild assignments.

Additional details here:

http://swtor-rp.com/forum/page/11/m/1639455/viewthread/1710927-us-rppve-superserver-guild-listing

Anyway, in the interest of avoiding complications, I think we should stand pat for now and see how things work out.  I think queues are likely to be ubiquitous in the opening weeks, anyway, so maybe we shouldn't panic--unless Lord Adraas turns out to be massively overpopulated, compared with the rest.
GW2 Tag: Periastron.7302; Server: Jade Quarry

Vylin

• Mains Are For Casuals
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 10:49:15 AM »
Uh oh...this sounds like the RP version of AIE!!!

Since I am lazy and not reading the article...does it mention whether they will be Republic or Empire?
SWTOR Characters: Republic - Zerana, Hedrak, Joanna, Delmond; Empire - Destro, Entropi, Pennance, Purgatori

Periastron

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 11:03:27 AM »
A mixture of both, I think.

Reading ahead, there is already some drama from a separate RP guild ring that did not feel included in the decision somehow, and will be staying put on another server.  That's possibly good news for us, as it would have brought another ~500 players our way.  :-\

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 11:07:13 AM »
Lord Adraas was not a nice guy:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Adraas

Oh well. The server's name isn't important. What's important is the quality of the people on it.

At least, that's what I'll keep telling myself.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Periastron

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 11:09:02 AM »
The above mentioned RP people are already informally referring to the server as "Lard Ass".

Razov

• MKFL
  • Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 11:14:13 AM »
i read through most of it. I found the drama at the end of it rather funny. But hey. less people to crowd the server so yay. Tho it isn't too hard to reform else where.
Because he thought it was good sport. Because some gnomes aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some gnomes just want to watch the world burn.

Vylin

• Mains Are For Casuals
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 12:08:30 PM »
I actually kinda dig having a server named "Lard Ass".
SWTOR Characters: Republic - Zerana, Hedrak, Joanna, Delmond; Empire - Destro, Entropi, Pennance, Purgatori

Gwyddyon

• The Fired Lord
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 01:24:14 PM »
If there's anyone who can create drama, it's roleplayers who take themselves too seriously.
Gwyddyon | Gwyllow | Gwyah | Gwystal | Eckhardt | Gwymbulvetr | Tethys | Gwynyang | Gwyabolic | Gwynchester

Aviel

• Feral Cat Mistress
  • Master of the Kitty-Fu
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 01:29:50 PM »
I like RP servers, they tend to have a better quality of people. I do not expext Shattered Moon people to RP in guild. I RP only when others do.
If Lard Ass turns out to be a poor choice we can move.

Razov

• MKFL
  • Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 02:32:14 PM »
the idea of being on a super populated server is sorta meh i don't care one way or another but having a nice quiet server to play Star wars on seems rather appealing. To me at least.

Periastron

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 09:18:19 PM »
If anyone gets on and wonders why I don't appear on the guild roster, it's because I decided I'd rather be a smuggler after all, and rerolled.  Unfortunately, the automatic guild thingy only works once, so I'll have to wait until one of the officers gets on, so that I can be invited back in.

Jenilea

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 04:02:49 AM »
If anyone gets on and wonders why I don't appear on the guild roster, it's because I decided I'd rather be a smuggler after all, and rerolled.  Unfortunately, the automatic guild thingy only works once, so I'll have to wait until one of the officers gets on, so that I can be invited back in.
Indeed, I was wondering where you went to. :)

Hotspur and another guildie have also started toons on our server and would like guild invites once officers get in. I have opened a "deadlycupcakes" channel for us to use in the meantime.
Jenilea - 110 Warlock, Dalae - 110 Monk, Lindi - 100 Priest, Wintergreen - 100 Paladin, Sunrayle - 100 Mage, Moonrayle - 100 Druid, Prasi - 100 Rogue, Valri - 100 Hunter, Zardi - 100 Shaman, Sindi - 100 Warrior, Xalvi - 100 Death Knight

Vylin

• Mains Are For Casuals
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 04:50:08 AM »
I didn't play much last night, and when I did it was after 10pm. I think the Early Access is a terrific idea because the starter zone is VERY manageable. I didn't have to fight for spawns or wait, but similarly I saw plenty of people running around and there were about 100 people still on the Planet Zone.

As for the "Lard Ass" Server, General Chat was somewhat bearable. It reminded me of ER General in that it wasn't super mature, but it was better than most. Basically I noticed it was filled with Star War Smarty Pants and people making "Arrow to the Knee" Skyrim jokes.

I'll also need an invite when someone with that ability gets in. I've gone ahead and made 4 Characters: Hedrak (Guardian), Zerana (Sentinel), Joanna (Commando), and Delmond (Gunslinger). I'll probably level Zerana first at least to level 30 for the Legacy unlock.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 04:52:29 AM by Vylin »

Periastron

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 07:18:37 AM »
Trust me, General chat on Lord Adraas is a veritable font of erudition, gentility, and wit, compared with the total cesspit that was General chat on Shawken Spire during the final test weekend.  I wanted to put the whole world on /ignore that weekend.  :(

I only made it as far as Level 7 after rerolling last night, but I hope to be off Ord Mantell sometime tonight.  As Vylin remarked, the population in the starter zones was very reasonable yesterday, especially if you remember what it was like during the big test weekend after Thanksgiving.

I will hook up with the chat channel tonight.