Author Topic: Republic thread for those interested in finding Cupcakers to play with  (Read 5777 times)

Periastron

• Guild Agitator :)
  • Cupcakes Member
Re: Republic thread for those interested in finding Cupcakers to play with
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2011, 03:10:48 PM »
Xemu was going to give it a go, so I've forwarded the guild information to him.
GW2 Tag: Periastron.7302; Server: Jade Quarry

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2011, 07:22:52 PM »
I've sent in my application as well, even though it will be a while before I get to SWTOR. I've still got my hopes (foolish to be sure) for a Mac version.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Celsia

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2011, 07:24:37 PM »
I don't have clear plans for when I would be able to get into the game, but I would like to be included, too, please. 

Jenilea

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2011, 07:31:05 PM »
I have sent in my application - Jindoran is my swtor name.
Jenilea - 110 Warlock, Dalae - 110 Monk, Lindi - 100 Priest, Wintergreen - 100 Paladin, Sunrayle - 100 Mage, Moonrayle - 100 Druid, Prasi - 100 Rogue, Valri - 100 Hunter, Zardi - 100 Shaman, Sindi - 100 Warrior, Xalvi - 100 Death Knight

Periastron

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2011, 09:17:58 PM »
Wow, look at all of these Consulars.  What advanced class/spec are people thinking of?  I was planning to go with a healy-spec Sage, but I may need to reconsider my class choice if we somehow end up healer-heavy.

Another note:  We need a minimum of four members with pre-orders signed up in the roster, in order to be eligible for guild deployment.  Right now, Shattered Moon is two short.  I know I account for one of the pre-orders, but I urge all interested players to get signed up as soon as possible, especially the ones who plan to be playing at launch.

Aviel

• Feral Cat Mistress
  • Master of the Kitty-Fu
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2011, 05:34:44 AM »
My hubby will be joining the guild with a pre-order very very soon. So that will help.

Periastron

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2011, 06:23:36 AM »
Woo! :)

Avi, I see that you have listed the "Marginal Reality" guild as an adversary.  You should be aware that we will likely not be placed on the same server, because we chose the "RP" server type for Shattered Moon, and Marginal Reality chose "PvE".  From the Allies and Adversaries page (emphasis BioWare's):

If your guild and its allies and adversaries all share the same server type and meet the guild import requirements, we'll do our best to put you all on the same game server at launch.  Finally, guilds that designate each other as Allies or Adversaries (i.e. reciprocated alignment) will also increase the likelihood of your guild and its aligned guilds being placed on the same server.

I'm not trying to be a nag; I'm just pointing out some things so that people won't be unpleasantly surprised later on.  :)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 07:07:14 AM by Periastron »

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2011, 07:29:15 AM »
I don't have clear plans for when I would be able to get into the game, but I would like to be included, too, please. 

Just to make it clear:

To sign up for the guild pre-launch, you have to visit the SWTOR site (http://www.swtor.com). Create an account; if you already have an Electronic Arts / Bioware account, I suggest you use the same e-mail address; you'll have a chance to change the password to make it more secure, since I assume hackers will target SWTOR the same way they target WoW.

Once you've gone through the verification process, you'll be able to login to the site. Visit the Guilds page, and search for Shattered Moon.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Gwyddyon

• The Fired Lord
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2011, 09:21:25 AM »
Hmm, what about <The Droids You're Looking For>.

There may likely be similar ones, but every single one will likely use 'your' instead, making them grammatical criminals...
Gwyddyon | Gwyllow | Gwyah | Gwystal | Eckhardt | Gwymbulvetr | Tethys | Gwynyang | Gwyabolic | Gwynchester

Aviel

• Feral Cat Mistress
  • Master of the Kitty-Fu
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2011, 11:22:24 AM »
Woo! :)

Avi, I see that you have listed the "Marginal Reality" guild as an adversary.  You should be aware that we will likely not be placed on the same server, because we chose the "RP" server type for Shattered Moon, and Marginal Reality chose "PvE".  From the Allies and Adversaries page (emphasis BioWare's):

If your guild and its allies and adversaries all share the same server type and meet the guild import requirements, we'll do our best to put you all on the same game server at launch.  Finally, guilds that designate each other as Allies or Adversaries (i.e. reciprocated alignment) will also increase the likelihood of your guild and its aligned guilds being placed on the same server.

I'm not trying to be a nag; I'm just pointing out some things so that people won't be unpleasantly surprised later on.  :)

Yea I saw that after I added them. It is Uan's guild she only has the one member, herself anyway. If she doesn't change the type we can delete them, but this helps me keep an eye on Marginal Reality anyway. ^_^

Thanamira

• Bunny Champion
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2011, 07:12:10 AM »
Xemu was going to give it a go, so I've forwarded the guild information to him.

Now there's a name I have not heard in a long time.  A long time, indeed.

---

Also, I'd be interested in tossing a character into whatever Cupcakes guild forms.  Most of mine will be in <Azure Interstellar> and hanging out in the cupcakes channel (I presume there's such a thing as private chat channels ala WoW's).

I pre-ordered, so I can help with that.  *wanders off to poke SWTOR pages*
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 07:14:38 AM by thanaomira »
Thanamira (110 arcane maga), Reonna (110 prot warrior), Gaillardia (100 eventual resto druid)

Gellin

• Master Waffler
  • CotRR Moderator
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2011, 07:43:40 AM »
Can you use your account to support more than one guild? For instance could I use my pre-order to help a guild on each side?
Current addictions ... Bioshock Infinite, Starcraft 2 and Mass Effect 3 (Single and Multiplayer).

Periastron

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2011, 07:54:03 AM »
It looks like you can only have one active guild association in the system.

Vylin

• Mains Are For Casuals
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2011, 05:40:50 AM »
I know I am being lazy...but is there a direct link I can follow to pre-join to this rad guild?

I'm leaning more towards Trooper-Commando right now, but might end up going Jedi Guardian if no tanks have signed up yet. I'll end up deciding based on this Beta weekend.
SWTOR Characters: Republic - Zerana, Hedrak, Joanna, Delmond; Empire - Destro, Entropi, Pennance, Purgatori

Gwyddyon

• The Fired Lord
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2011, 06:14:36 AM »
I'm planning on being a Jedi Guardian, but I'm guessing we might need more than one tank.

Also I dunno if I'll be done with Skyrim by then, so my time may be limited anyway.
Gwyddyon | Gwyllow | Gwyah | Gwystal | Eckhardt | Gwymbulvetr | Tethys | Gwynyang | Gwyabolic | Gwynchester