Author Topic: Republic thread for those interested in finding Cupcakers to play with  (Read 5776 times)

Aviel

• Feral Cat Mistress
  • Master of the Kitty-Fu
Re: Republic thread for those interested in finding Cupcakers to play with
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2011, 11:02:35 AM »
Deadly Jedi Cupcakes

Gwyddyon

• The Fired Lord
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2011, 11:46:00 AM »
Ackbar's Trap Detection Co.
Gwyddyon | Gwyllow | Gwyah | Gwystal | Eckhardt | Gwymbulvetr | Tethys | Gwynyang | Gwyabolic | Gwynchester

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2011, 11:52:16 AM »
Deadly Jedi Cupcakes
One might simplify this to Darth Cupcakes, but we're discussing an Republic Guild.

How about Shoots First?
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Periastron

• Guild Agitator :)
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2011, 02:57:52 PM »
Hello!  Mind if an ex-WoW player from Wild Hunt barges into this SWTOR discussion? :)
GW2 Tag: Periastron.7302; Server: Jade Quarry

Falafal

• Shattered Moon Member
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2011, 03:41:49 PM »
I wasn't that interested in this till I got into the beta last weekend, and now will end up getting it.  So definitely interested in joining the DC folks in a guild of some sort :)
Falafal - Shardy's Pocket Gnome
Rajimi - Undead Space Goat

Vylin

• Mains Are For Casuals
  • Cupcakes Member
SWTOR Characters: Republic - Zerana, Hedrak, Joanna, Delmond; Empire - Destro, Entropi, Pennance, Purgatori

Aviel

• Feral Cat Mistress
  • Master of the Kitty-Fu
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2011, 07:10:53 AM »
Hello!  Mind if an ex-WoW player from Wild Hunt barges into this SWTOR discussion? :)

Join in!

Periastron

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2011, 10:11:24 AM »
Thank you!  Some comments and questions:

I actually really like the idea of recycling 'Shattered Moon' as a SWTOR guild name.  I'm not so keen on 'Shoots First', as it breaks the fourth wall somewhat, and variations on '... Shot First' are likely to be done to death anyway.

Are you thinking about an RP-PvE server?  (I'd go for that!)  Also, you should give serious consideration, once a name and server type has been selected, to pre-registering a guild on the SWTOR site.  You only need four people with registered preorders to be eligible for deployment.  If there is an affiliated Empire guild, it can be registered as an "adversary", which would cause the two guilds to be assigned to the same server at launch.  I believe you can do the same for friendly guilds that you'd like to be grouped with, as well.  Server selection would be automatic, based on PvP/PvE, RP/non-RP, and time zone preferences specified by the leader registering the guild.  This does mean that you don't get to select a server on the basis of name; on the other hand, this may be a blessing in disguise, as too often in the past, certain servers in different MMOs have been flooded by k3wl d00ds (usually immature morons, if I may be blunt) who think that the name confers some sort of prestige value.  RP servers usually get decent names, anyway.

The guild registration system is meant to eliminate a lot of the usual launch day hassle of making sure that various guildies end up on the same server, when not everyone can log in at once.  It also allows BioWare to balance populations right from the beginning.  I think it's a smart idea.  We'll see how well it works, I guess!

Anyway, I'd be willing to sign on, because although I'm tentatively signed up with another group, I don't really know those people--whereas I have played WoW with some of you... or at least lurked in your chat channels.  :)

-- Peri

Gellin

• Master Waffler
  • CotRR Moderator
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2011, 11:16:37 AM »
I would be interested in seeing if there is a guild with everyone going to. I had an idea for a guild name but I was kinda curious how serious guilds would be and such before I made a guild just for people to joke around in. "Alderaan Weather Forecasters" was my thought. And yes I stole the idea from somewhere (I think a t-shirt).
Current addictions ... Bioshock Infinite, Starcraft 2 and Mass Effect 3 (Single and Multiplayer).

Kharvek

• Adjective Noun Moderator
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2011, 01:52:59 PM »
I'd sorta like a goofy 'whatever' guild and maybe a more serious RP guild if anyone is interested in that arm of things.  I likely will be starting Eloquent Posse of House for a goofy NC-17 chat friendly guild.  (Seriously.  Brynn can't exist in a PG-13 world)

Aviel

• Feral Cat Mistress
  • Master of the Kitty-Fu
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2011, 02:28:29 PM »
Thank you!  Some comments and questions:

I actually really like the idea of recycling 'Shattered Moon' as a SWTOR guild name.  I'm not so keen on 'Shoots First', as it breaks the fourth wall somewhat, and variations on '... Shot First' are likely to be done to death anyway.

Are you thinking about an RP-PvE server?  (I'd go for that!)  Also, you should give serious consideration, once a name and server type has been selected, to pre-registering a guild on the SWTOR site.  You only need four people with registered preorders to be eligible for deployment.  If there is an affiliated Empire guild, it can be registered as an "adversary", which would cause the two guilds to be assigned to the same server at launch.  I believe you can do the same for friendly guilds that you'd like to be grouped with, as well.  Server selection would be automatic, based on PvP/PvE, RP/non-RP, and time zone preferences specified by the leader registering the guild.  This does mean that you don't get to select a server on the basis of name; on the other hand, this may be a blessing in disguise, as too often in the past, certain servers in different MMOs have been flooded by k3wl d00ds (usually immature morons, if I may be blunt) who think that the name confers some sort of prestige value.  RP servers usually get decent names, anyway.

The guild registration system is meant to eliminate a lot of the usual launch day hassle of making sure that various guildies end up on the same server, when not everyone can log in at once.  It also allows BioWare to balance populations right from the beginning.  I think it's a smart idea.  We'll see how well it works, I guess!

Anyway, I'd be willing to sign on, because although I'm tentatively signed up with another group, I don't really know those people--whereas I have played WoW with some of you... or at least lurked in your chat channels.  :)

-- Peri

RP and PVE are high on my list, PVP is not.
I am also leaning towards Shattered Moon. I am hoping for those who want a different guild we can have a shared chat channel like in WoW. At the very least we will have Cupcakes vent we can hang on.
I have not preg-registered the guild yet since it picks the server for you and if I try and get on after some Cupcakers and they are on Y server and the guild dumps me on Z. I suppose I could just move over there.

Periastron

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2011, 02:41:41 PM »
The idea is that you should guild all of the Cupcakers beforehand, so they will end up in the right place.  It does not matter whether they get in before you do... The guild will basically be formed for you; people will be members of the guild as they arrive.  When you get in, you will be assigned the correct rank and permissions as guild leader.

All of this is in the Guilds FAQ:  http://www.swtor.com/guilds/faq

Aviel

• Feral Cat Mistress
  • Master of the Kitty-Fu
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2011, 02:52:41 PM »
Making it now, also I can add a guild Alliances. So, if Kharv or someone else makes a different guild, we can add each other as friendly guilds.

Ok I can now invite people to the guild, but I need your emails. I think you can also search for Shattered Moon to join. Making this a "mature' guild with lite RP. Current Shattered Moon hardly ever RPs anymore, but I want to leave the option open.

Periastron

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2011, 02:58:03 PM »
Application sent!

Aviel

• Feral Cat Mistress
  • Master of the Kitty-Fu
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2011, 03:03:01 PM »
Application sent!

Huzzah! Know any other Wild Hunters who want to join, feel free to send them my way. I have met many of the Bostonian Wild Hunters.