Author Topic: 4.3.x stuff  (Read 23177 times)

Gwyddyon

• The Fired Lord
Re: 4.3.x stuff
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2011, 09:57:45 AM »
T5 here I come again. And if I can ever get all the T6 pieces...
Gwyddyon | Gwyllow | Gwyah | Gwystal | Eckhardt | Gwymbulvetr | Tethys | Gwynyang | Gwyabolic | Gwynchester

Stronghold

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2011, 10:01:47 AM »
T6 shaman gear was pretty sweet

Leahnidas

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 10:20:29 AM »
Great change if for no other reason than to have some variety, though I concur with the earlier post about this being more sorely needed during Wrath with the awful sameness that ran rampant there.

Regarding a city of clowns...meh. I don't care how other people dress, just how they play.

Andy

• Infraction Champions Member
  • Tanking mandatory, spanking optional.
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2011, 10:36:54 AM »
T2 battleskirt AHOY!

And then the T3/T7 Gundam wings!

NOW FOLLOW ME INTO BATTLE

Seniummortus

• Cupcakes Member
Re: Re: 4.3.x stuff
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 11:03:47 AM »
On the topic of 4.3 being the last content patch I envision one more a kin to bc where sunwell kind of extended the story. Three teirs is all too short and there have been numerous hints of another old god pulling some strings in this expansion so it seems likely we'll end up with one to kill... just my two cents.

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2011, 11:13:05 AM »
The Abyssal Maw thing was canceled.
o/\o

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2011, 11:17:01 AM »
Sunwell was sold to us on the basis that Illidan was merely a showcased player in the struggle against the Burning Crusade, while Kil'Jaeden was the real enemy.  We already knew who Kil'Jaeden was.

If we're going to be handed a "real enemy" in the form of the old god who corrupted Neltharion and created Deathwing, you'd expect them to be giving that enemy a name and a face Real Soon Now, if not already.

On the flip side, given the mixed success of Cataclym's gameplay changes and an expectation of strong competition from SWTOR, it's possible that they want to get the next expansion out the door as soon as possible with a different variation on the formula (not to mention all the one-time income an expansion brings in).

Leahnidas

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2011, 11:27:37 AM »
I'm ok with three tiers of raiding if only because I still have nightmares of the incredibly long stretch I spent in ICC with multiple toons. Great instance, just way too much f'n time in there.

My only fear is that Deathwing will be a one boss raid which will make the time grind even worse. I'd like to think there's going to be other bosses (though hard to picture what they'd be) and I've even allowed the thought of the previously mentioned Old God being a heroic mode only boss ala Alagaon and Sinestra. We shall see when we see, though.

Regarding the "ala sunwell" thoughts, I was under the impression that KJ was kind of forced in there after Blizzard realized that there was going to be a dearth of content between BT and the release of Wrath. It kinda nerfed Illidan into a minor character which wasn't a huge deal lorewise because he really should have been a Cho'Gall type boss, but since they made all the zones and stuff relating to him, it was kind of a dissapointment as well. I don't particularly CARE about killing Deathwing, story-wise and have felt that way about pretty much all of the bosses in Cata thus far. Introducing a puppet master pulling all the strings won't really change that for me...unless it's Sargeras.

Deren

• Bacon Bandits Member
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2011, 11:52:13 AM »
I'm ok with three tiers of raiding if only because I still have nightmares of the incredibly long stretch I spent in ICC with multiple toons. Great instance, just way too much f'n time in there.
Warth ment to be 3 Tiers. Turn out to be 4.1. Toc toon soon and Hailon turn out to be not enoght.

With three tiers of raiding you still have that same nightmaire.  It really comes down to how fast we get threw the raid and how long the next expansion comes out. Laste i heard it was on slate for Q2 of 2012 (Gain of salt) which if 4.3 comes out in Oct (2nd Grain of salt)  that leave us 6 month in the raid? i forget how long ICC was. 

Kharvek

• Adjective Noun Moderator
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2011, 11:53:17 AM »
It's gonna setup mists!

Seriously I hope it isn't Pandaren focused.  Pandaren are the dumbest gimmick race ever thought up by Blizzard.

Vylin

• Mains Are For Casuals
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2011, 12:24:03 PM »
It's gonna setup mists!

Seriously I hope it isn't Pandaren focused.  Pandaren are the dumbest gimmick race ever thought up by Blizzard.

I agree. So does Athene apparently: http://www.youtube.com/user/AtheneWins#p/u/2/6upuh71CZ3k

But yeah, its a friggin April Fool's joke, not something that should be taken seriously NOR be made into an entire expansion...
SWTOR Characters: Republic - Zerana, Hedrak, Joanna, Delmond; Empire - Destro, Entropi, Pennance, Purgatori

Leahnidas

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2011, 12:35:49 PM »
It was six months between ICC and Ruby Sanctum but I know that I was still personally raiding ICC even up to a month before Cata hit, making it nearly a year. As you noted, Deren, Ruby Sanctum was simply not enough content to fill the gasp.

Aviel

• Feral Cat Mistress
  • Three Rivers Member
  • Master of the Kitty-Fu
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2011, 03:50:21 PM »
It's gonna setup mists!

I love you...I seriously thought I was the only one who thought this.

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2011, 04:57:12 PM »
God dammit, I wish ep 4 were out of the podcast so I wouldn't be spoiling it.

Mists of Pandaria is a video game, but it's probably not an expansion. it's probably an iOS/Android tie-in game.
o/\o

Kharvek

• Adjective Noun Moderator
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2011, 05:13:25 PM »
Oh thank god.  Gimmick race for a gimmick gaming platform. :)

(Yeah, yeah...a gimmick platform that's pulling in assloads of money, but still.)

Also =^.^=  Avi.  Cat lovers stick together.  Right Brynn?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 05:21:01 PM by Kharvek »