Author Topic: 4.3.x stuff  (Read 23175 times)

Draeven

• Boomcop Posse Member
Re: 4.3.x stuff
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2011, 10:36:14 AM »
Yay, customization at last!

I honestly would be happy just being able to change the color of things. Having everyone look the same is kind of boring.
Arcane Mage - Tailor/Herbalist

Andraax

• Adjective Noun Member
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2011, 12:59:02 PM »
Hmm, the contrarian in me is looking forward to transmogrification just so I can put together the absolute worst looking outfit in existence.  I figure it'll be worth it to stand near the transmogrifier just to torment the people who sort through thousands of pieces of armor just to find the right shade of puce to go with their sets.

-Andraax

Aviel

• Feral Cat Mistress
  • Three Rivers Member
  • Master of the Kitty-Fu
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2011, 05:23:50 AM »
I know this patch note is a bit old but it made me giggle.

A few of the Molten Surger patrols in the entrance area of Firelands have gone on vacation.

Hotspur

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2011, 11:36:13 AM »
Man, T2.5 for warriors really sticks out. And I had forgotten how cool T6 looked. As to the rest....

I shudder to think of a similar comparison of pally sets.

T5 really stands out as my favorite set.

For T2.5 you have to remember that this was to be worn in conjuction with red gloves (Flamebringers), pink boots (Conquerer's?), and possibly a ridiculous helm (my choice was the Crown of Destruction). Just in case you had any notion that Warriors did not look like clowns pre-Naxx.

I wore that AQ hat and shoulders with those boots and gloves for so, so long.  I still have them, in fact!

Vylin

• Mains Are For Casuals
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2011, 11:41:43 AM »
I wore that AQ hat and shoulders with those boots and gloves for so, so long.  I still have them, in fact!

And people say Paladins looked fruity!  ;D
SWTOR Characters: Republic - Zerana, Hedrak, Joanna, Delmond; Empire - Destro, Entropi, Pennance, Purgatori

Deren

• Bacon Bandits Member
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2011, 03:15:05 PM »
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2450-Rogue-Legendary-Dagger-and-Patch-4.3-Interviews-Comics

Rogue Legendary and Patch 4.3
Another interview showed up today in The Escapist. The most important part is the Rogue Legendary dagger and new raid level difficulty, but the important points are all below.

Rogues will get a legendary dagger and exciting quest line to go with it.
    Looking for Raid tool raids will be easier than normal raids using a new level of difficulty (Looking For Raid).
    The Looking for Raid tool will only work for 25 man raids, not 10 man.
    Players will get different achievements and loot from doing Random Raid mode, no normal mode achievements or perks will be gained.
    This will introduce players to the content and mechanics of the fights so that they are more prepared for an actual raid.
    The new five mans will have tighter story integration with the Deathwing Raid than Icecrown Heroics did.
    The Dragonflights will work together to help take down Deathwing.
    Deathwing's random zone burning will continue at least until the end of Patch 4.3.
    They might be talking about Pandas at Blizzcon.

Man i was hoping for a shield to be the in next Legendary..

Andy

• Infraction Champions Member
  • Tanking mandatory, spanking optional.
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2011, 09:54:33 AM »
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2450-Rogue-Legendary-Dagger-and-Patch-4.3-Interviews-Comics

Another interview showed up today in The Escapist. The most important part is the Rogue Legendary dagger and new raid level difficulty, but the important points are all below.

Looking for Raid tool raids will be easier than normal raids using a new level of difficulty (Looking For Raid).
    Players will get different achievements and loot from doing Random Raid mode, no normal mode achievements or perks will be gained.
    This will introduce players to the content and mechanics of the fights so that they are more prepared for an actual raid.
    The new five mans will have tighter story integration with the Deathwing Raid than Icecrown Heroics did.
    Deathwing's random zone burning will continue at least until the end of Patch 4.3.

Looking for Raid should be renamed Looking for Alcohol since I'm pretty sure a shot or two will help out.

Aviel

• Feral Cat Mistress
  • Three Rivers Member
  • Master of the Kitty-Fu
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2011, 11:04:22 AM »

A legendary shield would rock

Aviel

• Feral Cat Mistress
  • Three Rivers Member
  • Master of the Kitty-Fu
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2011, 11:08:20 AM »

This worries me. I do not want my BiS to be from LFR, cause I am NOT pugging a raid.

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2011, 11:11:46 AM »

This worries me. I do not want my BiS to be from LFR, cause I am NOT pugging a raid.

Presumably it won't be, since the LFR loot will be "worse." That translates to lower ilvl in my mind, and most specs will care about the extra primary stats higher ilvl brings.

Avi will probably be fine with regular loot, not so sure about Oanae. But I'm reasonably sure they won't give out parry/mastery in LFR if they can give out parry/expertise.
o/\o

Kharvek

• Adjective Noun Moderator
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2011, 11:12:54 AM »
Figures when I finally switch away from my rogue we get a legendary dagger.

Aviel

• Feral Cat Mistress
  • Three Rivers Member
  • Master of the Kitty-Fu
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2011, 11:30:46 AM »

Presumably it won't be, since the LFR loot will be "worse." That translates to lower ilvl in my mind, and most specs will care about the extra primary stats higher ilvl brings.

Avi will probably be fine with regular loot, not so sure about Oanae. But I'm reasonably sure they won't give out parry/mastery in LFR if they can give out parry/expertise.

Avi no raids. Avi hasn't even done a troll.

Draeven

• Boomcop Posse Member
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2011, 10:02:25 AM »

They are trying to make people play rogues again!
Arcane Mage - Tailor/Herbalist

ghoselle

• Three Rivers Moderator
    • Three Rivers
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2011, 10:34:35 AM »

They are trying to make people play rogues again!

Yeah - I'm baffled about why they are putting in a single-spec single-class weapon, especially for a class that already had legendaries (Illidan's swords).  Though I guess it should give me hope for a feral legendary.

So I know folks will hate me for saying it, and I have no idea how they'd do it, but I'd love to see it be a pvp legendary.  So far all the legendaries have been exclusively PvE things -- and if there was ever a legendary type that has a good argument for being a PvP-esque legendary, it is a rogue dagger.

Andy

• Infraction Champions Member
  • Tanking mandatory, spanking optional.
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2011, 10:43:57 AM »
If they really wanted to be legendary, they'd make it so that you could upgrade your legendary with the latest level cap.

I'm sure there are logistic and game balance aspects to that, but I bet a bunch of people with Thunderfury sitting in their banks might appreciate it.