Author Topic: 4.3.x stuff  (Read 21919 times)

Aviel

• Feral Cat Mistress
  • Three Rivers Member
  • Master of the Kitty-Fu
Re: 4.3.x stuff
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2011, 01:57:41 PM »
Oh thank god.  Gimmick race for a gimmick gaming platform. :)

(Yeah, yeah...a gimmick platform that's pulling in assloads of money, but still.)

Also =^.^=  Avi.  Cat lovers stick together.  Right Brynn?

We'll make her a cat lover yet. We should get her a purring kitten for her lap. N one can resisit a purring kitten. So warm so KAWAII!!!

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2011, 12:34:59 PM »
4.3 is revamping the Darkmoon Faire.  There's a preview here.

Stronghold

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2011, 04:36:30 AM »
Darkmoon mages in capital cities...

sounds like paid city portals to me

Aviel

• Feral Cat Mistress
  • Three Rivers Member
  • Master of the Kitty-Fu
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2011, 04:48:22 AM »
4.3 is revamping the Darkmoon Faire.  There's a preview here.

Oh wow, this actually sounds pretty darn cool

Tweed

• Three Rivers Member
  • Cupcakes Member
  • Energy. Power. My people are addicted to it.
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2011, 05:39:21 PM »
Preview of warrior T13.  Interesting.  I actually like the huge iron jaw, stolen from Deathwing's human form.  I should start a WoW fashion thread soon, what with transmogrification coming out in 4.3. 

Hotspur

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2011, 04:39:50 AM »
I look forward to Tweed posting pics of Fashion Failures and Features and blogging.

Thanamira

• Bunny Champion
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2011, 05:32:09 AM »
I look forward to Tweed posting pics of Fashion Failures and Features and blogging.

+1
Thanamira (110 arcane maga), Reonna (110 prot warrior), Gaillardia (100 eventual resto druid)

Andy

• Infraction Champions Member
  • Tanking mandatory, spanking optional.
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2011, 05:51:37 AM »
Preview of warrior T13.  Interesting.  I actually like the huge iron jaw, stolen from Deathwing's human form.  I should start a WoW fashion thread soon, what with transmogrification coming out in 4.3. 

Man, T2.5 for warriors really sticks out. And I had forgotten how cool T6 looked. As to the rest....

I shudder to think of a similar comparison of pally sets.

Vylin

• Mains Are For Casuals
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2011, 06:16:17 AM »
Man, T2.5 for warriors really sticks out. And I had forgotten how cool T6 looked. As to the rest....

T5 really stands out as my favorite set.

For T2.5 you have to remember that this was to be worn in conjuction with red gloves (Flamebringers), pink boots (Conquerer's?), and possibly a ridiculous helm (my choice was the Crown of Destruction). Just in case you had any notion that Warriors did not look like clowns pre-Naxx.
SWTOR Characters: Republic - Zerana, Hedrak, Joanna, Delmond; Empire - Destro, Entropi, Pennance, Purgatori

Andy

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2011, 08:29:45 AM »

T5 really stands out as my favorite set.

For T2.5 you have to remember that this was to be worn in conjuction with red gloves (Flamebringers), pink boots (Conquerer's?), and possibly a ridiculous helm (my choice was the Crown of Destruction). Just in case you had any notion that Warriors did not look like clowns pre-Naxx.

The T5 shoulders were great!

In just looking at the different sets over time, it seems like the variety from tier to tier goes down. But I guess the opposite would be to try to make every set super unique which has its own costs to it in terms of design and manpower.

Tweed

• Three Rivers Member
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2011, 08:46:56 AM »
Now, T13 warlock sets and retrospective.  So, this one--not so hot.  What is that thing coming out of the helmet?  A tongue?  A worm?  COMMENCE RIDICULOUS SEX JOKES.  Edit:  Apparently it's a "writhing tentacle."  Yeeeee-ah.

Andy

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2011, 08:52:08 AM »
Now, T13 warlock sets and retrospective.  So, this one--not so hot.  What is that thing coming out of the helmet?  A tongue?  A worm?  COMMENCE RIDICULOUS SEX JOKES.  Edit:  Apparently it's a "writhing tentacle."  Yeeeee-ah.

Warlock goes the whole gambit from "THIS IS SO COOL" to "Pardon me, kind sir, but did you know that you have a jellyfish on your head?"

I loved T1 for the funny little horns. It was like druid T1 except EVIL.

Tweed

• Three Rivers Member
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2011, 08:54:45 AM »
T5 and T8 warlock sets are, in my opinion, some of the best in the game ever.  But absolutely echoing your position: the other end of that pendulum is scary (and not in the way Blizzard intends it).

Vylin

• Mains Are For Casuals
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2011, 09:21:19 AM »
T5 and T8 warlock sets are, in my opinion, some of the best in the game ever.  But absolutely echoing your position: the other end of that pendulum is scary (and not in the way Blizzard intends it).

I concurr with this assessment. Althought the writhing tentacle tongue is going to be HUGE in Japan.
SWTOR Characters: Republic - Zerana, Hedrak, Joanna, Delmond; Empire - Destro, Entropi, Pennance, Purgatori

Deren

• Bacon Bandits Member
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2011, 09:51:00 AM »
As a warrior, i always love T4-T6, T3 even a little, they all felt like they where ment to protect so i that i should be on the front line.

I like warlock T4, i feel it really fits into wow world with how wow draws it void/shadow look.