Author Topic: PvP Info  (Read 997 times)

Vylin

• Mains Are For Casuals
  • Cupcakes Member
PvP Info
« on: August 16, 2011, 07:36:52 AM »
PvP:
- BioWare wants to handle PvP Servers "traditional".
- Alderaan is a domination map.
- Warzone: The Voidstar will have a conquest mode.
- Some planets will have contested areas where both factions will fight for control.
- There is a CC-immunitybar which will fill up through suffered CC until you're completely immune to CC.- This bar is placed below the healthbar and can also be seen by players of the other faction.
- Tank skilled PCs are useful in PvP too, since they're able to absorb 50% dmg taken by party members.
- There are PvP ranks.
- There is no gear that could be purchased because of your PvP rank but there are possibilities "to interfere in combat".
(personal note by VdFExarKun: I have absolute no idea what that means, I can only imagine that you will be able to purchase something like a battlestandard to boost HP or something to boost dps or w/e if you have the required rank for it, something similiar to WoW's vanilla requirements on PvP items. Also the second part of the german sentence with the quotation is quite confusing to translate.)

In regards to the domination map of Alderaan, the buffed.de journalist wrote that you'll have 3 tactical points on the map to take control of. When you're in control of at least 2 points, the enemy battleship, which has some amount of "HP", will get damage (probably from the turbolasers we've seen in the Warzone trailer) and lose its "HP" until it is destroyed.
Gabe Amatangelo didn't reveal the actual number of Warzones that will be in the game at launch.
Auto-facing wasn't mentioned in the article.
I hope that I didn't forget something.

Awesome part bolded!
SWTOR Characters: Republic - Zerana, Hedrak, Joanna, Delmond; Empire - Destro, Entropi, Pennance, Purgatori

Chibe

• Wiper of raids
  • Cupcakes Member
Re: PvP Info
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 08:15:04 AM »
You have to fill up the wussy bar to activate juggernaut mode

Vylin

• Mains Are For Casuals
  • Cupcakes Member
Re: PvP Info
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 09:27:42 AM »
You have to fill up the wussy bar to activate juggernaut mode

I think that's literally how the Sith Juggernaut functions. Apparently they use a Rage bar and have some sort of abilities that open up once the bar is full.
SWTOR Characters: Republic - Zerana, Hedrak, Joanna, Delmond; Empire - Destro, Entropi, Pennance, Purgatori