Author Topic: For Apert  (Read 20931 times)

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
Re: For Apert
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2012, 10:36:46 AM »
My girlfriend can assure you that I have a gender.

And a heater, if you know what I mean. And I think you do.

A space heater?

a "fastball" in the "bedroom?"
o/\o

Brynndolin

• Cupcakes Member
  • Frequently wrong, never in doubt
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2012, 11:46:18 AM »
Is this a fart to warm up the bed reference?

jsoh

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2012, 12:22:10 PM »
Canada does have vast natural gas reserves, but no. Its not.

Brynndolin

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2012, 07:27:26 AM »
Someone give Tweed a valium, but today, CNN poses the question that I am sure is on everyone's mind:

Is Canada the next super-power?!?

http://outfront.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/06/is-canada-the-worlds-next-superpower/?hpt=hp_t3

Mr. Tring

• Party Pooper
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2012, 07:33:24 AM »
Tell me, is Zeleruth Canadian?

On NPR this morning some energy-forecasters were predicting we will be getting all of our foreign oil from Canada in the future.

jsoh

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2012, 07:50:55 AM »
I knew there was a reason I didn't read CNN's "blogs". What a fatuous pile of plop. A much better overview from Canada's paper of record.

Brynn: I'll have you know that Canada is already an acknowledged super-power in the fields of Hockey, Curling, and eliciting irrational levels of disdain from members of the deadlycupcake community.

Seniummortus

• Cupcakes Member
Re: Re: For Apert
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2012, 07:59:57 AM »
Perhaps more hilarious than the article is "Martina" 's comments. This person has an irrational hate of Canada and the hilarity never ends, i'v wasted 30minutes of time so far scrolling through for this person's comments and laughing my ass off. I see no end in sight :(. The one that got me was

"canada is a boring place and kind of sucks, like Sweden or Finland" not a direct quote but pretty close.

Draeven

• Boomcop Posse Member
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2012, 08:06:17 AM »
Haha, I do not understand people hating Canada. Every time I have been there it has been pretty awesome!

Plus we used to go there all the time in college because the drinking and gambling age is only 19. Ah good times at Niagara Falls...
Arcane Mage - Tailor/Herbalist

jsoh

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2012, 08:12:09 AM »
For my point of view it's just a very boring and depressing country, kind of like Sweden or Finland.

In fairness, if you happen to be in Winnipeg or Saskatoon thats actually kind of true. The boring and depressing part, at least. Otherwise, I'm beginning to think that this 'Martina' person is actually Tweed.

Draeven: You could have gone to Quebec a year earlier. Drinking age is 18 there :)

Mr. Tring

• Party Pooper
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2012, 08:15:52 AM »
Brynn: I'll have you know that Canada is already an acknowledged super-power in the fields of Hockey, Curling, and eliciting irrational levels of disdain from members of the deadlycupcake community.

And for producing some of the best humor known to mankind!

Perhaps more hilarious than the article is "Martina" 's comments. This person has an irrational hate of Canada and the hilarity never ends, i'v wasted 30minutes of time so far scrolling through for this person's comments and laughing my ass off. I see no end in sight :(. The one that got me was

"canada is a boring place and kind of sucks, like Sweden or Finland" not a direct quote but pretty close.

That is pretty awesome, I will have to comb thru those. I've loved Canada every time I've been. I want to check out Gros Morne nat'l park, it looks pretty amazing!

Andraax

• Adjective Noun Member
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2012, 08:29:19 AM »
"Blame Canada" (from the South Park movie) is still one of my favorite movie clips (along with "Shut Your Fucking Face, Uncle Fucker," which never fails to amuse me)...

-Andraax

Gwyddyon

• The Fired Lord
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2012, 08:45:45 AM »
Haha, I do not understand people hating Canada.

But there are French people there! How could it be good?!
Gwyddyon | Gwyllow | Gwyah | Gwystal | Eckhardt | Gwymbulvetr | Tethys | Gwynyang | Gwyabolic | Gwynchester

Tweed

• Three Rivers Member
  • Cupcakes Member
  • Energy. Power. My people are addicted to it.
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2012, 09:01:31 AM »
Otherwise, I'm beginning to think that this 'Martina' person is actually Tweed.

You drink your milk out of bags. BAGS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPOS786qBsI&feature=related

Brynndolin

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2012, 09:51:20 AM »
I knew there was a reason I didn't read CNN's "blogs". What a fatuous pile of plop. A much better overview from Canada's paper of record.

This is going to show how gloriously ignorant I am, but your currency is really called the loonie?!

And you drink your milk out of bags?!

Apert, I want you to try and explain these things.

jsoh

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2012, 10:05:42 AM »
So. This is our dollar coin. Think... Susan B. Anthony dollar, but instead of there being only like...4 SBA coins, there are millions and millions of loonies in circulation. In fact, we don't have a paper $1 bill anymore, much to the detriment of the strip-club industry.

For those who are not ornithologists, the bird depicted on the reverse facing is a Gavia immer or Great Northern Loon. Hence, the common neologism of "loonie", which can refer to either the specific coin in the $1 denomination, or as a general term for the Canadian currency.

The loonie was such a success, we went off and pulled the same trick with our $2 bills:

Because we're a creative people, this coin is referred to as a twoonie. Tho I prefer the term 'doubloonie'. There has been talk about replacing our $3 bill with a coin, but that's never really made it past the theoretical discussion phase, due to the intricacies of the relationship between the federal government, and Quebec (René Levesque is pictured on the $3 bill).

Yes. Our milk comes in bags. Not exclusively tho. There's actually a fair amount of stigma associated with drinking milk from a bag in Canada - it implies that you're not rich enough to have a dairy cow of your own. As such you tend to see bagged milk less in the richer provinces (Ontario, BC), and more in the poorer ones (Newfoundland, Maine).