Author Topic: Frost DK is the New Cool...  (Read 1237 times)

Vylin

• Mains Are For Casuals
  • Cupcakes Member
Frost DK is the New Cool...
« on: May 24, 2011, 07:48:59 AM »
All puns aside, I did some reading the other day and the consensus amung the PvPers is that the most OP / Braindead Melee spec to play is 2H Frost DK. So I popped on my DK, dropped my Unholy spec, and went Frost. The results were amazing.

If you are looking to casually PvP right now and enjoy Melee, then Frost DK is the way to go. You have an AoE CC, can break almost all forms of CC naturally, have a steroid, decent defensive CD's via healing, and can pump out sick damage whether the enemy is high or low armor.

I was raving to Gellin about it last night and he asked about 2H vs. DW, and for PvP you DO NOT want to DW. DWing requires an extra 6 talents that are better spent in the Blood/Unholy trees.
SWTOR Characters: Republic - Zerana, Hedrak, Joanna, Delmond; Empire - Destro, Entropi, Pennance, Purgatori

Lillyanne

• Cupcakes Member
Re: Frost DK is the New Cool...
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 09:49:27 AM »
so what you're saying is..if I want to reach 2200 rating I should drop my warlock and start pvping on my DK?

Vylin

• Mains Are For Casuals
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 12:00:32 PM »
Its fun as hell!

But its also getting shit on after this season. Right now its looking like they are adding a cast time to Hungering Cold (which will make it interruptable and thus lock out your Frost-based abilities which include primary offensive abilities and defensive CD's). The work around is to rotate your Death Grip into it and start the cast during the travel time of the grip.

They are also gutting the Glyph of Dark Succor which is how Frost DK's survive so well (I.E. 15% healing per Death Strike). Right now on test its changed to restore 20% of total health, but only in a window after getting a Killing Blow (similar to Victory Rush).

But for now its suh-weet!
SWTOR Characters: Republic - Zerana, Hedrak, Joanna, Delmond; Empire - Destro, Entropi, Pennance, Purgatori

Yohn

• The Dwarfiest
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 11:03:24 AM »
I've only gotten 1 BG in on my Dk (who has been 2h frost since the day I rolled him). It was amazing. Even with insane lag spikes, i shredded folk. If my connection wasn't shit I would have made a mad run of pure PvPing until 4.2, but alas, the Nerfbat will likely drop before I move and can start playing again. /le sigh.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
-- H. L. Mencken

Omne Ignotum Pro Magnifico