Author Topic: Raid leading tools  (Read 1797 times)

Deren

• Bacon Bandits Member
Raid leading tools
« on: May 17, 2011, 11:27:58 AM »
What do poeple use, and why?

For our rotation roster we just have a spread sheet. So far it work out ok.

For loot its much harder,

What i totaly love would be a website that you can create a charator  and assign them to a raid group. then they can make a wish/need/offset loot list. Then as a raid leader i could see a easy list of who need what off each boss. (This would better help with the question of who need what from where. I keep asking for this so i know which bosses we an safely skip). The only way for this site to really work is if the website would have to update from the wowarmory activly feeds. So when they loot a item it auto cross off the list. This way members would only have to update when a new teir comes out.

ghoselle

• Three Rivers Moderator
    • Three Rivers
Re: Raid leading tools
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 11:32:57 AM »
For TRR, we just use a spreadsheet for rostering.  I post 1-3 weeks with of rosters at a time, each as an individual post.

Loot is need onspec/greed offspec, and we've not had any reason to make it more complicated.

I have a macro that just invites everyone in the raid, and assigns assists to the tanks and the usual suspects who need assists (aka the folks doing the tactical lead of the raid).

Deren

• Bacon Bandits Member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 12:41:10 PM »
Loot is need onspec/greed offspec, and we've not had any reason to make it more complicated.
Our loot the same. Not looking to change our loot system. I am just looking for a loot tracking system for how many more poeple need item on boss.

The question comes up a bunch for us.
Do we spend the 1 to 1.5 hours clearing V&T->Chol or do we spend it learning new heroic boss or trying for a repeat kill we have trouble with.

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 12:57:02 PM »
I use the in-game calendar for invites (I think Seni does as well?) and then manually set assists.

I would love some sort of wish list so we could easily do loot council, but I am not really willing to do that work. It also kind of precludes that people keep it up to date with new wishes in addition to reading the armory feeds, and it's hard enough to get people to look at the boards sometimes!
o/\o

Wren

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 01:31:47 PM »
I've mentioned it a few places before but Comparebot is pretty awesome for chewing on world of logs reports and spitting things out in an easy to read table. It's a great way for tracking things like who is using consumables or how the raid is doing overall with fight mechanics (sound gained from sonic pulse for example) not just for spotting the problems but also seeing when things improve.

example: http://raidbots.com/comparebot/4dae58954b1cfb1c66000464#mistakes

For loot we have our own little web app that tracks dkp and attendance rating

Diss uses a silent bidding system and ties are broken first with attendance then rolling, you gain 10dkp for every raid attended lose 10 attendance rating for any raid you completely miss, attendance is calculated over a 10 raid rolling window, we don't roster we just invite everyone who is online at invite time and go from there. If you sit you can go off and do whatever you want and you'll get credit for the raid as long as you let an officer know how to reach you in case they need you to swap in.

You can see it here: http://dkp.wowpackrat.com/raidpoints/

I realize that's not terribly useful since no else probably has this particular loot policy :)