Author Topic: 4.1.x stuff  (Read 16083 times)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
4.1.x stuff
« on: February 24, 2011, 01:17:34 AM »
mmo-champion reports that 4.1.x has hit the PTR.  Right now the only Blizzard information is translated from the Taiwan forums, but it appears that we're getting ZA and ZG as 5-man instances in addition to the second tier of raid content.

Some interesting datamined class changes, but I won't try to sort out the actual changes from the tooltip corrections.

Tweed

• Three Rivers Member
  • Cupcakes Member
  • Energy. Power. My people are addicted to it.
Re: 4.1.x stuff
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 04:23:55 AM »
I'll be honest: a little underwhelmed at the prospect of 5-man ZG and ZA given how much I hate hate hate heroic Deadmines. Still, if there are mounts, I'll probably end up running them like a hundred billion times.  And hating myself all the while.

jsoh

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 05:14:02 AM »
I guess they really didnt like the well-on-nigh unkillability of paladins. Ret and Prot have been nerfed with a 20s cooldown on Word of Glory. Holy has no CD via the holy intrinsic. This will probably kill the WoG-centred tank builds.

Also. Tweed is a self-hating gnome? Who knew?

Deren

• Bacon Bandits Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 05:33:44 AM »
I never ran SFK, and while i did run deadmines, it was probly like 3-4 times at the right level and the rest at like 60. So having both become heroic was kinda cool.. but ZG/ZA i ran.... alot... i mean alot alot. While its be cool to see update fights. its going to get old fast looking down the same paths as i did before.. 

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 05:52:51 AM »
I guess they really didnt like the well-on-nigh unkillability of paladins. Ret and Prot have been nerfed with a 20s cooldown on Word of Glory. Holy has no CD via the holy intrinsic. This will probably kill the WoG-centred tank builds.

fuck shit dickcock

Though I'm certainly not WoG-centric, the one selling point of Prot for me was the ability to switch gears from threat to survivability by just changing what HP dump I was using. Also, I've been known to use WoG on a healer that was low or a DPSer kiting flames on Atramedes. blech.

A 20s CD will make it so you can still WoG every other rotation. It's not completely ruined, but any loss of interesting utility is a big loss in my eyes.
o/\o

Thanamira

• Bunny Champion
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 06:51:35 AM »
Sigh.  That flexibility made palatanking fun because there were options.  Now I can be replaced by a drinkybird.

I need to go find the PvP Ruined PvE bar that Gwy hangs out in.
Thanamira (110 arcane maga), Reonna (110 prot warrior), Gaillardia (100 eventual resto druid)

AdmiralShardy

• Ahoy!
  • Cupcakes Member
    • Twitter Account
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 07:00:21 AM »
Man, if they actually get rid of our reduced walking speed while in stealth I'll eat my Bloodsail Admiral's Hat.
Admiral Shardrell, Retired Nelfy Pirate
Julia Cappo, Active Guild Wars 2 Pirate.  I like pirates.
Twitter: @BeckyCFreelance

jsoh

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 07:23:35 AM »
I wonder if there's a followup change to the Guarded by the Light talent that hasnt been pushed/datamined yet, that would reduce the CD to (say) 10s. Still would allow WoG once per rotation.

Otherwise, there's a talent that nobody will use ever again.

jsoh

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 07:49:13 AM »
oh hey!

* All non-damaging interrupts off the global cooldown will now always hit the target. This includes Pummel, Shield Bash, Kick, Mind Freeze, Rebuke, Skull Bash, Counterspell, Wind Shear, Solar Beam, Silencing Shot, and related player pet abilities.

Thats nice.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 08:29:59 AM »
Interesting.  At the very end of the patch notes:
Spells bound to a key now start to be cast when the button is pressed down by default, instead of waiting for the key to go up. This is an option that can be turned off in the Interface menu under Combat. Mouse clicking has not changed and operates on mouse click up.
There are UI mods to do this; I haven't experimented with them.  Clique has an option to trigger actions on mouse-down instead of mouse-up; it's a little odd that the Blizzard change affects keypresses and not clicks.

samercyn

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 08:52:02 AM »
Interesting.  At the very end of the patch notes:
Spells bound to a key now start to be cast when the button is pressed down by default, instead of waiting for the key to go up. This is an option that can be turned off in the Interface menu under Combat. Mouse clicking has not changed and operates on mouse click up.
There are UI mods to do this; I haven't experimented with them.  Clique has an option to trigger actions on mouse-down instead of mouse-up; it's a little odd that the Blizzard change affects keypresses and not clicks.

Uh-oh... Blizzard found out the secret to good DPS.

Tweed

• Three Rivers Member
  • Cupcakes Member
  • Energy. Power. My people are addicted to it.
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 05:56:20 AM »
OMG Crimson Firehawk mount. I will literally do anything for this mount.  I do not care what it takes I will have it.

Aviel

• Feral Cat Mistress
  • Three Rivers Member
  • Master of the Kitty-Fu
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 06:28:17 AM »
OMG Crimson Firehawk mount. I will literally do anything for this mount.  I do not care what it takes I will have it.

Holy crap

AdmiralShardy

• Ahoy!
  • Cupcakes Member
    • Twitter Account
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2011, 06:29:02 AM »
Whoa
Admiral Shardrell, Retired Nelfy Pirate
Julia Cappo, Active Guild Wars 2 Pirate.  I like pirates.
Twitter: @BeckyCFreelance

Fallowgrey

• Boomcop Posse Member
  • All the feelz, all the healz
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2011, 06:56:48 AM »

Yes, it's quite pretty.  But if your Firelands raid to get the last achievement necessary for it to drop (if that's indeed how it's gotten) is scheduled on a particular weekend in August, you will have to make the choice to wait.  You might not care what it takes, but I can think of a few others who would... ;)

(Best Man duties now apparently include forcing raid re-scheduling.)
Alliance: Fallowgrey, Dwarf Priest / Evring, Nelf Druid / Arkibal, Human Paladin / Gayelette, Dwarf Shaman / Haikeebah, Pandaren Monk / Zelbinion, Worgen Warrior
Horde: Rinkitink, Belf Hunter / Sootandash, L105 Tauren Druid
Misc: Kikiaru, L74 Gnome Mage / Erzula, L9 Human Rogue