Author Topic: Rated Battle Grounds. (Gauging interests)  (Read 4484 times)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
Re: Rated Battle Grounds. (Gauging interests)
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 11:16:11 AM »
If I read correctly, from now on all rated BG weeks will be 10v10.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/156341/all-rated-bg-weeks-now-10v10

Yohn

• The Dwarfiest
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 02:49:27 PM »
Not to REVIVAL! this thread, but there has been some talk among Sere Vala people of doing Sunday rated BGs. Over the next few days I'll be figuring out a few details and figuring out how many folks we have interested, but if anyone is still looking to hit up RBGs, drop a line here and I'll add you to the list.

I can copy any sign-ups posted here to the listing there.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 05:57:20 AM by Yohn »
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
-- H. L. Mencken

Omne Ignotum Pro Magnifico

ghoselle

• Three Rivers Moderator
    • Three Rivers
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 12:03:42 PM »
I'd likely be interested in trying it out on Ghoselle as restodruid.  I've got moderately good pvp gear.

Kranker

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2011, 12:59:52 PM »
I would be interested on Kranker.  He likes to freeze stuff on occaision.

Gellin

• Master Waffler
  • CotRR Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2011, 04:45:49 AM »
To re-REVIVAL! this thread. Did this ever get started up with any group? If so I would be interested in getting involved.
Current addictions ... Bioshock Infinite, Starcraft 2 and Mass Effect 3 (Single and Multiplayer).

Yohn

• The Dwarfiest
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2011, 08:59:56 AM »
I'm currently out of commission due to shitty internet service until August, but well before that issue popped up, my attempt to gather folks had pretty well died.

It seems like there's a combination effect of having a playerbase that isn't huge on PvP to start (at least among those I tend to play with on ER Alliance) being further winnowed down by the perception that Rated BGs are a lot of organization and coordination for little reward. The fact that 5 arena wins caps out weekly Conquest and are easy to slap together in an hour or two also decreases the reward of RBGs. Esentially the reward of RBGs is a chance to make a run for titles, and I don't think that's much of a draw. Personally, I think it would be a lot of fun, especially given my usual experiences pugging normal BGs vs taking in a small group of friends.

If there's still interest out there, count me among the interested, although as I said, I'm out of commission for another 2 1/2 months.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
-- H. L. Mencken

Omne Ignotum Pro Magnifico

Mr. Tring

• Party Pooper
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2011, 08:24:09 AM »
Feral's PvP viability is questionable these days, to put it mildly, but I still have an interest in rated BGs if you are willing to take on damaged goods and this ever comes to fruition. I also have some pvp contacts I could potentially rope in to participating.

Gellin

• Master Waffler
  • CotRR Moderator
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2011, 11:42:33 AM »
Sorry I didn't reply quicker. Yeah if we could get enough I think it would be great to give it a try. And I think feral would be fine. As long as you don't CCing a bunch. I think some of the ideal specs/classes we need at least one of each is blood dk, frost Mage, and a shaman healer. Other roles can be filled where needed. Like ferals are great node defenders. So let me know if we end up having enough.
Current addictions ... Bioshock Infinite, Starcraft 2 and Mass Effect 3 (Single and Multiplayer).

Ozara

• Three Rivers Member
  • Shiba-Inus are better than you.
Re: Re: Rated Battle Grounds. (Gauging interests)
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2011, 08:49:01 AM »
Depending on the time, my shamny could heal some rated BGs...or I could dps on my hunter. My shammy will be more involved in arena for S10, though.

Sent via my Droid
Yuinergos - Anubrisnaruu - etc.

Mr. Tring

• Party Pooper
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2011, 11:43:40 AM »
Send me a PM if you are interested in rated BGs. I think we have the bulk of a 10 man team together already. Never done this before so really don't know what to expect. Hopefully we can have some fun n' junk.

Fletcher

• Infraction Champions Member
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2011, 06:45:52 PM »
I'd love to come on Iiar, his main pvp is 3k+ resil as boomkin

Vylin

• Mains Are For Casuals
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2011, 09:12:52 AM »
I was able to play some RBG's this past Saturday afternoon. They are actually pretty fun, but they are time consuming. We played a total of 13 games and it took about 6 hours. However, you do get a ridiculous amount of rating per game and lose virtually nothing. With 9 wins I'm almost at 1500 RBG rating, and once you get over that your total Conquest Points / Week increases.
SWTOR Characters: Republic - Zerana, Hedrak, Joanna, Delmond; Empire - Destro, Entropi, Pennance, Purgatori

Vylin

• Mains Are For Casuals
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2011, 05:43:04 AM »
If anyone is interested, I'm going to *try* and put together an RBG group tonight (Monday) at 8pm server time.
SWTOR Characters: Republic - Zerana, Hedrak, Joanna, Delmond; Empire - Destro, Entropi, Pennance, Purgatori