Author Topic: 3.3.3 discussion  (Read 1750 times)

Thanamira

• Bunny Champion
  • Cupcakes Member
3.3.3 discussion
« on: March 03, 2010, 08:24:27 AM »
Two changes I don't understand:

ferals:
Quote from: mmo-c
# Mangle now increases the damage of bleed effects for 1 min. (Up from 12 sec)

I'm not understanding the point behind this buff.  Is it a cat thing or a bear thing or both?

warriors:
# Revenge damage has been slightly lowered, it now deals [ 31% of AP + 1636 ] to [ 31% of AP + 1998 ] damage at max rank. Down from  [ 31% of AP + 2181 ] to [ 31% of AP + 2665 ] damage. (That's still much higher than the live version)
# Improved Revenge now Increases damage of your Revenge ability by 30/60% (up from 10/20%) and causes Revenge to strike an additional target for 50% damage.

Well, losing the stun is sad for shutting down spellcasters.  I'm not sure I get why the stun was taken away for +1 target: is this supposed to buff new warriors with their multitarget threat?  Or are raiding tanks not getting any mileage from the stun, so might as well throw in more damage?  Or a nerf to warriors in heroics?  (HoR, I will sometimes cycle through Conc Blow, SW, and Revenge on the Mercenaries so they don't shadowstep onto a clothie.)
Thanamira (110 arcane maga), Reonna (110 prot warrior), Gaillardia (100 eventual resto druid)

jsoh

• Three Rivers Member
Re: 3.3.3 discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 08:34:00 AM »
The mangle change is a quality of life improvement for kitties who are stuck as the bleed-bot.

ghoselle

• Three Rivers Moderator
    • Three Rivers
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 08:51:52 AM »
Two changes I don't understand:

ferals:
# Mangle now increases the damage of bleed effects for 1 min. (Up from 12 sec)

I'm not understanding the point behind this buff.  Is it a cat thing or a bear thing or both?

Make cats happier when they don't have a bear/arms-warrior in raid.  Also a minor pvp buff.  

warriors:
# Revenge damage has been slightly lowered, it now deals [ 31% of AP + 1636 ] to [ 31% of AP + 1998 ] damage at max rank. Down from  [ 31% of AP + 2181 ] to [ 31% of AP + 2665 ] damage. (That's still much higher than the live version)
# Improved Revenge now Increases damage of your Revenge ability by 30/60% (up from 10/20%) and causes Revenge to strike an additional target for 50% damage.

Well, losing the stun is sad for shutting down spellcasters.  I'm not sure I get why the stun was taken away for +1 target: is this supposed to buff new warriors with their multitarget threat?  Or are raiding tanks not getting any mileage from the stun, so might as well throw in more damage?  Or a nerf to warriors in heroics?  (HoR, I will sometimes cycle through Conc Blow, SW, and Revenge on the Mercenaries so they don't shadowstep onto a clothie.)

Sounds like a PvP change to me.  Make it so warriors are a little bit more killable by melee.  

Mr. Tring

• Party Pooper
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 10:36:26 AM »

Well, losing the stun is sad for shutting down spellcasters.  I'm not sure I get why the stun was taken away for +1 target: is this supposed to buff new warriors with their multitarget threat?  Or are raiding tanks not getting any mileage from the stun, so might as well throw in more damage?  Or a nerf to warriors in heroics?  (HoR, I will sometimes cycle through Conc Blow, SW, and Revenge on the Mercenaries so they don't shadowstep onto a clothie.)

Sounds like a PvP change to me.  Make it so warriors are a little bit more killable by melee.  

Yeah, sounds like PvP adjustment, currently, engaging a prot warrior in melee combat  is an invitation to perpetual stun ending in death.

ghoselle

• Three Rivers Moderator
    • Three Rivers
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 06:42:50 AM »
And 3.3.3 is going live today...

Stronghold

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 09:30:38 AM »
But I liked having 11 different ways to interrupt casters :(